PDA

View Full Version : Oksana Baiul's Future Plans!

Pages : [1] 2

Spartacus
04-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Olympian Oksana Baiul called Cliffside Park home for 14 years

What Baiul is doing now

Baiul, who is actively in the process of re-launching the Oksana Baiul Collection, a line of figure skating apparel originally created in 2002, recalled sending boxes of the skating costumes to a rink in her native Ukraine, with specific instructions for them be distributed for free to needy children.

Baiul said, "I am not a good business person, I lead with my heart. But, I don't regret my generosity, I am proud of that quality."

Baiul is also engrossed in writing her autobiography, together with acclaimed sports writer, Filip Bondy. The book will be Baiul's third, preceded by "Oksana: My Own Story" and "Secrets of Skating." She plans to have the book released in time for the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

"Writing the book is a healing experience and there are many things people don't know about my life," she said.

With regard to the current slate of International skaters, Baiul does have some favorites, including American skater Adam Rippon, with whom she skated at the Ice House, and Valentina Marchei of Italy.

Although her schedule is peppered with appearances, including her April 1 surprise Appearance Meet and Greet at "Pocahontas on Ice" in Coney Island, New York, she has been enjoying some time off. She does admit, however, that she would like to tour again. She is primarily training at IceLand in Mercerville and is preparing to headline and co-produce her first global tour.

Baiul is also launching a production company to present domestic and international television specials, and is launching her own philanthropic entity, the Baiul-Farina Foundation, in furtherance of her work on behalf of children.

Having spent 14 years in a Cliffside Park high-rise, Baiul is enjoying being surrounded by nature on her private estate in Pennsylvania. She moved to rural Pennsylvania in early March with her boyfriend/manager Carlo Farina. She surrounds herself with all that she holds dear, including her beloved Chihuahuas, Czar Louie, the "chocolate cupcake" who she calls "pleasantly plump" and Empress Alexis, her "vanilla cupcake." Notably, the self-described orphan calls family "the most important thing in her life," and counts her beloved dogs and her boyfriend and his family as her closest family members.

Baiul also has a relationship, albeit a long-distance one, with her paternal grandmother, 82, who lives in the Ukraine. In 2005 Baiul felt compelled to silence the pestering questions she had about her biological father. She traveled to the Ukraine and met him and her paternal grandmother for the first time. Fortunately, Baiul's need for answers was sated before her father died in 2007.

Baiul, now 34, may have traveled many miles over the years, but she seems at home in her present life.

Current information, including appearances, may be found at www.OksanaStyle.com or by following her on Twitter @oksanabaiul.

Full article: http://www.northjersey.com/topstories/cliffsidepark/146273445_Olympian_Baiul_champions_for_children_.h tml?page=all

:rollin:Yas!

Jot the Dot Dot
04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Good for her! Thanks for the article :-)

Spartacus
04-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Good for her! Thanks for the article :-)
You're welcome. Should be good! Hope she invites Adam on tour.:D

Primorskaya
04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
This is cool, I'm glad to see the person who made me a FS addict when I was little is doing well! Bring on the tour!

Spartacus
04-06-2012, 09:16 AM
This is cool, I'm glad to see the person who made me a FS addict when I was little is doing well! Bring on the tour!
Oh me too! I love her so much! :oksana1:

Bournekraatzfan
04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Thank you so much for the update, Spartacus! I love Oksana and always appreciate hearing about what she's up to now.

Spartacus
04-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Thank you so much for the update, Spartacus! I love Oksana and always appreciate hearing about what she's up to now.
You're welcome! I'm so excited she's doing this tour!

Spartacus
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Oksana saw my thread!!!:swoon:

https://twitter.com/#!/OksanaBaiul/status/197775233640435712

Aussie Willy
05-03-2012, 03:57 AM
It is always nice to read about Oksana. I think she is one of the most artistic skaters out there. Glad she seems to have found a really settled place in her life.

PashaFan
05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
She is one of the skaters who always makes me smile.
I truly wish her all the best :D

Katarzyna
05-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Thank you for posting the info, Spartacus. It's good to see that Oksana is still involved in the skating worlds. I hope she will get the opportunity to tour. :)
And I hope she will have the opportunity to visit her grandmother in the Ukraine for many years to come - it's hard if you have relatives abroad. In particular if it's the grandparents and they have reached a certain age - you just never know how much time is left that you can spend together with them.

Spartacus
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Thank you for posting the info, Spartacus. It's good to see that Oksana is still involved in the skating worlds. I hope she will get the opportunity to tour. :)
And I hope she will have the opportunity to visit her grandmother in the Ukraine for many years to come - it's hard if you have relatives abroad. In particular if it's the grandparents and they have reached a certain age - you just never know how much time is left that you can spend together with them.
You're welcome.

Very excited for what's to come. :)

Follow Oksana on Twitter for updates.:)
https://twitter.com/#!/OksanaBaiul

:oksana1:

It is always nice to read about Oksana. I think she is one of the most artistic skaters out there. Glad she seems to have found a really settled place in her life.
I ADORE your signature! ;)

Sasha'sSpins
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks for posting that article!

I love Oksana! :oksana1: I wish her much success in all of her future endeavors and much love, good health and happiness. :cool:

SkateBlades17
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for posting!! That's cool that Oksana saw this thread!!

Spartacus
06-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks for posting!! That's cool that Oksana saw this thread!!
It is. :D

CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment has signed OKSANA BAIUL to Exclusive Management Worldwide.

CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment has agreed to Exclusively Manage OKSANA BAIUL, Olympic Gold Medalist and Figure Skating World Champion and Global Celebrity. Ms. Baiul signed with CARLO J. FARINA Entertainment as she embarks upon her Professional Global Comeback from semi-retirement over the last 4 years. Please click below for access to Ms. Baiul's Official Website for more details, updates and exciting news...
http://www.farinaco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:oksana-baiul-signs-exclusive-management-with-carlo-j-farina-entertainment&catid=1:latest-news

:rollin:

:oksana1: