PDA

View Full Version : Retirements in 2012

Pages : 1 2 [3]

love_skate2011
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
:rolleyes:

Ksenia Makarova's not "done" competing internationally next season unless Russia prevents her from being invited to the 2 Senior Grand Prix competitions she's earned (under the current GP rules) for placing in the top 12 at Worlds.

and if she keeps getting dismal results in GP next season will be her last GP events.
she needs good results those upcomers are on her heels that what Im saying
or else its hello B Competitions to her from now on.

in a few more seasons it will be too crowded with Leonova, Tukt, Adelina, Julia, Elena, Shelepen, Medvedeva, Polina K, Biryukova etc. for her to stay competitive provided if she can handle it.

Sylvia
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't think the original poster intended this thread to be about "Skaters You'd Like to See Retire Because Some Fans Think Their Time is Up and They're Too Stupid to Realize It."

blue_idealist
04-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Chan had said he even thought of quitting after the 2010 season until he didnt do well at the Vancouver Olympics and saw how much he enjoyed the Olympic experience and then decided to continue. If he had won the 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olympics he probably would have stopped right then. He has also complained about having a hard time making enough money in the sport as an amateur. He has also talked about wanting to continue his education, not even neccessarily having a long career as a show skater. It would be shocking if he continued in eligible competition past 2014, especialy if he wins in Sochi as expected.

That almost makes it sound llike the guy doesn't even enjoy skating. :P

judgejudy27
04-10-2012, 02:59 AM

I wouldnt say that. Maybe just a guy who doesnt want to skate his whole life as there are other things to do in life, or sees no point in continuing eligible competition past the age when those who lead full careers almost always retire from the amateur world at the latest (mid 20s) when he has probably already won everything by then. Which makes total sense. Why on earth become another Fumie Suguri competing as a journeywomen/man as a shadow of your old self into your 30s, but in this case one unlike Fumie who had achieved all there is to do in the sport and has no reason for possible feelings of unfullfillment.

victoriaheidi
04-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I had no idea Iliuschechkina and Maisuradze had even broken up! A few weeks ago I was thinking about how it would be almost impossible for them to make the Sochi team for Russia, what with V/T, K/S, and B/L, not to mention Stolbova/Klimov, Gerboldt/Enbert, and that other good pair.. I forget their name lol.. who could potentially be ahead of them at Russian Nats in the coming years.

Martiusheva/Rogonov?

fscric
04-10-2012, 03:44 AM

So he shouldn't have a life after skating? Like pursue his education which he has put on hold to focus on skating?

blue_idealist
04-10-2012, 03:44 AM
I wouldnt say that. Maybe just a guy who doesnt want to skate his whole life as there are other things to do in life, or sees no point in continuing eligible competition past the age when those who lead full careers almost always retire from the amateur world at the latest (mid 20s) when he has probably already won everything by then. Which makes total sense. Why on earth become another Fumie Suguri competing as a journeywomen/man as a shadow of your old self into your 30s, but in this case one unlike Fumie who had achieved all there is to do in the sport and has no reason for possible feelings of unfullfillment.

I was just joking..

blue_idealist
04-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Martiusheva/Rogonov?

Yes, I think that was who I was thinking of.

Lanna
04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't think the original poster intended this thread to be about "Skaters You'd Like to See Retire Because Some Fans Think Their Time is Up and They're Too Stupid to Realize It."

:respec:

Sylvia
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Best wishes to Amanda Evora who announced her retirement from competitive skating today - thread in GSD with a link to the USFS press release: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83271

victoriaheidi
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Best wishes to Amanda Evora who announced her retirement from competitive skating today - thread in GSD with a link to the USFS press release: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83271

Does this make me sad? Yes. At the same time, Amanda must be very tired and I am very proud of everything she and Mark accomplished.