PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Bournekraatzfan
04-20-2012, 05:20 PM
This was best FF.
And why if you are fan of both teams you didnt see stumble in rotation lift, where Meryl didnt have full twine or Charlie stumble in last rotational of the twizzles and they got all +3?
Dont get me wrong, but its werid, when you see some stumble (i didnt see nothing, but i belive you), but didnt see mistake in D-W perfomance.
I disagree with some GOE - for first step sequence, wich is masterpice and highlight of all FD for me and maybe for second one too.
i agree with spin and RolI GOE.
I dont take seriouse this PCS differents, because its not real.

Because I'm doing PR for D&W.

walei
04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think of WTT as a cheesefest but agree that it is very ill timed.

About the PCS, I don't think I will let myself lose too much sleep over it. D/W (and Dai too to a certain extent) are the last skater of the last event. They skated well, and judges would want to shower them with luuuurve.

D/W and V/M should trade PCS marks with D/W slightly ahead in the FD, not the drastic gap we saw instead. I bet things will be back to normal with more explainable marks when next season starts.

pani
04-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Because I'm doing PR for D&W.

:D
But D-W didnt have mistakes? Just asking :)

skatingfan12
04-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I think Scott's comment could be perceived as being disrespectful to the people who organized event, but also to other skaters.

I'm sure Tessa and Scott were exhausted like the other skaters with a long season where they peaked at Worlds. However, I do think it was clear that they weren't into this competition and it seemed they only gave about 90%. Other skaters (i.e White/Davis, Takahashi) knew this isn't the most important competition of the season and were drained by the season, but they still took it seriously, gave it 110%, and left no questions on the ice. Other teams like Italy and France came into this knowing they wouldn't win, but they are having fun with it with enjoying this less formal, more relaxed format and still supported their team.

What really irked me was that Scott is the team captain. Not only did he not show the least bit of team spirit, he's one that's supposed to the supportive and leading the team. He didn't do any favors leading the team. If he feels like that, he should have at least declined the team captain role. It just seems he's bringing the entire team spirit down; this is a team event, after all.

Why show up if you aren't there to give 100%? Weaver/Poje would've great representatives of Canada.

I still love Scott, but I feel like he needs to be called for it, IMO.

Edit: Even using the excuse he was just exhausted, training for an extra two weeks but being rewarded with an all-expenses paid trip to Tokyo and skating in front of a packed house with big prize money coming at the end of it, doesn't seem like hell to me.

pani
04-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Scott is too competitive and even at this competition couldnt just have fun :)
I like Scott is real, thats why i love him. Yes, maybe affected smiles suite to this competition more.
I think it too much pressure in Canton and look, like Scott didnt feel good there. Why not to try change something? Not be so focusing on D-W? Just enjoy skating- thats all :)
Thats i love team France at this competition.

carriemarie
04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
This was best FF.
And why if you are fan of both teams you didnt see stumble in rotation lift, where Meryl didnt have full twine or Charlie stumble in last rotational of the twizzles and they got all +3?
Dont get me wrong, but its werid, when you see some stumble (i didnt see nothing, but i belive you), but didnt see mistake in D-W perfomance.
I disagree with some GOE - for first step sequence, wich is masterpice and highlight of all FD for me and maybe for second one too.
i agree with spin and RolI GOE.
I dont take seriouse this PCS differents, because its not real.

I didn't see a stumble anywhere from Charlie in that performance....

pani
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I didn't see a stumble anywhere from Charlie in that performance....

At the end of the twizzles?

elle123
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rUHR9UfEgUI it's right at the end if you haven't seen it yet.

Wow, I'm quite shocked to hear Scott say that. I don't think he should've said it (even if he thought it) - I am a bit curious as to what he meant in particular. Whether he meant THAT particular event or just that event in general. I know they had to be talked into going by Marina. . .

pingu
04-20-2012, 06:33 PM
The ones that were there. Just because they put on a good front for the camera and choose to have fun because they're there anyway doesn't mean in their head they don't think this is ill-timed and would rather be starting their vacation.:P

But they don't say that in front of a camera during a competition broadcasted worldwide ;)

lavenderblue
04-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Wow, I'm quite shocked to hear Scott say that. I don't think he should've said it (even if he thought it) - I am a bit curious as to what he meant in particular. Whether he meant THAT particular event or just that event in general. I know they had to be talked into going by Marina. . .

They were? I know they said that about the Olympic team event, but I didn't see a similar statement regarding WTT.

skatingfan12
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
I hate to say to, but it was a sore loser comment. He obviously didn't get the scores he was hoping for or expecting. He knew he left the door wide open for Davis and White to beat them, and he made a comment like that.

ddtpdx
04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
At the end of the twizzles?

Pani, you don't have to end your response with a '?' when you are certain it happened :)

Charlie clearly lost his balance at the end of the 2nd set of twizzles (similar to Tessa's loss of balance in the S'wonderful section).

HSGP21
04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Ya know what, the more I have thought about it today- I hope all the gloves come off between now and Sochi. That would bring attention back to skating. I am sick of skaters being fake... they are real people, and all say comments similar to Scott's behind the scenes.

puglover
04-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I have always supported the idea of them staying with Z/S and thought it worked wonderfully up until this year. I'm just not so sure now - I certainly haven't seen or read their coaches defending their win at Worlds anywhere and the only thing I have heard is that possibly?? in Russian Marina practically labeled Tessa a cripple. I just don't get the happy vibe from Tessa and Scott that I used to and although they state they are happy for having had so much time to practice - I just don't see the glow - and they had that even during the tough times with Tessa's injury. I know A. Krylova has publicly stated she loves Scott's dancing and thinks he has something that can't be taught. She stated that in her opinion T/S are the best in the world at the present. I know they already have a lot of teams and are very busy but aren't they coaching in the same vicinity and how hard would it be to locate to them. K/C are obviously very current in their approach and doing great things with their teams. With this last year in their home town and then the Olympics I want them to have coaches that are thrilled to work with Tessa and Scott and talk them up. I have no inside information whatsoever but something seems missing to me.

pani
04-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Maybe Scott made this comment for new movie, they will made about FS :lol:
FS (especially ice dance) is nothing without drama :D

puglover - i only feel Scott couldnt work with this pressure well this season, so they need change something, re-focusing just on skating. I dont know what they need to change, but i see shine in Tessa, but not in Scott this season.
But i am sure, jis familym friends, Tessa will help him to ejoy skating again.