PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White- Coaching Change?

Pages : [1] 2

arakwafan2006
04-04-2012, 02:38 AM
OK...So, I think that Meryl and Charlie are flat out not capable of beating Tessa and Scott unless they make a mistake or nless they change something. Am I the only person who is nervous that Meryl and Charlie will perhaps leave Igor and Marina? It seems to be the trend that when things donít go right that the team/skater blames the coach. Legitimately, it might work but I am just curious. I do think that the only coaches that are more capable than Igor and Marina are Linichuk and Karpanasov but of course you know where that ended Tanith and Ben. Anyway, I Wanted you guys to weight in on it.

dancefan17
04-04-2012, 02:42 AM
I am actually thinking they just need to construct the programs more carefully. The two teams are so closely matched, they can't afford programs where they can't perfectly execute each element. Really thinking that is what happened in the last 2 competitions where V/M won.

Moka-Ananas
04-04-2012, 02:43 AM
The USFSA should sent Gracie Gold.

literaryfreak
04-04-2012, 02:43 AM
I wouldn't wish Linichuk on my worst enemies. :scream:

keep n spin n
04-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Sorry, but their real lives are where they train. And this thread has a very misleading title. Getting 2nd in the world aint all that bad, now and then.

shan
04-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Sorry, but their real lives are where they train. And this thread has a very misleading title. Getting 2nd in the world aint all that bad, now and then.

No joke! I did a double take and realized it was prob. conjecture. :lol:

blue_idealist
04-04-2012, 03:02 AM
I don't think they'll leave Igor and Marina, at least not now, since they go to school in Michigan.

Debbie S
04-04-2012, 03:17 AM
No joke! I did a double take and realized it was prob. conjecture. :lol:Me, too.

I don't think they'll leave Igor and Marina, at least not now, since they go to school in Michigan.Agree.

I wouldn't wish Linichuk on my worst enemies. :scream::lol:

sequins
04-04-2012, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't wish Linichuk on my worst enemies. :scream:

:lol:

I know both D&W fans and V&M fans have both suggested a change but I would be stunned if that happened. They won last year,second is not a bad result for goodness sake it could get a lot worse. Also judging by V&M interview with Tracy they thrive on having D&W there and on the pressure and competitive environment and I imagine the same is true for D&W. They love it! It's been a great success, always first or second since Vancouver why change when others would kill for it. We don't know how lucky we are thankfully they do.

walei
04-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Unlike some fans on this board, I do hope Meryl and Charlie recognize that they need to work on their skating to get back the levels consistently, instead of thinking they got shafted due to poor judging.

Marina and Igor gave them magnificent programs like DF. Some critics do say it is constructed to hide their flaws (e.g. frantic skating, lines could be more polished, etc). If that's true then it means Z/S do know what they need to work on.

Aussie Willy
04-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Coaching changes are not necessarily a bad thing nor done because there are personal issues and problems between the skater and coach. Particularly when a skater has been with a coach for a very long time things can become stale and uninspired. Sometimes the skater just need a different perspective or a fresh set of eyes. And a good coach will recognise when it is time for a skater to move on and even make the suggestion themselves.

Bournekraatzfan
04-04-2012, 04:35 AM
No joke! I did a double take and realized it was prob. conjecture. :lol:

me too.

I honestly think their DF was a masterpiece, and I noticed significant improvements in their line, unison, and overall polish. I also think they have expanded their interpretive skills, especially their projection. I believe they received standing Os at every outing of that free dance, which says a lot to me. I can't identify any major weaknesses in them, but I do know they are always looking to push themselves and grow, and I think they can still do that with Z&S. Having said that, I would love to see them get input from an external choreographer.

Jenna
04-04-2012, 04:36 AM

This was funny, like, the first hundred times.

FiveRinger
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM
So, if you were going to send them to another coach or choreographer, the question then becomes who would it be, and why? I have no idea, which is why I ask. I do agree, that, in order to improve, it is good to experience/see other points of view.

5Ali3
04-04-2012, 05:54 AM

:rofl: This will never get old.

I don't think they'll leave Igor and Marina, at least not now, since they go to school in Michigan.

I believe Tanith and Charlie just bought a house or are in the process of buying a house; to be fair, I didn't ask where. I think they're well-settled in Michigan; Tanith coaches a fair amount, in addition to both being enrolled in school near Canton.

IIRC, nearly 50% of the teams who qualified for the free dance at Worlds this year train either in Canton or Bloomfield Hills. Davis and White are in good hands - and in good company, with excellent training partners who push them every day.