PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

jl22aries
04-19-2012, 09:56 AM
just watched the SDs and looked over the protocols.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2012/wtt2012_IceDance_SD_D_Scores.pdf

I'm no expert, but here's my guess as to where/why the levels were lost:

-Sequential Twizzles: watch Tessa's feet during the second set of twizzles, the back outside ones. She stops traveling across the ice during part of the rotation so this counted as a pirouette rather than a twizzle and they did not receive credit for the four rotations required to be assessed a level 4

-Rhumba Sequences: Again, it was that pesky step #12, the lady's closed choctaw performed on the right back outside edge with the free foot crossed behind. Watch when Tessa steps down on the RBO. She didn't get credit for the correct edge and thus the element was assessed a level 3.

None of these things detracted from my enjoyment of the program. just loved it!

You're one of my favourite posters, and this post is one of the reasons why.

pani
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I know this, but my problem - i couldnt see how White and Moir could have the same (in this case White have higher) marks for interpretation and choreograhfy :)

OK, i must be happy things wasnt the same in Nice :)
Now i have not good feeling and not sure- need i go to GPF or no.... I was so happy they still compete- why they need this WTT?

HSGP21
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I am sad about the scores, but give them such credit for going at all. If I had just won worlds, I would be afraid of tarnishing it and would have pulled out- especially with the likes of Weaver and Poje unable to go because it is one team per country.

I am happy they are there, and am loving watching all the skaters interact. There is such a warmth between them, and as always- such a warmth between Tessa and Scott who are constantly chatting with each other :) Team Canada has to step up their Canada apparel, however!

Rafter
04-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Honestly, when i saw D-W at first practice in Nice and after it they look, like they were sure - they will win. And V-M look like - we want you like our programs, please.
Now i am sure - V-M dont need to go to WTT. They could send W-P - they need such prmotion.
And Shehotsova is a jufge in men competition - go Alla!

I thought I read somewhere that the Russian commentator during worlds , maybe Zhulin, said that Virtue and Moir "won" all the practices in Nice and that probably contributed to their winning the world title.

It's interesting that the ISU is deciding the V/M vs D/W battle on the callers.

martyross
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
why they need this WTT?

---> :bribe: <---

btw by september everyone will have forgotten this competition.

aka_gerbil
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
*sigh*

At this point, I just hope they win the FD, even if just by something like 0.01, so at least FF can stay undefeated.

bmcg
04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
*sigh*

At this point, I just hope they win the FD, even if just by something like 0.01, so at least FF can stay undefeated.

My gut feeling all along was D&W would win the FD here. After the Worlds backlash I think both V&M and Chan needed to skate their best ever here. That they had the same PCS in the SD (even those who spoke out against Worlds FD result agree V&M have the better SD) doesn't look promising. Different panels see things differently and this panel seems more like the GPF panel.

Emdee
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I think FF will be undefeated.
Likely also that M&C want it too much.

Pani dont be discouraged - next year is a new year.
You are correct - suddenly next year it will come out from Alla and Tat that D&W are only technicians and dont have the artistic capabilities for the dance.

T&S may not like the Polka but we all know they are going to rock it.

Let us just enjoy them going forward.

Golightly
04-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Some of you sound so... defeatist. They just won Worlds, fair and square. I am tired of this talk about them having to prove each win in the next competition. Even some of you guys went on and on how a win at Worlds would validate their win at 4CC, same here. This is silly. Also, I do not question the scores, but thought they would hit about 70-71. Still, D-W hit one rhumba pattern. so there was the difference and, yeah, the twizzles, but whatever. It's the pattern what decided it.

I hope they have fun tomorrow skating FF for the last time. Also, you have to understand that the way they approach the season, the intensity of training cannot be the same for this one. So, here's hoping they just go out there and have some fun.

walei
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Some of you sound so... defeatist. They just won Worlds, fair and square. I am tired of this talk about them having to prove each win in the next competition. Even some of you guys went on and on how a win at Worlds would validate their win at 4CC, same here. This is silly. Also, I do not question the scores, but thought they would hit about 70-71. Still, D-W hit one rhumba pattern. so there was the difference and, yeah, the twizzles, but whatever. It's the pattern what decided it.

I hope they have fun tomorrow skating FF for the last time. Also, you have to understand that the way they approach the season, the intensity of training cannot be the same for this one. So, here's hoping they just go out there and have some fun.

:respec::respec::respec:

It's always not great when we don't see our uber win, but it's also very nonconstructive to directly blame politics, coaching favoritism, judging panel, especially after the great analysis by BourneKraatzFan that showed why they lost on the levels.

Let's just enjoy the final performance of the magnificent Funny Face tomorrow, and support our favorite team in the twilight of their career with positive support!

pani
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I am happy i will not watch FD tomorrow, because i need to work :D
Honestly, i didnt want to watch ISU vision of ice dance. They have ideal ice dancers - D-W and all must work in this direction. I dont want to watch this.
Why in singles Costner and Chan with mistakes could have best score, even season best score, when V-M soon will have Capeliini-Lanotte score?
I hope V-M will not think the problem is in judging, problem is in coaching and choreo. Zueva dont want to see V-M at first place - thats all. After what she said at WCh....
And i cant understand, why team France could be so relaxed and team Canada all time need to prove something? With such a poor skaters in ladies singles Canada didnt have chance to take high place, so i cant see reason, why V-M must compete at WTT.
Amd one more thought. This will be interesting - at OG team competition will be first. So ice dacners will see judging reaction on them at team competition and what they need to do then? Withdraw? :lol:

Pani dont be discouraged - next year is a new year.
Dont care. Now i will wait they show there programs, and will they compete ect., only after that i start planing my trip.
As for Alla and TAT - they will start see all D-W only when V-M will be out of the podium and russians could compete with USA team.

Golightly
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Pani, that's so beginning of the season, I'm sorry. They won two major competitions using that very same choreo, so your argument does not make sense. You never liked FF, but when they won Worlds, you said you always knew it had potential, riiight. I respect most ubers, but the condescending way you treat this team, one of the best ever, borders on the ridiculous and it annoys me. Those points they lost, they left on the ice, I saw them. Oh, and before you say it, I will say it for you: since I found no fault in the scores, it must surely mean that I think Davis and White are the best team ever and that Marina Zueva is working a secret agenda to see them crowned at Olympic champs and, guess what? This agenda starts right here, right now at the World Team Trophy, an event with such history and tradition.

Anyway, glad to see the PCS is where it should be.

sap5
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
And i cant understand, why team France could be so relaxed and team Canada all time need to prove something?

Probably because Team Canada has "fans" like you.

sequins
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM

:respec: from me as well and you are so right they have nothing to prove to anyone. It's WTT for goodness sakes, who cares? Next season they will be 'Defending World Champs' & WTT will be long gone and forgotten. I will say their facial expressions after the marks were none too pleased but oh well. FF is still to come and I just hope they have fun. Marks aside I thought they performed the SD really well.

Oh pani just when I think you've turned a corner...I just can not buy this theory that Z/S don't care about them. It's nonesense, and even if it was true I guess their 'BIG PLAN' isn't really working all that well is it?

pani
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Probably because Team Canada has "fans" like you.

Sorry, next time i will say how i am happy with V-M lose and that they must be under C-L, because C-L really have best latin dance choreo of the season. Hope this made you happy :D

Golightly, yes, i really think V-M much better, then D-W. But i must say they are not better, than other couples to made FSU happy? :D
OK -tomoorow i will post in V-M how bad they are :lol: