PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/ Tkachinko what do you think

bruno6
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Just wondering if this could be a reality for next year.
Observations from Detroit ... If there will be a sighting of him
This summer. I think she still trains there.

blue_idealist
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Umm, I thought he wanted to stay with Riazanova?

DimaToe
04-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't know about a Jana/Ilia pairing, could work, but I'd rather he stay with Riazanova. Yeah Katya needs to improve a tad, but I think she can definitely do that, I really like them together :) Oh, and it's Tkachenko.

love_skate2011
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
It will be hard for Jana
to look for a partner, I'd rather have her look for a partner in Detroit

lmarie086
04-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Sorry, but I really hope this doesn't happen. Riazanova/Tkachenko are really starting to grow on me; they (she in particular) have room for improvement, but as a team I think they have so much potential. Hopefully we see a lot of growth from them in the fall, complete with strong programs! :)

And plus, as blue_idealist said, didn't he say he wants to stay with Riazanova anyway? I thought I read something last summer about Khokhlova approaching him for a partnership and he turned her down, saying he wanted to stay where he was.

I do hope Kohklova finds a partner though; I may not have been a huge fan of the K/N team, but she has far too much talent to be on the sidelines.

Proustable
04-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I recall what lmarie mentioned - that Khoklova already approached him, but he wanted to skate with Ekaterina.

They had my favourite FD of the Russian teams, so I'd be sad if they split up.

blue_idealist
04-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Too bad her tryout with Stagniunas didn't work out a couple of years ago, she's much stronger than Isabella Tobias.

I honestly can't think of ANYONE she can pair up with right now. Anyone at or close to her level, that is.

lmarie086
04-02-2012, 03:06 AM
That was around the same time as her tryout with Fedor Andreev, wasn't it? I remember being surprised that she chose him over Stagniunas (though I do kind of like him with Tobias, she's better than Copely IMO)

victoriaheidi
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM
That was around the same time as her tryout with Fedor Andreev, wasn't it? I remember being surprised that she chose him over Stagniunas (though I do kind of like him with Tobias, she's better than Copely IMO)

In theory, I was surprised; however, I feel like she may have been (or, at the very least, felt) pressured.