PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
04-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I think people are, as usual, taking this out of proportions. He whispered that to himsellf, as an afterthought, just like all of us do. "Gee, I hate this place." or "Man, I don't like my mother's apple pie." or whatever. I am sure most skaters share this sentiment, he was the one unlucky enough to have gotten caught. As for this being an insult to the organizers, I am sure they are aware the timing is inconvenient, still they offer tons of money to the federations to send their skaters. So I very much doubt the organizers are too offended.

Suddenly, Scott Moir is the devil, when worse things have been said. Someone mentioned Joubert; oh, but wait! that is charismatic, attractive, fan-favorite, European Joubert, so when he says that he is cute. I am not defending Scott because he doesn't need defending, he is allowed to think whatever he wants. It was one of those unfortunate situations in which you were caught thinking aloud. Give it a rest.

martyross
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Ya know what, the more I have thought about it today- I hope all the gloves come off between now and Sochi. That would bring attention back to skating. I am sick of skaters being fake... they are real people, and all say comments similar to Scott's behind the scenes.

mmh yea im not sure why this sport is so PC oriented. no one will die for Scott's words. open a newspaper any day, and you will find the real skandalous things. i thought maybe this is an hyper-mediatic era like in politics so saving face is more important than anything else. and there's too much attention on athletes' personalities or private lives while all that should count is what they do on the ice. even here, it may be the influece of social networks. everyone make comments on everyone...worldwide.

Zazy
04-20-2012, 07:21 PM
I hate to say to, but it was a sore loser comment. He obviously didn't get the scores he was hoping for or expecting. He knew he left the door wide open for Davis and White to beat them, and he made a comment like that.

To be fair, I don't think we were meant to hear that comment. He probably thought the camera wouldn't catch it. It's not like he said this in an interview.

After all the talk about how both Chan and V/M didn't deserve their wins, there must have been a lot of pressure on both to win here. I'm surprised both showed up actually, they had everything to lose and nothing to gain by competing here. Maybe they needed the money.

Golightly
04-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I am sorry, but I have only heard that V-M did not deserve their win from very specific people, most of them huge D-W fans. Chan is another case altogether.

Visaliakid
04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Scott Moir heard in Kiss n Cry saying: "Oh my god, I hate this event"

If Japan's media grabs on to Scott's basic giving the bird to the WTT, and doing it right in Japan's face so to speak (kiss n' cry) it could really be bad for Skate Canada and ISU for public relations.

Skate Canada should quietly Fine his Ass the total amount he earns as apart of Canada's monetary renumeration at the conclusion of this competition.

I love that Virtue and Moir are sooooo very talented and usually enjoy their skating without reservation... but I cannot stand his bad attitude and what I perceive to be a phony personna.

martyross
04-20-2012, 07:30 PM
and i agree with you puglover. it kind of hurts to see how much madame Krylova is enthusiast while the real coach is not. or doesnt appear so.

pani
04-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Poor Skate Canada - at first Chan interview about China, his gold at WCh whewn audience didnt like this.
Now Scott words. And all because crazy fans listening every skaters words :)))))))))
I only think Scott must understand before he will go to WTT this will be not big chance to win. And they could save time and health, like V-T did.

Yazmeen
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
To be fair, I don't think we were meant to hear that comment. He probably thought the camera wouldn't catch it. It's not like he said this in an interview.

And Nancy Kerrigan didn't think anyone was listening to her comment about how Oksana Baiul would just cry her makeup off again... She wasn't being interviewed either.

When the cameras are on you, you can be seen and heard. And unfortunately for Scott, he was heard. And it was rude, and unfair to Tessa and his teammates. I don't weigh in on ice dance very often, and I think both V/M and D/W are amazing teams, but his behavior throughout the event was ranged from indifferent and bored to flat-out obnoxious. All the other teams were having fun and being silly and really enjoying themselves while Scott acted as though it was beneath him to be there. I agree with those who say he should at least receive some sort of reprimand by Skate Canada. He was neither "real" or "refreshing." He was rude.

bmcg
04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I hate to say to, but it was a sore loser comment. He obviously didn't get the scores he was hoping for or expecting. He knew he left the door wide open for Davis and White to beat them, and he made a comment like that.

Since you know what he was thinking can you fill us in on what they might skate to next year? What music are they listening to?

And Nancy Kerrigan didn't think anyone was listening to her comment about how Oksana Baiul would just cry her makeup off again... She wasn't being interviewed either.

When the cameras are on you, you can be seen and heard. And unfortunately for Scott, he was heard. And it was rude, and unfair to Tessa and his teammates. I don't weigh in on ice dance very often, and I think both V/M and D/W are amazing teams, but his behavior throughout the event was ranged from indifferent and bored to flat-out obnoxious. All the other teams were having fun and being silly and really enjoying themselves while Scott acted as though it was beneath him to be there. I agree with those who say he should at least receive some sort of reprimand by Skate Canada. He was neither "real" or "refreshing." He was rude.

I thought the reactions to Nancy Kerrigan were needlessly dramatic and over the top. I'm sure she learned a valuable lesson the moment it was heard, just as Scott now has, but the way people crucified her for that was :rolleyes:

euterpe
04-20-2012, 08:03 PM
What made what he said worse was Scott was the Canada team leader. If he hated doing this event so much, he should have declined the leadership role and let someone else do it.

