PDA

View Full Version : U.S. skating turns to Gold standard

Sugar
04-06-2012, 08:58 PM
U.S. skating turns to Gold standard
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/globetrotting/chi-us-skating-turns-to-gold-standard-20120406,0,64185.column
Although she will be using the 2011-12 programs at the World Team Trophy, Gold has picked music for next year: a tango to "Hernando's Hideaway" for the short and excerpts from the score to the film "Life is Beautiful" for the long.

Sylvia
04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Do we really need yet another new Gracie Gold thread in GSD? I've posted the article link in the WTT event thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3539672#post3539672

agalisgv
04-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Idk--I can't find another recent Gold thread in GSD. All the announcement threads re: WTT have been closed. What else is there?

The Fly On The Wall
04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I wish Phil et al would let Gracie Gold skate senior for a year before declaring her the second coming of Kwan.

fenway2
04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I wish Phil et al would let Gracie Gold skate senior for a year before declaring her the second coming of Kwan. Kwan's name isn't even in the linked article. Can you point out an article or tweet where he's declared her the second coming of Kwan? I must have missed it.

Jammers
04-06-2012, 11:24 PM
lol Gracie fever it taking over this board.

Vash01
04-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Not a bad article. He is not crowning her right now. The title was a bit misleading. My first thought when I saw the title was- Oh no! Another worshipful article about Gold. However, it is a pretty balanced article, I think. He is giving due respect to Adelina and the senior ladies. Gracie and Adelina will have the most difficult jumps content; the rest of the field will have the presentation. It will be interesting to see how the judges score them.

The Fly On The Wall
04-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Kwan's name isn't even in the linked article. Can you point out an article or tweet where he's declared her the second coming of Kwan? I must have missed it.

You know darn well what I meant. OK, "I wish people would give her a year of skating senior before declaring her THE SAVIOR OF U.S. LADIES' FIGURE SKATING." There, you happy now?

Ozzisk8tr
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
lol Gracie fever it taking over this board.

Sort of like Yellow Fever, but a little more sparkly.

kwanatic
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
You know darn well what I meant. OK, "I wish people would give her a year of skating senior before declaring her THE SAVIOR OF U.S. LADIES' FIGURE SKATING." There, you happy now?

AMEN.

fenway2
04-07-2012, 06:37 AM
You know darn well what I meant. OK, "I wish people would give her a year of skating senior before declaring her THE SAVIOR OF U.S. LADIES' FIGURE SKATING." There, you happy now? That's what I thought.

eurodance2001
04-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Good luck to Gracie!

jatale
04-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Calm down. Gracie is a ray of light in an otherwise pretty bleak US ladies landscape so it is understandable that she is being promoted now. Also she is very talented, so she deserves the attention. I don't recall anyone calling Gold "THE SAVIOR OF U.S. LADIES' FIGURE SKATING", I think that is just hyperbole. Take some valium and relax.

apatinar
04-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Sort of like Yellow Fever, but a little more sparkly.

I think there was some kind of fever when a private message was sent :rolleyes: :rolleyes: