PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sap5
04-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Honestly no. And maybe you saw all photos in internet.
Like Zueva said about T-S book - its good photo album :D

Where did she say this?

pani
04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Where did she say this?

In interview after WCh in Moscow. We had scan from this article with Tessa-Scott-Scott mom and aunt photo.

aka_gerbil
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I found the book second-hand a few months ago. It reads more like an extended article than a book, IMO, but it's an interesting read with bits of information that I haven't seen elsewhere. I will say I think Marina's comment on it being a good photo album is spot-on.

I'd someday love to read something from them with a little more depth though.

clarie
04-14-2012, 01:36 AM
It's a beautiful book....I have it out on a coffee table

elle123
04-14-2012, 02:25 AM
I haven't had a chance to finish the book but one of the main focuses was the magnitude of Tessa's injury and how it affected their journey. Also, they chronicled their time at the Olympics, which was really interesting and it has really great photos that all fans will enjoy, too.

martyross
04-14-2012, 02:34 AM
There are some interesting passes about how they felt pressured to be together off the ice especially at the start of the Olympic season. And in the final pages they talk about their commitment to blend art and technique in ice dance. It seems a very important task for them.

Golightly
04-14-2012, 03:21 AM
There are some interesting passes about how they felt pressured to be together off the ice especially at the start of the Olympic season. And in the final pages they talk about their commitment to blend art and technique in ice dance. It seems a very important task for them.

Yeah, that was when they had their fall-out or something. Before reading the book, I didn't really... I don't want to say I disregarded it exactly, I think I just didn't consider this fall-out to be such a big deal. I just saw it like something normal, friends fight all the time and some work out their issues, others don't and fortunately they did. But after reading the book, I kind of understand now that that was monumental. They are two very, very, very close people. Have you guys watched Lost? I am going to use a little metaphor here: they seem to be each other's constant. This has nothing to do with romance (which there isn't, we know that), it goes beyond that. They are connected. When you think of all the things that happened for this partnership to happen, the way things progressed, so naturally, so on their own way. It's just absolutely remarkable. So losing that connection, I assume, not only made their job that much difficult, but also much more painful. For them, skating seems to be more personal. Something like: "I skate because we skate together."

iggie
04-14-2012, 03:36 AM
i haven't read the book either

zilam98
04-14-2012, 03:37 AM
Wouldn't it be a dream if they continued in the sport after competitive retirement? Scott the coach. Tessa the choreographer. Dreamy picture.

2nd generation shpilband-zueva? ;)

Shayii
04-14-2012, 04:50 AM
I hope, they will compete in LA one day. Maybe 4CC?
I would be so freaking happy, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, that was when they had their fall-out or something. Before reading the book, I didn't really... I don't want to say I disregarded it exactly, I think I just didn't consider this fall-out to be such a big deal. I just saw it like something normal, friends fight all the time and some work out their issues, others don't and fortunately they did. But after reading the book, I kind of understand now that that was monumental. They are two very, very, very close people. Have you guys watched Lost? I am going to use a little metaphor here: they seem to be each other's constant. This has nothing to do with romance (which there isn't, we know that), it goes beyond that. They are connected. When you think of all the things that happened for this partnership to happen, the way things progressed, so naturally, so on their own way. It's just absolutely remarkable. So losing that connection, I assume, not only made their job that much difficult, but also much more painful. For them, skating seems to be more personal. Something like: "I skate because we skate together."
Love this post! You seem to have a way with words and that last sentence I think is synonymous with who they are as skaters...beautiful!

I've read their book (it's sitting on my dresser as we speak). There are some great insightful things in there, but I think I enjoyed the pictures more tbh.

pani
04-14-2012, 08:41 AM
For them, skating seems to be more personal. Something like: "I skate because we skate together."

I have this impression too. Like they didnt feel comfortable, when they skate with another people. Especially Scott.

pani
04-14-2012, 08:42 AM

I think Wing-Lowe are on the way to be next Z-Sh ;)

Bournekraatzfan
04-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I think Wing-Lowe are on the way to be next Z-Sh ;)

I always enjoyed W&L's skating a lot, and am happy they moved on to a successful coaching career. Those two knew how to dance:)

They trained under Shpilband and Coates and later Zueva in the later part of their competitive career.

Bournekraatzfan
04-14-2012, 10:15 AM

imagine that;)

Tessa has already done some choreographic work for Fedor Andreev (2007/2008 season)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080111&content_id=40400&vkey=ice_news

pani
04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
They trained under Shpilband and Coates and later Zueva in the later part of their competitive career.

I know this. Thats why i said they could be next Z-Sh :D