PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 US Ladies should get WTT?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

haribobo
04-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Not sure how well-trained Nagasu and Flatt are, but I'll throw them in here anyway.

DickButtonFan
04-04-2012, 02:48 AM
I'd say Gracie and Alissa. Let's see how Alissa does this time.

victoriaheidi
04-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Isn't it the top 2 ranked ladies?

chipso1
04-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Ashley and Caroline.

The U.S. ladies are currently ranked #5 Czisny, #9 Nagasu, #15 Flatt, #17 Wagner, #19 Zhang.

Alissa - can't imagine them selecting her, or her really wanting to go after Worlds
Mirai - not training programs right now
Rachael - who knows ?

smarts1
04-04-2012, 03:02 AM
I also thought it was by invite only...

blue_idealist
04-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Wagner, obviously, based on her great performance at Worlds. I then picked Caroline Zhang since she's improved so much lately. I almost picked Gold instead of her but then I thought hey, she's junior, she'll have MANY other chances 'cause it's really a senior event.

BigB08822
04-04-2012, 03:37 AM
I say Wagner and Zawadzki. Agnes should have been prepared as an alternate for Worlds so give her this shot. Alissa is done with any big assignments outside of GP events where the US will need to fill in a hole or two.

Frau Muller
04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Ashley and Gracie. If not them, anybody BUT Csisny. However, I'm not averse to letting Ashley or Gracie wear Alissa's Big White Teeth for a day.

nylynnr
04-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Isn't it the top 2 ranked ladies?

The entry process for WTT isn't particularly well known. Going by the 2009 guidelines, all I found was that if one of the top 2 ranked singles skaters elects not to participate, he or she cannot participate in any other events (i.e., shows) for a period of time surrounding the WTT. There was another publication on the topic in 2011 but I cannot locate it on the ISU site.

Seems to me that the ISU, in conjunction with the Japanese Skating Federation, has a great deal of leeway in approving entries sent to it by the nations competing. It may object to an entry; then again, it may not. The way the initial rules were written, it seemed the ISU's main concern was not to let top stars "off the hook."

euterpe
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I say Wagner and Zawadzki. Agnes should have been prepared as an alternate for Worlds so give her this shot. Alissa is done with any big assignments outside of GP events where the US will need to fill in a hole or two.

I agree with this. Zawadzki and Nagasu were the Worlds alternates. Zawadzki should be ready, but Nagasu is not since she has been training solo and not doing her programs. If for some reason Agnes can't go (injury), then Zhang should be the next choice.

According to the rules, USFS has to submit their entries by tomorrow, April 5th. Maybe we'll know then who got the nod.

Marco
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
If Czisny somehow got sent, I don't think I would be happy no matter how she skated. If she bombed again, I would be upset since this was well too predictable and that meant someone else didn't get to go. If she rocked it, I would be more upset because it meant she had that performance in her but just couldn't bring it out at Worlds where it mattered.

If selection isn't automatic (by ranking or points etc), I think the smartest choices would be Wagner and Gold. However, if the format is one short program and one long program, then perhaps Zawadzki and Wagner.

love_skate2011
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Caroline Zhnag and Agnes Zawadzki

DORISPULASKI
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Wagner of course.

I'd send Gold, because she can definitely use the ISU ranking points.

nylynnr
04-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd send Gold, because she can definitely use the ISU ranking points.

Does anyone know of a clause in the ISU entry/eligibility rules that precludes entering Gold?

victoriaheidi
04-04-2012, 05:44 PM
In that case, I pick Wagner and Zhang. Caroline deserves more positive international exposure, and I want to see Black Swan again!