PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Fort Worth Tornadoes

kylet3
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Is anyone watching this? I hope if there are any FSUers in the area that they are ok and got to safety!

Watching CNN and seeing heavy semi tractor-trailers flying up in the air like they are toys... :yikes:

The damage looks significant and obviously hoping for the least amount of loss of life as humanly possible, but I'd be highly surprised if at least one person wasn't killed :( Really hope I'm wrong though!

milanessa
04-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Stay safe everyone.

Vash01
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Just saw the CNN website. It looks like a very bad tornado. I lived in that area for 4 years, and loved it. I had just one experience with a tornado there, but this looks much worse, and it's just 5 miles E of downtown Dallas. That's scary. I still know people who live in that area. I hope they are safe.

AragornElessar
04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
My Dear God...:eek:

Stay safe everyone!!

CNN reporting a new tornado forming east of Dallas.

Rob
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
We have offices very near there, and one of my coworkers emailed from her closet to tell my other coworker they wouldn't be getting much done today. Praying for their safety. In addition to the tornado, there is softball sized hail.

Garden Kitty
04-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Stay safe everyone in the area. It sounds very severe and I hope all the FSUers and their family and friends in the area are ok. One of my friends in the area said that a number of the schools were locked down and not releasing kids - plus the site they designated for info is on overload.

ChelleC
04-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Stay safe everyone!

skatesindreams
04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Please be careful, everyone!

nubka
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
I have a sister and two cousins who live right in that area. Thankfully all are safe.

Moto Guzzi
04-04-2012, 01:34 AM
My sister is there helping her son and his wife with their new baby. She said they're ok but my nephew said there was a lot of damage very close to where he works. His workplace, fortunately, didn't get hit. He said they went to an inner room and stayed there until it was safe to come out. My other nephew in the area is ok, too.

BigB08822
04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
I had a friend who was complaining about a "city alarm" going off and I had to quickly tell her it was a tornado siren (on FB)! I don't think anyone was expecting it today. So far I am hearing no fatalities and that would be a miracle.

Cheylana
04-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Hope all are ok!

taf2002
04-04-2012, 02:56 AM
My husband's office had minor damage. He was in the basement so no one was hurt in his building. He said it really does sound like a freight train. There is no covered parking there so his car has a thousand dimples on it but luckily it has all its glass.

4rkidz
04-04-2012, 03:09 AM
I had a friend who was complaining about a "city alarm" going off and I had to quickly tell her it was a tornado siren (on FB)! I don't think anyone was expecting it today. So far I am hearing no fatalities and that would be a miracle.

I guess one of the good things about FB :D

Really
04-04-2012, 03:52 AM
My daughter's former coach is now living in the area, but she's posted on Facebook that she and her family (and their home) are all okay.

Those videos of the semi trailers being blown around were just unreal!