PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Brick

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

UGG
04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
is anyone following this saga online? This woman is all the rage on twitter, and all of the blogs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html
with her follow up article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124782/Samantha-Brick-says-backlash-bile-yesterdays-Daily-Mail-proves-shes-right.html

. She is totally in lala land!!

Lanie
04-04-2012, 09:26 PM
I was laughing so hard. She is pretty average looking, if you ask me...

nubka
04-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I saw that yesterday. She is o.k. looking, but nothing to write home about... :confused:

PDilemma
04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
She has a pretty high opinion of herself. I thought she is just average looking. Asked my husband, with no context, just the picture and he said she was an average looking woman as well. Not unattractive, but not particularly worth a second look.

I wonder what has led to her notion that she is so amazingly beautiful. And if her stories of men falling all over her are true, I wonder how she is dressing and acting. Because I can't see it being her generally average appearance.

Karina1974
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
"This pretty"? With that five-head, limp stringy hair and obvious blonde-dye job (which probably is a big cause of the limp stringiness)? And there is something really "off" in her facial symmetry.

If she thinks she is the 21st century version of Lillie Langtree (who WAS considered to be one of the most beautiful women of her time), she is sadly mistaken.

genevieve
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
people...it's the Daily Mail :lol:

milanessa
04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
people...it's the Daily Mail :lol:

Now gen, you know some people just have to knock others down.

genevieve
04-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm just amused to find out that the reason none of my friends asked me to be a bridesmaid for them was because of my devastating good looks! :glamor:

milanessa
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM
I was always the most gorgeous woman in the room. Just ask me.

DarrellH
04-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I had to check the date to see if it was written April Fools Day, or not.

Spareoom
04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, isn't it? Because if you disagree with her then you validate her point in her eyes, and if you agree with her, then clearly something is wrong with your head. ;)

Clearly she is cray-cray. Maybe she does get special treatment, but I doubt it is completely uninitiated. :p

RockTheTassel
04-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Is this for real? :rofl: It reminds me of something from The Onion.

danceronice
04-04-2012, 11:22 PM
She has a pretty high opinion of herself. I thought she is just average looking. Asked my husband, with no context, just the picture and he said she was an average looking woman as well. Not unattractive, but not particularly worth a second look.

I wonder what has led to her notion that she is so amazingly beautiful. And if her stories of men falling all over her are true, I wonder how she is dressing and acting. Because I can't see it being her generally average appearance.

Seriously. I question just how much "flirting" she does and how she's dressing. Because I have seen Beautiful-with-a-capital-B women, and Ms Brick, you aren't it. ("More Kate Middleton than Katie Price?" Honey, I suggest you not enter a beauty contest with EITHER of them and I am not one of the latter's biggest fans.) If THAT many women think she's coming on to their husbands, well...either there are a staggeringly disproportionate number of rocky marriages in her neighborhood or she's onto something.

I think Jay from Leeds nailed it in the comments: "No, love, they don't hate you because you're beautiful (which you're not really), they hate you because you're a smug, self-satisfied, deluded, vacuous idiot."

Keiko from Toronto also gets an O SNAP in: "If the woman in this article is so plagued by the burden of her looks, tell her to wear a burkha. Problem solved."

michiruwater
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I can understand the response that she isn't really that great-looking, but that response bothers me because it does seem like a lot of women are responding that way. The problem isn't that she's not beautiful - it's that she's horrifically conceited and holier-than-thou in the most shockingly off-handed way.

Her looks don't matter, really. I mean, if she was absolutely gorgeous, would what she wrote have been any less awful? I'm sure there are people who feel how she feels who genuinely have some measure of reason for it, but there is a way to put that in writing that isn't this... high-handed. High-handed isn't even a good word for it. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. It's just so thoroughly arrogant in the worst possible way.

FunnyBut
04-05-2012, 12:27 AM
I actually do think she is rather pretty. But the overwhelming impression I get of her is that she is totally narcissistic. I think the negative reactions she gets from other women is more for her vanity and ego than for her being threatenly beautiful. But it's easy to see how she'd interpret the situation differently.