PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

twinktwink
04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
being pc is overrated...given the option of being stranded on an island with someone who is always pc and someone like Scott, i'd pick the latter any day:lol:

I'm totally with you there! Can't argue with someone that won't say anything out of line :lol:

I guess because I've watched many, many different sports for a lot of years now I've seen all different types of behaviour from all kinds of athletes and heard and read a lot of quotes from them and well he's not the only one out there that doesn't say the perfect thing and he's by no means the worst offender either. I mean in Formula One for instance that wouldn't even make someone blink :lol:

Then think about the crap that footballers say all the time. So much trash talk goes on in other sports completely out in the open and no one says anything about it.

Shayii
04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
New thread title suggestion : Virtue/Moir #17: Oh we really hate FSU or something like that :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry couldn't help myself :lol:
I understand that, I hope it doesn't appear that I'm overreacting. I just thought it was disrespectful to the people that organized "this event," you know? It's not their fault the judges robbed them of good scores (I do think they were underscored). How are the Japanese people that organized it gonna feel when they hear that comment even if it was said in a light tone. I'm just disappointed right now.

But going back to the scores I do need to say a BIG WTF?! What happened there? I mean how can there be a big discrepancy like that with what they scored at worlds and here? :confused:

twinktwink
04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I understand that, I hope it doesn't appear that I'm overreacting. I just thought it was disrespectful to the people that organized "this event," you know? It's not their fault the judges robbed them of good scores (I do think they were underscored). How are the Japanese people that organized it gonna feel when they hear that comment even if it was said in a light tone. I'm just disappointed right now.

Totally understand.

twinktwink
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
My feeling with the scores is that yes they may have left points on the ice but I get this feeling that a TINY bit of a backlash from Worlds was involved, I find it too much of a coincidence that its such a major reversal for them and Patrick. Who knows these days? Ok now I have to go because I have a hair appointment to get going to. :)

walei
04-20-2012, 10:19 AM

But going back to the scores I do need to say a BIG WTF?! What happened there? I mean how can there be a big discrepancy like that with what they scored at worlds and here? :confused:

Well maybe we have rose tinted glasses on? I thought they rocked it, just as good as World's if not better but their PCS and GOE were way down. People in the pbp thread that are D/W fans or even neutral camp thought Tessa and Scott winged it... so I dunno...

After winning everything (OC, WC) maybe a competition like this can spark some little motivations to continue, a blessing in disguise? They are still the reigning World Champs but soundly lost here. Which can be good for them in constructing a better program next year base on the feedback.

As for Scott's comment, I wish he didn't say that on camera but won't lose to much sleep over it. New thread title: V/M#17, Hating to Skate in a Piss Off Event :EVILLE:

Golightly
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
If D-W had had a better base value than V-M at Worlds, I would have completely understood their fans' reaction when they lost.

No one seems to care much for this event, but when Scott says what is on everyone's mind, he'll get accused of being a sore loser. But, you know, the way he said it, it was more of a deadpan delivery than anything else.

m_chenning
04-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh...I like Scott anyway :). They need good rest after such season first of all. And it's clear without a word, that they need changes: choreo, style, and yes, if Marina doesn't see problems- should have new coaches. I don't see any sign that we will see something in Marina's new dances, something that such talented skaters deserve. For me, Tessa's and Scott's lines, their perfect posture feeling, musicality, skating skills are almost perfection. And it's sad for me to read "boring" in ISU channel chat during their performance. I wish them programme which could speak loud for them- WE ARE THE BEST- no doubt. And they are best, by the way. We are so lucky to see on the ice such gorgeous skaters! :)

aka_gerbil
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
No one seems to care much for this event, but when Scott says what is on everyone's mind, he'll get accused of being a sore loser. But, you know, the way he said it, it was more of a deadpan delivery than anything else.

If Scott Moir were European (at least of yesteryear), then people would be applauding and lol'ing at the return of drama to ice dance (something that a lot of people seem to lament these days is that it's not as dramatic as the past). Because he's from North America though, it's the most terrible thing anyone as ever said...

Oh...I like Scott anyway :). They need good rest after such season first of all. And it's clear without a word, that they need changes: choreo, style, and yes, if Marina doesn't see problems- should have new coaches. I don't see any sign that we will see something in Marina's new dances, something that such talented skaters deserve. For me, Tessa's and Scott's lines, their perfect posture feeling, musicality, skating skills are almost perfection. And it's sad for me to read "boring" in ISU channel chat during their performance. I wish them programme which could speak loud for them- WE ARE THE BEST- no doubt. And they are best, by the way. We are so lucky to see on the ice such gorgeous skaters! :)

This. A thousand times over, this.

Bournekraatzfan
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed the event! Even though it wasn't their best performance, I still enjoyed seeing Funny Face again. I just love that program to pieces and am sad to see it go.

I know the PCS is surprising, but I did notice that Tessa had a stumble/loss of balance in the S'Wonderful section. This, I imagine, resulted in a mandatory deduction of 0.5 in the category of Skating Skills, and likely affected their Linking Footwork/Movement mark as well.

Bournekraatzfan
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
del

aka_gerbil
04-20-2012, 11:14 AM
FWIW, it did sound like he was whispering (or trying to) and may not of meant for anyone to have overheard that.

Golightly
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, he was more like talking to himself. Are we even sure he said: "Oh god, I hate this event." It sounds like he did, but he whispered it, so I cannot be sure. He whispered something to Tessa, too, and she clapped his knee as in support. Meagan Duhamel is AWESOME.

Bournekraatzfan
04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
del

HSGP21
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Whatever he said (dummy!), whatever the scores (low!), Team Canada needs to be having more fun in the Kiss and Cry!

aka_gerbil
04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
My family has livestock. I think Team Canada is having what we would call "not a very good trip to the fair"--complete with not the placements you want, no enthusiasm, and ill attitudes when you're loading the trailer up to go home.

*pets Team Canada*