View Full Version : Kevin Reynolds: "Plan B" Worked

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

PeterG
10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
What? What? :sekret:

A third is always welcomed.

overedge
10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Do you mean youtube links, or links to written articles?

No one is going to document in those forms what they've seen.
If you talk to enough people who have spent time at 8 Rinks around that training centre, there's a pretty consistent set of stories that emerge. I see no reason to doubt those just because they aren't in an article or video.

jl22aries
10-07-2012, 02:41 AM
A third is always welcomed.

Get in line SpikeyD, I want in.

LilJen
10-07-2012, 06:01 PM
FREE KEVIN!!!!

spikydurian
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Get in line SpikeyD, I want in.
:shuffle: :shuffle: You first jl22aries. I don't know what I am in for. :D

PeterG
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
:shuffle: :shuffle: You first jl22aries. I don't know what I am in for. :D

Truer words were never spoken. :hat1:

Sylvia
10-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Since this old thread from early April was bumped up with Reynolds' SP video from the Ondrej Nepela Memorial, here are first-hand impressions posted in the Nepela competition thread in Kiss and Cry about his FS:

Kevin Reynolds (CAN)
maybe he decided to go for the grown up look this year, and the image suits him just fine, much better then I would have expected. it's a strong program. there was an unfortunate fall at the end of his step sequence like he lost focus for a moment, and he fell flat on his back and that looked painful.
Poggi's video of Reynolds' 2nd place FS (139.72), 4th overall at Nepela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pDDRu7gTJU
Music is "Concerto no. 4 for Piano and Orchestra" by Andre Mathieu (a French-Canadian composer) and the program was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto.

spikydurian
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks Sylvia.

Frau Muller
10-09-2012, 08:24 PM
The title of this thread makes me laugh. Isn't 'Plan B' a birth control method?

Mevrouw
10-09-2012, 11:25 PM
The title of this thread makes me laugh. Isn't 'Plan B' a birth control method?

Sometimes. But the phrase has been used for many decades earlier to mean one's 'backup plan if the first plan doesn't work'.

Or maybe this time it means the plan for the B events.

ChiquitaBanana
10-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Poggi's video of Reynolds' 2nd place FS (139.72), 4th overall at Nepela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pDDRu7gTJU
Music is "Concerto no. 4 for Piano and Orchestra" by Andre Mathieu (a French-Canadian composer) and the program was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto.

Andre Mathieu also composed the "concerto de Quebec" , used by Takahashi and Tran for their long program last year.

skateboy
10-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree that Kevin is talented and wish him well, but I find it very hard to take him seriously as long as he's got an Old English Sheepdog puppy on his head.

ks777
10-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Kevin really needs to work on his basic skating skills. He is the slowest male skater out there.
Also he needs to work on his landing knee. His quads are not impressive at all because it doesn't get enough height plus he has no flow coming out of them because he doesn't know how to use his knee to land them.

Japanfan
10-15-2012, 04:14 AM
No one is going to document in those forms what they've seen.
If you talk to enough people who have spent time at 8 Rinks around that training centre, there's a pretty consistent set of stories that emerge. I see no reason to doubt those just because they aren't in an article or video.

But there must be at least a few people who like and respect Joanne McLeod? She must have at least a few things going for her, even if she is largely disliked and considered to be lacking in talent.

I also find it interesting that none of her top skaters have left her. Sandhu was a headcase and probably couldn't make a coaching change, even if someone would have taken him.

As to the others, I just find it strange. Skaters leave even well-respected coaches with a excellent track record. How can teams Leung, Ten and Reynolds be completely unaware if McLeod's is stalling her skaters progress?

IIRC someone (overedge?) said that 8 Rinks was embarrassed by McLeod but not willing to lose face by admitting it and that McLeod ran the rink like a tyrant.

True as that may be, Skate Canada has no particular loyalty to McLeod so far as I know. And Skate Canada members are quite capable of recommending a coaching change to a skater, aren't they?

mag
10-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe any Section or National Board member or employee would put themselves in the middle of a coach skater relationship. Decisions about coaching are made by skaters and/or their parents. I have no idea if JM is a tyrant or not. I do know she has been awarded the BC/YT Section coach of the year more times than any other coach. My opinion about Kevin needing a coaching change is based on my observations and my opinion that his development has stalled in the last few years. That can happen even if the coach is fabulous. Sometimes people just need a change and a different voice.