PDA

View Full Version : Question about Red Army Club arena

TanithandBenFan
04-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm doing some research on the rink that's home to the Red Army Club in Moscow, and I haven't been able to find any photos of the building. I found just a couple of photos of skaters training inside. Has anyone been to the rink and can describe the exterior/interior or point me in the direction of a site with photos or more information? Also, about how far is the rink from the center of Moscow? Thanks so much!!!!

Anya
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
It depends which rink you are looking for. The current main venue look like this (http://www.sport-russia.ru/filestore/0010/0012/116829/1.jpg)

The general search for photos results in this collection (https://www.google.ru/search?q=%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B 9+%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%86+%D1%86%D1%8 1%D0%BA%D0%B0+%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE&hl=ru&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=ugr&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=hw1_T9HAFI_EtAaU1vjeBA&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=606) (not sure if it works). Black & white photos are of the old main rink, pre-1981.

But there used to be an old practice rink, which was turned into parking lot or something like that a decade or so ago, and now there is a new practice rink, but I cannot find its photos anywhere. Both inside and outside it is very basic facility (no stands, only a balcony on one of the short sides, for example).

It is pretty close to the center of Moscow. There is a street which goes from it directly to the Kremlin (Tverskaya St.), must be some 7 or 8 km. Which, on a ordinary day with all Moscow traffic can take up to a couple of hours to drive :lol:

If you are familiar with the venue for the 2011 World Championships in Moscow, CSKA skating rink is 10-15 walk away from it.

TanithandBenFan
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Anya! One of my questions was whether the building had changed since the early 1990's. It looks like it was just built in 1991, so that's very helpful information. And thanks for the information on the travel time! I've heard Moscow traffic is horrific. :lol: