View Full Version : Plushenko Should Hire Camerlengo - Coach

Pages : [1] 2

Sugar
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Plushenko Should Hire Camerlengo - Coach
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120401/172535330.html

Cherub721
04-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Plushenko hiring a choreographer... I almost thought this was an April Fools. ;)

j/k, think it is a great idea! I know Mishin will "revise" the choreo, but at least some newer music choices will make his skating fresher.

ItalianFan
04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Plushenko hiring a choreographer... I almost thought this was an April Fools. ;)

j/k, think it is a great idea! I know Mishin will "revise" the choreo, but at least some newer music choices will make his skating fresher.

I for one am very favorable to the idea of changing choreographer to manipulate COP to his advantage. A lot of the value of an effective program is strategy not strictly naked ability. Plush has immense skating skill that has not been adequately exploited by certain programs and someone like Camerlengo is what he needs. Even if he has the disadvantage of his age, I am sure that he could increase his points by using a different strategy. Look at the wonderful program Camerlengo did for Dai! Let's just hope that the "newer music choices" are not Blues for Klute....

DimaToe
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Hopefully Plushy listens to :TT1:

skipaway
04-02-2012, 12:07 AM
No, all he needs are his quads. That beats all. ;)

The Accordion
04-02-2012, 12:40 AM
As long as it isn't too difficult on his knees - I would LOVE to see what Camerlango could do with Plush!
I am not Plushenko's biggest fan but I am one of his biggest admirers if that makes sense. What an athlete! I would love to see him do some actual choreography if he is indeed going to come back.

caseyedwards
04-06-2012, 11:19 PM
In a text today to the Free Press, Camerlengo said he will be choreographing both Plushenko's short and long programs. The skater trains in St. Petersburg, Russia with longtime coach Alexei Mishin. Camerlengo will be gone for about 10 days, he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120406/SPORTS17/120406027/Meryl-Davis-Charlie-White-Jeremy-Abbott-Adam-Rippon-highlight-ISU-World-Team-Trophy-roster

Macassar88
04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Yay! I'm so happy to hear this! Also, there were rumors that a Kustarova and Alexeeva team is going to Krylova and Camerlengo. Nice to see them get the recognition they deserve from top skaters.

blancanieves
04-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Nice get for Camerlengo. I'm so excited to check out this collaboration next season!

nubka
04-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Yea!! Only the best for the KING! :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush:

ChelleC
04-07-2012, 03:41 AM
I've thought for years Plushenko needed a new choreographer. Will be very interesting to see Camerlengo's work with him.

BittyBug
04-07-2012, 04:38 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20120406/SPORTS17/120406027/Meryl-Davis-Charlie-White-Jeremy-Abbott-Adam-Rippon-highlight-ISU-World-Team-Trophy-rosterAbsolutely fantastic news! :40beers: I look forward to seeing the results of their collaboration. :plush:

arakwafan2006
04-07-2012, 06:22 AM
great advice from the queen Tarasova... i absolutely love her

eurodance2001
04-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm sure Pasquale will give plushy great material. I just hope it doesnt get watered down into generic crapola by the end of the season which is what many skaters end up doing. Potential masterpieces just never build any further as the season progresses, I hope his knees hold up to the quad pounding and I hope Pasquale challenges plushy with transitions..

arakwafan2006
04-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm sure Pasquale will give plushy great material. I just hope it doesnt get watered down into generic crapola by the end of the season which is what many skaters end up doing. Potential masterpieces just never build any further as the season progresses, I hope his knees hold up to the quad pounding and I hope Pasquale challenges plushy with transitions..

ANYTHING would be better than the Martin music to that boring hand puppet show he puts on... then jump... then more hand puppet show. GACK!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that Pasquale will keep it straight forward, assertive, masculine but still Plushenko-esque. Even if it is watered down, it just CANT be worse than what he's been calling choreography. One thing about Plushenko is that after the quads are completed, he can actually handle difficult entrances into his jumps so i am thinking Pasquale has more to work with in Plushy than we know. I'm excited about the change!!!! way to go Tat!!!:TT1::TT1:

ps: i just love the Tatiana Tarasova character you can select here. LOL.