PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

spikydurian
04-21-2012, 01:06 PM
:lol: Thanks!
Look at this - love this draw
http://cs10615.userapi.com/v10615133/a/UAD5hCgGYPQ.jpg
Love tis draw too! :) Who drew it??

pani
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Love tis draw too! :) Who drew it??

Dont know, but good idea :)

I thought it might have to do with the gala. How do they decide which skaters are in the gala for this comp?
The last time it was best skaters in each discipline

pani
04-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Team Canada with Alyona and Robin
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150944309967039&set=a.10150930593897039.392554.129815677038&type=1&theater

Champions
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150944549172039&set=a.10150930593897039.392554.129815677038&type=1&theater

Scott :))))))))))))))
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150944549117039&set=a.10150930593897039.392554.129815677038&type=1&theater

Team Canada found they are on third place
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150944549427039&set=a.10150930593897039.392554.129815677038&type=1&theater

Macassar88
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Tessa is a sweetheart...you can see it in those little interactions with other skaters, coaches, the flower girls, etc.
and omg, I also think Patrick and Tessa would make a very handsome couple, but they are both dating other people. too bad.

I never would have thought for a second that Patrick Chan was straight...

pani
04-21-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/0316seisato?feature=watch
Videos from WTT

sequins
04-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes when the video went to the knc they were in a group hug and Scott was saying "we love this competition, b/c of you (Meagan and Eric) we love it!" Then Eric himself after he sat down was like "we will like to say we love this competition," and Scott in the background was like "love it!" It was pretty funny I couldn't stop laughing! :lol:

:lol:Good for them. Yay for S/S and for third place despite the horror show of the women's skate. Can we move on now. After the bliss of Worlds I hate that it was all reduced to this one moment. Who really cares.

sequins
04-21-2012, 04:59 PM
One thing I know is I'm happy I'll never have to see Funny Face again. For what it was, they skated it well and interpreted it well but to me they are capable of so much more. I really hope they skate to more audience-friendly music next year and the year after (something D&W do almost every year).

D/W 2011 FD wasn't very 'audience friendly' so I guess they're even in that department. Funny how they both won Worlds with them. Everything else both teams have done have been very well received and I would still argue that FF is very audience friendly, but JMO.

pani
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=de019b60-a1bd-4322-9680-c41507b86d4c
Canada takes bronze at World Team Trophy figure skating event behind Japan, U.S.

``We kind of came in and had some OK skates from some of our top athletes and then it was also nice to see some people with less experience to have great performances,'' said ice dancer Scott Moir of Ilderton, Ont. ``This gave our team a boost and gave us a shot to come after this third place.'

``This is turning into an exciting event. I was here in 2009 and it is a lot different feeling to know it's going to be at the Olympic Games,'' Moir said. ``Hopefully we can catch up and try to challenge the Americans and the Japanese in the Olympics. But we have some work to do in order to be in that league.''

Good job, Scott!

Bue
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
My family has livestock. I think Team Canada is having what we would call "not a very good trip to the fair"--complete with not the placements you want, no enthusiasm, and ill attitudes when you're loading the trailer up to go home.

*pets Team Canada*

:lol:

Oh man, Scott got so unlucky that they caught that on tape! Perhaps he shouldn't have said it at that moment but...

FWIW, I hate this event too, Scott. So much that I haven't watched or paid attention to it until now. Quite frankly, I have skating exhaustion after Worlds. I can't imagine how they feel - I mean, who the heck cares about any of this silliness two weeks after Worlds?? And if the timing is bad, the false cheeriness is even worse. Are they going to expect props and kookiness in the team KnC at Olys? :confused: In the gymnastics team event the teams just compete, they don't have to look like they're having the greatest! Time! EVER!

I would have been the perfect addition to Team Canada. Just not that into it.

zilam98
04-21-2012, 06:53 PM
okay, be honest guys, if v/m won this event, would any of you have expressed hatred/dislike/cheesiness about it at all?

Bue
04-21-2012, 07:09 PM
okay, be honest guys, if v/m won this event, would any of you have expressed hatred/dislike/cheesiness about it at all?

I can say, hand on heart, that if V&M had won I would still think this event was a load of smelly old socks :D Which is why I didn't watch it in the first place and genuinely don't give a hoot that V&M didn't win. Whereas usually I would care about them coming second.

pani
04-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I am not sure what to say. I dont hate this competition for sure.
From one hand - i like this idea, like K&C stuff, like to have more competitions in the season :) But for me its look more, like Pro-M competition before, like Professional WCh, team competitions.
I cant imaging skaters will made all this things in K&C at OG wher wl be a lot off pressure.
From other hand - for commercial competition this marks for some skaters OK, but not for OG. I disagree with Takahashi World record for example.
And if this will be part of OG, maybe skaters must have a chance to skate in team competition before individual event and see, how this could be at OG. And compete in OG format - with 1 competitior at every discipline. But look this will not happen before OG - i dont like this.
But skaters could made good money at WTT and i like this.

iggie
04-21-2012, 07:27 PM

when this was a made in japan event for japanese fans by a japanese television station, only broadcasted in japan and surrounding areas, demanding that all the top skaters come... (it really wasn't a choice if it's anything like the first wtt. back then, if i recall correctly, you could decline it but you couldn't skate in shows for a certain period of time), i didn't think much of it. but when the isu opened up that feed and allowed the world to watch, it gained some legitimacy. still, is it more important than worlds? no. i know they've gotten it into the olympics and i know they gave it isu billing, but it doesn't compare to worlds or even the gpf. it's just a minor event that is tacked on to the end of the season. to me, it's a modern incarnation of a cheesefest. it's weird that it's trying to make figure skating, an individual or duo sport, into a team sport, done by countries and combining all the disciplines... but i think the main good thing about it is that it makes countries care about the state of each of its disciplines

sequins
04-21-2012, 07:33 PM

I don't hate it but it's new and it feels like the old team pro competition. After Worlds the season should be over period. So they just need to combine it with Worlds or find a different way.It feels too laid back to be serious and it's suppore to be serious right? It's an Olympic event now, so I don't know. As far as V/M not winning I really don't care, I want V/M winning Worlds that's what matters to me. D/W deserved this win so good for them, I'm not trying to diminish that. I like the idea but as it stands now there has to be a better way and I stand by my comment that most of the skaters would agree.

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 07:42 PM

I think V&M fully deserved to win worlds, and D&W fully deserved to win the dance portion here. I think both victories are meaningful in their own ways. And I do not think that V&M taking second in the dance portion here in any way tarnishes their gold medal from the World Championships or undermines their status as the best ice dance team in the world as these were two very different competitions with two different sets of performances and different circumstances surrounding preparation and mindset for this event for each team. I agree with others that the skaters were aiming to peak at worlds, and I am glad that happened for Tessa and Scott as that was their main goal this season. A world title is a world title. But I am really proud of both teams and happy that they each have something to celebrate.

I actually ended up loving this competition, when I didn't think I would, just because we got so many memorable performances and also because, like others, I really enjoyed the K&C stuff and would love to see more of that kind of thing. But I do understand why some people aren't crazy about it given the timing and structure of the event.

Lastly, congratulations Japan!:cheer: I love their team and am thrilled they came out on top! I also have to say that the crowd seemed really appreciative and I am happy they were treated to some amazing skating.