PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Maybe not as dramatic as "retire", but yeah, it kind of feels like a backlash... Are the protocols up? I'm curious about that tech score.

No, we couldnt watch protocols yet.
After Shehovtsova, TAT and Zueva-Shpilband interviews i thought - V-M will be close with P-B next season and Russian team will pass them at OG. Its all politiks and this game look bad.
How Scott could have lower interpretation marks, then Charlie?
Zueva look so happy with team USA :D

IoanaC
04-19-2012, 08:20 AM
No, we couldnt watch protocols yet.
After Shehovtsova, TAT and Zueva-Shpilband interviews i thought - V-M will be close with P-B next season and Russian team will pass them at OG. Its all politiks and this game look bad.
How Scott could have lower interpretation marks, then Charlie?
Zueva look so happy with team USA :D

Protocols are up. T&S lost a level on the twizzle. And two level 3 rhumba patterns. Meryl and Charlie got a level 4 pattern.

Anyone noticed what happened with the twizzles?

twinktwink
Haven't watched live, but people on the pbp thread said T&S were "foot perfect". So... We must be missing something here.:)

That's what I thought while watching it, they didn't seem to make any mistakes, the only thing I saw was towards the end of the step sequence Scott may have got a TINY bit off balance on a turn but it was TINY.

Pani I agree Scott did look HOT :D I thought the more relaxed tone to the performance brought out the sexiness more.

Shayii
Ok guys late to the discussion, but I liked this performance better than at worlds maybe it's I was less nervous though. I was surprised at the 69 and so were they, even Tessa couldn't mask her emotions like she usually does. Well it's ok let's see what happens in the FD tomorrow. Nite everyone!

puglover
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
I usually don't comment on Davis and White but I honestly don't think Charlie looks the least tiny bit latin, sexy, excited by the beautiful woman in his arms, or even comfortable with the moves. I just don't get it. I thought their patterns looked smaller and I liked the Russians, Italians and French way better. I wish PJ could help us understand these weird results.

pani
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Protocols are up. Its funny - T-S with there perfect skating never have level 4 for pattern dance. What will judges give them in Yankee Polka :)
Tw leve 3.
Davis have level 4 for pattern - amazing. Tessa, stop be perfect, levels is more important.

IoanaC
04-19-2012, 08:22 AM
That's what I thought while watching it, they didn't seem to make any mistakes, the only thing I saw was towards the end of the step sequence Scott may have got a TINY bit off balance on a turn but it was TINY.

They actually scored higher that D/W for the step sequence. The twizzles were the problem. Maybe one of them didn't catch the blade in time?:confused:

Tessa, stop be perfect, levels is more important.

Haha, that's so sad and so true...

pani
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Tessa had problems and maybe they didnt count her all rotations on one twizzle.

jl22aries
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I usually don't comment on other teams either, but man, I don't get this one guys. They had such gorgeously big patterns, and perfect line, and every movement had intent. Like Allezfred said, foot perfect.

pani
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe now we need to send letter to ISU? :)

walei
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
On the slow motion it looked like their first set of twizzles were out of sync by a little. D/W also weren't in sync so I don't get the high GOEs.

twinktwink
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
UGH! Twizzles do my head in, seriously if its not going to be about the perfection of syncro then what's the point in scoring them? With the twizzles all I saw was Scott get ahead of Tessa on their position on the ice but the syncro was spot on.

I don't like to think that the win is locked down for D/W just because its the only part of the competition that USA has a real chance of winning but I will admit that the thought entered my mind. D/W didn't skate badly but I didn't think they were that much better, still looked messy in places but the levels are what count in the end.

ETA: :lol: Just seen your post walei, I stand corrected :lol:

Shayii
04-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Ok I lied I'm back to write more. When I was watching the live feed something did seem off in their twizzles. But it happened so fast, I thought I was imagining things. Did anybody else notice anything off. And yes Scott looked good (love his hair like this), he was on!! Tessa looked good too!

ETA: Ok nvm just getting caught up on posts, I'm not the only one that noticed this.

pani
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Honestly, when i saw D-W at first practice in Nice and after it they look, like they were sure - they will win. And V-M look like - we want you like our programs, please.
Now i am sure - V-M dont need to go to WTT. They could send W-P - they need such prmotion.
And Shehotsova is a jufge in men competition - go Alla!

ddtpdx
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Ok I lied I'm back to write more. When I was watching the live feed something did seem off in their twizzles. But it happened so fast, I thought I was imagining things. Did anybody else notice anything off. And yes Scott looked good (love his hair like this), he was on!! Tessa looked good too!

ETA: Ok nvm just getting caught up on posts, I'm not the only one that noticed this.

you can go back and watch it as many times as you want on the ISU site...just move the cursor back to where T&S were dancing.

the only thing i can really pick up on is the second twizzle that Tessa did...she didn't cover much ice on that - not sure if that was what cost them the level?

don't get me started on the levels for the rhumba, i personally think the judges have been making things up as they've gone along all season (and this is not for just T&S but for everyone, including M&C) without even knowing what they are looking for...