PDA

View Full Version : Chan makes Canada top figure skating nation

Pages : 1 2 [3]

algonquin
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
This is such bu**sh*t!The poster that you quoted has been on my ignore list for a very long time. Just saying...

mia joy
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm not denying that V/M and Patrick are great skaters, but there is no denying that the two Canadian wins---V/M's win against D/W and Patrick placing first in the long program---are the two results that are being most hotly contested amongst all of the 2012 placements.

I'd also question Patrick's lead after short. Brezina was the best.

query5
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
bbken--
i didn't think canadians would like it.
why- they did complain about 2002 yet-now there own are doing it by complain about scores, and people too high now it is xxxx for canada.

that is why figure skating has to be ABOVE BOARD in all discplines and in EVERY ASPECT of the sport.

IT is judge--people perceive it how they did and it DOES AFFECT MARKETABILITY not only of the sport but of the skater/team as well.

diminishing any aspect of it -the public might assume different -you may not know it until too late.

professordeb
04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
bbken--
i didn't think canadians would like it.
why- they did complain about 2002 yet-now there own are doing it by complain about scores, and people too high now it is xxxx for canada.

that is why figure skating has to be ABOVE BOARD in all discplines and in EVERY ASPECT of the sport.

IT is judge--people perceive it how they did and it DOES AFFECT MARKETABILITY not only of the sport but of the skater/team as well.

diminishing any aspect of it -the public might assume different -you may not know it until too late.
nm...

Louis
04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Skate Canada deserves high accolades for getting on board with Code of Points early and training their skaters and coaches on the system better than anyone else. Every Canadian skater goes out with programs that maximize their scoring potential. It's unfair to say this is "gaming" the system. It's skating according to the rules of the day. Sure, there's a dash of politiks, too, but politiks can take you only so far.

Regardless of whether or not Canada is the strongest figure skating nation (and with two World Champs, I think there's an argument), the success of the Canadian federation should be a shining example to others. Build your skating program around the Code of Points system. Train your skaters and coaches on it. Emphasize in your national judging and in your assignments the success factors for Code of Points. And monitor, monitor, monitor.

People act like it's some sekret recipe, but it's really all about strategy and discipline at the federation level. Right now, no one does it better than Skate Canada.