PDA

View Full Version : CBC to sell bold

Pages : 1 [2] 3

victorskid
04-08-2012, 03:25 AM
:( Deep depression......

I know this is more appropriate for the Politically Incorrect forum but my deep depression began the moment I realized that the "Harper Government" had received a majority in the last election. I knew that the country was in trouble - it's only just begun...

manhn
04-08-2012, 04:50 AM
This is awful news, especially after CTV's dismal coverage of Canadians.

kylet3
04-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Oh dear indeed, can we cut the salary of every MP by 10 percent and put that into a fund to save Bold?!

Sally1214
04-08-2012, 07:56 AM
WHAT???? The year before the 2013 Worlds in Canada? OMG!! :fragile:

Japanfan
04-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Usually I start worrying about the FS coverage in the fall - but the worrying starts as of now. It would be awful if we lost the BOLD FS coverage in Canada. . .cbc.ca is an alternative, but I just find it more relaxing to watch FS on the bigger screen from the couch, rather than on the smaller computer screen at my desk. And I usually watch delayed coverage, and the cbc.ca site gives away the results as soon as the competition is done.

And we won't even have Ice Network or Universal Sports as an alternative because CBC will retain broadcaster results despite its paltry coverage of about five skaters/teams event.

This news has shaken up my world in a rather unpleasant fashion.

:(

The Accordion
04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I just find it more relaxing to watch FS on the bigger screen from the couch, rather than on the smaller computer screen at my desk. And I usually watch delayed coverage, and the cbc.ca site gives away the results as soon as the competition is done.

:(

The other thing is CBC.CA freezes a lot. And if you need to hit refresh you have to watch all the ads again which can be so awful when you are watching someone you really really want to see!

AJ Skatefan
04-08-2012, 11:26 PM
This really sucks for the Canadian fans.

AragornElessar
04-09-2012, 05:39 AM
At least some of you have the cbc.ca option. For those of us in rural areas, we can't even access that due to still being in the stone age of Net Access w/only Dial Up available. Plus, it's not just us this hurts. The skiing fans will also now have to either wait for the delayed coverage or going to cbc.ca to watch, as they were showing all of the Alpine circuit live the last couple of years too.

Then there's the fans of the Summer sports, such as Spruce Meadows' equestrian events, who could watch those events live as they happened instead of having to wait a week or two to see it on the CBC as a packaged piece.

So it's not just us skating fans who are hurt by this. I'll miss the coverage. Won't miss PJ that much, but will miss the coverage.

baron
04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi
Well I have just read this thread and it is very sad news for me. I really enjoyed the Bold coverage because they showed all the skaters and not just the final group.

Well this is another gift from our beloved S Harper not. I cannot understand with his history of cuts in his first go at Prime Minister that Canadians would give him another majority. Mabye after another four years of cuts they will think again.

I will miss the coverage but hey I will remain optomistic that the new owners if anyone does buy it will continue with some of the same coverage.

When we know who buys it it would not hurt to write. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so it would be worth a try.

Baron

Jenny
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I fear also for the future of Battle of the Blades.

victorskid
04-09-2012, 02:33 PM

That thought occurred to me too :(

shutterbug
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I was wondering about BOTB as well. Only info I could find was this (https://twitter.com/#!/rakitoon/statuses/187746205474889729) tweet from Sandra Bezic on March 21:

"@LinnieJF: any word on Season 4 @CBCbattle " No not yet. We are still waiting for decision from CBC. Should know within a few weeks

4rkidz
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I think CBC is more than a station it is a part of our culture - those funky shows that are just Canadian we won't get anymore as they don't make as much money as the crap that comes from some of those other stations that aren't Canadian programming.. :(

AJ Skatefan
04-09-2012, 10:30 PM

But Battle of the Blades is on the main station, not BOLD.

The Accordion
04-09-2012, 10:42 PM
But Battle of the Blades is on the main station, not BOLD.

And haven't the ratings been really good?