PDA

View Full Version : What does Takahashi need to do?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

DELTA
04-13-2012, 01:27 AM
:lol: you are contradicting yourself. The system should change. Why? Because Chan's winning too much? So the system should change so others could win? Isn't that the same as changing the system so to make sure Chan can't win? :lol:

And what should the changes be? Even with some changes, the disadvantage may not fall to Chan but other skaters, so be careful what you wish for.

There's nothing wrong with my post. Making several big mistakes breaks the flow of the program and therefore should reduce PCS. You should know this.

jettasian
04-13-2012, 04:59 AM
People didn't complain about Takahashi because they were smart enough to realize that the judges didn't call his fall in order to justify their decision not to call Chan's fall at 4CC. If they judges had called Takahashi's fall, they would have been accused for blatant double-standard. They did't call Takahashi's fall not for him, but to save their own asses.

Come on, be real. They don't complain because it's Dai. Only Chan's score will be scrutinized. There's no double-standard from the judges, but from the Dai fans.

Marco
04-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Making several big mistakes breaks the flow of the program and therefore should reduce PCS.

How did you know his PCS was not already reduced?

1. All 5 of Chan's components dropped compared to Worlds 2011, most probably due to the fall.

2. He really only had 1 rather disruptive mistake which affected the flow of the program, and he got right back up (as opposed to the way Asada fell on her waxel in 2008)

3. Compared to 4CCs earlier in the season, the PCS gap between Chan and Takahashi narrowed from 5.3 to 4.36.

Triple Butz
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
How did you know his PCS was not already reduced?

2. He really only had 1 rather disruptive mistake which affected the flow of the program, and he got right back up (as opposed to the way Asada fell on her waxel in 2008)

It may not have been as severe as Asada's but his butt slid on the ice for several seconds and he did one and a half revolutions before getting upright. It was not one of those "bounce right back up" kind of falls, and it happened near the end of the program which leaves a poor impression.

kwanfan1818
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Perhaps the judges are trained enough not to let an error at the end of the program overwhelm their impression and judgement of the entire program.

Triple Butz
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Perhaps the judges are trained enough not to let an error at the end of the program overwhelm their impression and judgement of the entire program.

Perhaps not, but when you couple that with him being so off with the choreography, the whole ending of the program just didn't work.

professordeb
04-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Perhaps not, but when you couple that with him being so off with the choreography, the whole ending of the program just didn't work.

being off with choreography??? HUH!!! He may have been a bit behind but it sure didn't hinder the program like you are saying. Have you even watched the video?

Triple Butz
04-13-2012, 09:50 PM
being off with choreography??? HUH!!! He may have been a bit behind but it sure didn't hinder the program like you are saying. Have you even watched the video?

Of course I watched, and "a bit behind" = off.

jettasian
04-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Guess bitter pill's not working?

aftershocks
04-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Isn't this supposed to be about what "Takahashi needs to do," not what Chan did/ does, or what the judges do/ did.

Aussie Willy
04-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Isn't this supposed to be about what "Takahashi needs to do," not what Chan did/ does, or what the judges do/ did.
Exactly.

Fozzie Bear
04-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Whatever he does to up those scores, I hope he continues to programs and like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAaXdKEArQ&feature=relmfu

Sublime. I hope he sticks with the Wilson, Carmelengo, and Miyamoto trio for choreography next season.

Bournekraatzfan
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Whatever he does to up those scores, I hope he continues to programs and like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAaXdKEArQ&feature=relmfu

Sublime. I hope he sticks with the Wilson, Carmelengo, and Miyamoto trio for choreography next season.

I agree. stunning.

Bournekraatzfan
04-15-2012, 07:08 PM
remember this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1CPnuLfo8

jettasian
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM

Because it's Chan that's on the way. It's the judges giving out wrong marks. It's the system that's NOT working. Dai is perfect. Therefore, the judges need to be changed. The system needs to be changed Things just need to change so Dai can win. :lol: