PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 US Men should get WTT?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

briancoogaert
04-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Jeremy and Adam !
Or Joshua and Jason !

Polymer Bob
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I would say Jeremy and Adam.

Vash01
04-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I was not impressed at the USN by Farris or Brown because of the number of mistakes they made on jumps. Rest of the skating was fine. However, you cannot do well on the international scene without consistent jumps. They are both young and could develop into something special. Right now though Jeremy and Ross are our best hope. I thought Adam had conquered his problems on jumps, but it does not look like he has. He may need more time to improve his jumps. Ross has them already; now it's time to work on presentation.

pinky166
04-05-2012, 03:06 AM
I was not impressed at the USN by Farris or Brown because of the number of mistakes they made on jumps. Rest of the skating was fine. However, you cannot do well on the international scene without consistent jumps. They are both young and could develop into something special. Right now though Jeremy and Ross are our best hope. I thought Adam had conquered his problems on jumps, but it does not look like he has. He may need more time to improve his jumps. Ross has them already; now it's time to work on presentation.

2 things regarding nationals for Farris and Brown. 1.) they had skated junior FS all season, so the extra 30 seconds and step sequence was new and probably affected their stamina b/c they were training their junior FS all fall 2.) they were the only 2 senior men eligible by age for JW, I think they both knew realistically they didn't have a shot at making senior worlds (Jason with no 3a no way would have been sent and Joshua could have with great skates but even then he'd probably have gotten held back to at least 4th by PCS inflation for other skaters), plus they both medaled at/won their JGP events and the JGP final, so they knew their spots at JW were pretty much all but secured. I tend to think they were probably training to peak at JW honestly, and were tired at Nationals after a long fall season on the JGP and then the longer FS was new and tiring for both. Considering how well they both skated at JW I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, of course they had hoped to skate better at nationals, but their coaches may have been pacing them to focus more on the junior programs and be at their best for JW in March, rather than Nationals in January. Just a thought.

I agree neither was that impressive at Nationals but I think both were VERY impressive at JW and I'd like to see them be considered for WTT, if sent, maybe we'd see Jason go for a 3a and Josh for a 4t.

Aussie Willy
04-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Brian Boitano and Dick Button

A.H.Black
04-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Brian Boitano and Dick Button Works for me. How about David and Hayes Jenkins.

pinky166
04-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Works for me. How about David and Hayes Jenkins.

Michelle Kwan and Gracie Gold?

icellist
04-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Jeremy is pretty much forced to go and Ross deserves it after 4CC

Polymer Bob
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
From the votes so far, Ross is beating Adam.

Fergus
04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
:cheer2: Ross!!! :cheer2:

DORISPULASKI
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Ross! :kickass:

Jemestone
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes, please let it be BOSS MINER :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Polymer Bob
04-05-2012, 06:34 PM
That's a tough decision. Adam has stronger international credentials. They may lean toward Adam just because of that. On the other hand, Ross did make the podium at 4CC.

On the other hand ...... On the other hand ...... On the other hand ...... :confused:

Dear USFSA:

Feel free to jump in at any time.

P.B.

Jenny81
04-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Hmm...........
It's hard to choose between them.
How about 'Evan Lysacek'? Is it impossible??

Jammers
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
:lol: