PDA

View Full Version : Best Ladies Free Skate of the Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chipso1
04-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Which lady had the best free skate of the season in terms of choreography, composition, and overall effect?

Skittl1321
04-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Ashley Wagner.

The arms she does on her spiral are just amazing. The entire program is fantastic.

oleada
04-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Kostner, by a million miles. Wagner has a nice program but in terms of choreography, it doesn't come close to Carolina's, IMO. It's a lot emptier.

chipso1
04-09-2012, 02:21 AM
You guys are too quick! ;) The poll is now up.

Cheylana
04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Kostner for me, but I loved Ashley's freeskate too.

LuckyCharm
04-09-2012, 02:51 AM
No votes for Suzuki? Hers, Kostner's, and Wagner's are my three favorites. I'll have to watch them all a few more times before I vote.

chipso1
04-09-2012, 03:13 AM
If I could have voted for both Carolina's and Ashley's I would have. However, I went with Ashley because, while Carolina had more intricate choreography, I thought Ashley's program had better composition and lots of good multi-directional skating. And while Carolina & Akiko are both artistically very good, I thought Ashley truly embodied the character of her music and put 120% into performing it each time, making the overall impact much greater for me.

All three (Carolina, Akiko and Ashley) were fabulous this season! Kudos to Lori, Pasquale and Philip on three great programs.

smarts1
04-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Am I the only person going for Mao's Liebestraum?!?!?!?! Even if Mao didn't really perform it to her potential this season, that program is loads better than Akiko's, Carolina's, and Ashley's LP!

I know people love Carolina's LP to death, but quite honestly, I'm not that much of a fan of it. She hits many of the musical cues nicely, but I don't know, there's just some type of spark missing from it when she performs it.

DimaToe
04-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Ashley for me, Carolina had gorgeous choreography, but she just chopped up Concerto 23 too much for my liking.

lmarie086
04-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Carolina got my vote; it was an exquisite program! I loved Ashley as well, but the strength of her free skate was in how she performed it, with increasing confidence and performance quality as the season progressed. Also loved Akiko!

Jenna
04-09-2012, 04:32 AM
My vote goes to Ashley Wagner. The choreography is gorgeous enough (kudos to Philip Mills) but the way she performs the program, particularly during/after the spiral sequence, is masterful! She brings the character of that program to life and she attacks every single second.

Carolina Kostner has a beautiful program, as well! Lively interpretation of the music and seamless, intricate choreography.

Akiko Suzuki's program is an honorable mention. The step sequence is lovely.

Worst of the season? Ksenia Makarova. Honestly, it's garbage. Her short is really unique and interesting, too. What a shame.

aliceanne
04-09-2012, 04:32 AM
I voted for Suzuki. I love Die Fledermaus, and I loved the joy and energy she put into her World's performance.

pinky166
04-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Makarova's Marilyn Monroe :EVILLE:

DimaToe
04-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Makarova's Marilyn Monroe :EVILLE:

:rofl: I knew that was coming :D

pollyanna
04-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Kostner, by a million miles.

This, with Mao's a close second. IMO, these two programs were head and shoulders above all the others.