NorthernDancers
04-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Scott Moir heard in Kiss n Cry saying: "Oh my god, I hate this event"

If Japan's media grabs on to Scott's basic giving the bird to the WTT, and doing it right in Japan's face so to speak (kiss n' cry) it could really be bad for Skate Canada and ISU for public relations.

Skate Canada should quietly Fine his Ass the total amount he earns as apart of Canada's monetary renumeration at the conclusion of this competition.

I love that Virtue and Moir are sooooo very talented and usually enjoy their skating without reservation... but I cannot stand his bad attitude and what I perceive to be a phony personna.

Just a little over the top, aren't we?? My goodness. This comment was about the event, not about Japan or his fellow competitors or anything like that. I believe he was voicing quietly to himself what many others feel. It's a complete cheezefest, which means nothing, and burns a lot of energy, time and expense for the skaters. As others have pointed out, it hardly qualifies as a real competition given how it is set up. The skaters, especially those who are in 13 hour time zone differences, are exhausted emotionally and physically, and jet-lagged. After worlds, they should be resting, vacationing and getting ready for the show season. The comment has nothing to do with the venue (Japan). It has everything to do with the poor planning by the ISU. I think this event fits more as a gala as part of Worlds than trying to be a real competition. That's where all athletes can appreciate the fun and have some team spirit while they are still running on the adrenaline of the real competition.

pani
04-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Since you know what he was thinking can you fill us in on what they might skate to next year? What music are they listening to?

I wish to know this too - what we will see in next season :)
Honestly, i dont want to say this, but isnt Scott comments were again about judging? Its not about Japon, skaters ect.

Yazmeen
04-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I thought the reactions to Nancy Kerrigan were needlessly dramatic and over the top. I'm sure she learned a valuable lesson the moment it was heard, just as Scott now has, but the way people crucified her for that was :rolleyes:

I've always been a Nancy fan and I agree with you, and I'm not trying to say Scott should be pilloried or severely punished. I could probably let the remark go as something just said in the heat of the moment if he hadn't acted as though this whole event was a waste of time for him. He came off like a jerk, period.

And as I said in another thread, it's a cheesefest when your favorites don't win, but a worthwhile competition when they do...

bmcg
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I've always been a Nancy fan and I agree with you, and I'm not trying to say Scott should be pilloried or severely punished. I could probably let the remark go as something just said in the heat of the moment if he hadn't acted as though this whole event was a waste of time for him. He came off like a jerk, period.

And as I said in another thread, it's a cheesefest when your favorites don't win, but a worthwhile competition when they do...

Yes. I saw your other posts. "Mr. Snotty Pants" was very impressive.

Shayii
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I have always supported the idea of them staying with Z/S and thought it worked wonderfully up until this year. I'm just not so sure now - I certainly haven't seen or read their coaches defending their win at Worlds anywhere and the only thing I have heard is that possibly?? in Russian Marina practically labeled Tessa a cripple. I just don't get the happy vibe from Tessa and Scott that I used to and although they state they are happy for having had so much time to practice - I just don't see the glow - and they had that even during the tough times with Tessa's injury. I know A. Krylova has publicly stated she loves Scott's dancing and thinks he has something that can't be taught. She stated that in her opinion T/S are the best in the world at the present. I know they already have a lot of teams and are very busy but aren't they coaching in the same vicinity and how hard would it be to locate to them. K/C are obviously very current in their approach and doing great things with their teams. With this last year in their home town and then the Olympics I want them to have coaches that are thrilled to work with Tessa and Scott and talk them up. I have no inside information whatsoever but something seems missing to me.
You know what I feel exactly like you do. I would not have wanted them to leave Canton, but now I kinda do. I feel like a lot of this has to do with people just not liking funny face. I think they should explore different genres and styles. Can I write a letter to Skate Canada to persuade them to work with other choreographers. They need to think outside the box for next season IMO. And yes I'm curious to see what Krylova can do for them, but IDK if they leave Canton wouldn't what happened to B/A happen to them?

I think people are, as usual, taking this out of proportions. He whispered that to himsellf, as an afterthought, just like all of us do. "Gee, I hate this place." or "Man, I don't like my mother's apple pie." or whatever. I am sure most skaters share this sentiment, he was the one unlucky enough to have gotten caught. As for this being an insult to the organizers, I am sure they are aware the timing is inconvenient, still they offer tons of money to the federations to send their skaters. So I very much doubt the organizers are too offended.

Suddenly, Scott Moir is the devil, when worse things have been said. Someone mentioned Joubert; oh, but wait! that is charismatic, attractive, fan-favorite, European Joubert, so when he says that he is cute. I am not defending Scott because he doesn't need defending, he is allowed to think whatever he wants. It was one of those unfortunate situations in which you were caught thinking aloud. Give it a rest.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I have feel like excuses are being made for him. Yes he whispered it, but we still heard what he said and even if the other skaters felt that way they didn't say it aloud. And it is offensive to the organizers though I'm sure he didn't mean the whole event, just that particular moment, but still it came across that way to me. You're also right that there probably is a double standards compared to others, but that doesn't make what those people said right either.