PDA

View Full Version : Brezina makes a coaching change

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Ladida
04-09-2012, 02:57 PM
According to his official website he is going to train with Viktor Petrenko. Does anyone know more about it?

Sylvia
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Link: http://www.michalbrezina.com/

Petrenko is based at the Ice House in Hackensack, New Jersey.

BittyBug
04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I certainly didn't see that coming, and am somewhat surprised. I know he had a disappointing final result at Worlds this year, but his skating overall seems to have been progressing. I'll miss those funky red glasses in the K&C.

ETA: I wonder how the English version of his website is being produced. Unless Czechs have a tendency to be particularly frank, this bit of the announcement certainly seems odd:

Michael ended cooperation with coaches Peter Starec and Karl Fajfr old man.

Rob
04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Very odd.

bek
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't know if its that surprising, isn't he dating an American? So he gets to be closer to his girlfriend, and i really do think he needs a change. His skating is progressing but his results aren't necessarily.

Jenya
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
ETA: I wonder how the English version of his website is being produced. Unless Czechs have a tendency to be particularly frank, this bit of the announcement certainly seems odd:

I only speak very basic Czech, but I did not see any "old man" reference in the Czech version. :lol:

Interesting move for Brezina - he's clearly very talented, so I hope it pays off for him in consistency.

barbk
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Is there perhaps a younger Karl Fajfr, and the intent was to reference "the elder," which then was poorly translated into English as "old man"?

Pavla2304
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I am from the Czech rep. Originally it says: Michal ended "up to now/standing" cooperation with Peter Starec and K.Fajfer. Nothing about old man:P

Vagabond
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Elsewhere on the English language portions of www.michalbrezina.com:

Will Březina break his potato’s damnation?

:watch:

FigureSpins
04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Sounds like an FSU rep level!

hanca
04-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I certainly didn't see that coming, and am somewhat surprised. I know he had a disappointing final result at Worlds this year, but his skating overall seems to have been progressing. I'll miss those funky red glasses in the K&C.

It is not translated properly. In the Czech version is: "Michal ukončil dosavadní spolupráci s trenéry P.Starcem a K.Fajfrem." Which means: "Michael ended his cooperation with coaches Peter Starec and Karl Fajfr". The 'old man' is translation of Mr 'Starec'. It is not a good idea to translate surnames!

Zemgirl
04-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't know if its that surprising, isn't he dating an American? So he gets to be closer to his girlfriend, and i really do think he needs a change. His skating is progressing but his results aren't necessarily.
He did have an American girlfriend, but I don't know if they are still together.

I don't find this all that surprising; I don't think Brezina has been making much progress at all. He's been doing well for several years but can't quite break through (winning a crappy Skate America with a crappy free skate doesn't count). His main issue - surviving the LP - has not been addressed. I don't know if Petrenko is the right choice for him, but changing things might not be such a bad idea.

Cheylana
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I too will miss those crazy red glasses, but good luck to Brezina!

LadyNit
04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
gahhhh....I hope Nina Petrenko doesn't get the job of choreographing for him. Please Petrenko gang, do not swamp Brezina with lounge lizard music. :scream:

Rock2
04-09-2012, 05:00 PM
He was dating Allison Reed as of not too long ago. Not sure if/where she trains out of.

Good for him for making the switch to improve. I'm guessing he wants to train in a more competitive environment and develop his style...?
In an interview a few months ago he said he was somewhat bound to home for school reasons but now he's done so his training options are open. He didn't say it in a way that signaled a big move like this, though.

For a scrawny little guy he gets freaky height on his jumps. I look forward to seeing him develop.