PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Shayii
04-19-2012, 01:13 AM
I would love that. still waiting for the black dress debut :P
It's funny to read different opinions even on dresses because that black dress she used in practice is the most ugly dress I've seen Tessa wear. I'm not sure where I stand on the new ex one yet.

The victory of Tessa and Scott at the Worlds in Nice made it to the news in Portugal! That is quite surprising considering that Portugal has zero tradition in figure skating.
Here's the link to the DN article. (DN is one of the most read newspapers in Portugal):
http://www.dn.pt/desporto/outrasmodalidades/interior.aspx?content_id=2392423

I found the link on this figure skating blog: http://www.magiageladapatinagememportugues.blogspot.pt/
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing! Were other skaters covered or just them?

Is anybody planning on watching this event? I did time conversion and it's gonna be 11:15 pm Wednesday night here in California when it airs. Considering that I don't usually sleep until 2 am anyways I'll most likely watch it. I gave my friend the link for the feed to watch with me, but I don't think she will (and if she does she'll be rooting for M/C lol). Anyways I'm not nervous at all, but I hope they skate really well to prove that their worlds win wasn't some kind of a fluke.

Practice pics (http://photography.ice-dance.com/2011-12/2012WTT/Dance/Pract18/)

sequins
04-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Okay so how about 'Virtue/Moir-Even The Portuguese Care':lol: Just joking BTW.
Yay Stephane! Love you too buddy.:D

Shayii
04-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Okay so how about 'Virtue/Moir-Even The Portuguese Care':lol: Just joking BTW.
Yay Stephane! Love you too buddy.:D

Lol I found that very funny :lol:.

jl22aries
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Lol I found that very funny :lol:.

Me too. I did, literally, laugh out loud.

And yes, Emdee, we DO have fun here!

Well I'll be staying up tonight. I'm on Pacific time as well, and like Shayii go to bed super late. Hope to read some of you here!

Shayii
04-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Me too. I did, literally, laugh out loud.

And yes, Emdee, we DO have fun here!

Well I'll be staying up tonight. I'm on Pacific time as well, and like Shayii go to bed super late. Hope to read some of you here!

Yay I wouldn't be the only one (besides my friend cheering for M/C).

DaiKozOda
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=Shayii;3549222]

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing! Were other skaters covered or just them?
[QUOTE]

As far as I know, in the print version it was all about Tessa and Scott recapturing their world title and being the current olympic champions. In the website they just made a small mention to all the medalists in ice-dance.

iggie
04-19-2012, 01:52 AM
i'm in toronto. this morning, i was listening to breakfast television, which a morning talk show that everyone goes to in order to promote their events, and kurt was on to promote csoi.

- all the skaters will be going to halifax for training this weekend. joannie and kurt know the routines already and they are coming from the american version of soi
- the group routines are challenging. they're not going to be bird skates, where you can fly right through (sister act reference, my part). he wants them to feel a little nervous that they'll do it right
- jeff choreographed the upper body movements and kurt did everything below the waist.
- kurt has no control over individual routines but he can almost veto routines that have nothing to do with the theme
- tessa and scott were mentioned and their ballet/hip hop routine was shown for a bit

Emdee
04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I am on holiday next week and then the week I am back it will be CSOI.
Looking forward to seeing T&S very very much. Also shaking their hands as they come around and shake hands with those on ice. Cannot wait.Two great weeks ahead of me.

Icing would be if T&S win WTT.

Macassar88
04-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Wow... Virtue and Moir got shafted. Under 70 points for the Short. I'm guessing it was something with the Rhumba. I thought that, although they didn't skate their best, they still should have gotten in the 70's or 71's.

twinktwink
04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Wow... Virtue and Moir got shafted. Under 70 points for the Short. I'm guessing it was something with the Rhumba. I thought that, although they didn't skate their best, they still should have gotten in the 70's or 71's.

Yeah I was kind of thinking that. D/W have quite the lead which I think is surprising. I thought V/M held back a little on the performance side of things, much the same as everyone else did. D/W did lose syncro on the twizzles slightly I thought, Charlie looked just ahead but maybe it was just me. I thought D/W would get the lead but not by as much as that.

pani
04-19-2012, 08:13 AM
I feel sad, but all knew this will happened. Scott look so hot :D
I could all understand, but not 69/ Look, like a lot off people wish V-M will retier. They could lose P-B if Fab didnt have mistake on twizzles.

IoanaC
04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I feel sad, but all knew this will happened. Scott look so hot :D
I could all understand, but not 69/ Look, like a lot off people wish V-M will retier. They could lose P-B if Fab didnt have mistake on twizzles.

Maybe not as dramatic as "retire", but yeah, it kind of feels like a backlash... Are the protocols up? I'm curious about that tech score.

twinktwink
04-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I haven't seen the breakdown on scores just yet but it seems that D/W must have hit all their levels. On Goldenskate they say D/W won on TES.

IoanaC
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
I haven't seen the breakdown on scores just yet but it seems that D/W must have hit all their levels. On Goldenskate they saw D/W won on TES.

Haven't watched live, but people on the pbp thread said T&S were "foot perfect". So... We must be missing something here.:)

jl22aries
04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Must have been the levels. I thought they skated FAB. Scott is rockin the tan, I want him.