PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 US Men should get WTT?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

floskate
04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Looks like the poll results were spot on ;)

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027887.htm

Jemestone
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Darn it. I wanted Boss Miner to compete, not as a substitute. Entirely two different things :blah: whatever.

michiruwater
04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry USFSA doesn't make their decisions based upon your wants and needs.

Jemestone
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry USFSA doesn't make their decisions based upon your wants and needs.

And :confused: It's all fun and games in the end. It's a fun event and the poll was fun...so what's your point :rolleyes:

pinky166
04-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow can't believe they are sending Adam. Ross really deserved that spot way more than Adam, even Armin or Josh would be more deserving. Blah. Happy for Gracie though!

Cheylana
04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Congratulations to Adam, but hopefully he won't attempt his "quad" here.

pinky166
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations to Adam, but hopefully he won't attempt his "quad" here.

Oh yes, Adam and his 3.5 salchow :shuffle:

Primorskaya
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Wow can't believe they are sending Adam. Ross really deserved that spot way more than Adam, even Armin or Josh would be more deserving. Blah. Happy for Gracie though!

I get the most overwhelming sense of déjà vu from this post, like you've expressed the same feeling over and over again, in every thread going, roughly a hundred times in the past few weeks. Oh wait, that's because you have!

Polymer Bob
04-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh yes, Adam and his 3.5 salchow :shuffle:

He lands facing forward so he has momentum going into his axel. :rofl:

pinky166
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
He lands facing forward so he has momentum going into his axel. :rofl:

True! Maybe it's intentional!

pinky166
04-08-2012, 09:31 PM
I get the most overwhelming sense of déjà vu from this post, like you've expressed the same feeling over and over again, in every thread going, roughly a hundred times in the past few weeks. Oh wait, that's because you have!

Hmm well I will say this. I rewatched Nationals, and Adam did land his 3a cleanly in the SP. It wasn't a large or beautiful 3a by any stretch of the imagination, but it was clean. So maybe the lead over Ross in the SP was okay...but Ross was still better in the FS. But in any event, I guess Adam just got really lucky in that his one clean 3a of the season was landed at Nationals!

It's okay, Boss Miner can wait til next season to plow past Rippon in the standings. He can be the next Lysacek and win medals even if his skating isn't the most interesting. His jumps are huge!

Sylvia
04-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Hmm well I will say this. I rewatched Nationals, and Adam did land his 3a cleanly in the SP. It wasn't a large or beautiful 3a by any stretch of the imagination, but it was clean. So maybe the lead over Ross in the SP was okay...but Ross was still better in the FS. But in any event, I guess Adam just got really lucky in that his one clean 3a of the season was landed at Nationals!
Rippon landed both 3A in his TEB FS and in his Nationals FS (eta: 1st one wasn't pretty but he got credit for the rotation with negative GOE). Miner's only significant mistake in his Nationals FS was falling on his second 3A.

Both guys were supportive of each other at 4 Continents... too bad Miner wasn't able to teach Rippon how to golf there, but hopefully he'll get the chance to do so in the future! :)

pinky166
04-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Rippon landed both 3A in his TEB FS and in his Nationals FS (eta: 1st one wasn't pretty but he got credit for the rotation with negative GOE). Miner's only significant mistake in his Nationals FS was falling on his second 3A.

Both guys were supportive of each other at 4 Continents... too bad Miner wasn't able to teach Rippon how to golf there, but hopefully he'll get the chance to do so in the future! :)

Yes but I meant that in the SP the 3a didn't garner -GOE, the 3a he did in his FS at TEB and Nats weren't clean like the one in his SP, they got -GOE. The -GOE is what really kills him on that jump.

Sylvia
04-09-2012, 01:54 AM
According to the protocols, Rippon received 0 GOE average for both his 3A in his 2011 TEB FS and +1.43 GOE on his 2nd 3A in his Nationals FS.

I'm not disputing that - GOE has plagued him this season on the 3A, just the part of your post about Rippon's "one clean 3a of the season."

judgejudy27
04-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Miner has been undermarked and underrated in the U.S I feel. However I think part of it as they dont see the potential in him to ever be a World medalist like they do with older skaters like Abbott, Evan possibly if he returns, or future potential like younger skaters such as Dornbush and even Rippon still to some extent.