PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I saw them at 3 WCh ;) At 2010 WCh in Torino i thought: "This is my first and the last WCh ever, i must enjoy every moment of skating".

i was in torino too. but,even more seeing them skating, i would like to meet them in person..:(

pani
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
i was in torino too. but,even more seeing them skating, i would like to meet them in person..:(

You didnt met them in Torino? Hope you will met them one day ;) They are very warm and kind with there fans.

sap5
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Off-topic: I came across this old article about Gordeeva & Grinkov: http://www.gordeeva.com/media/english/1987_soviet_life.shtml

Who’s the boss of the duet?
"Katia," smiles Sergei. "She’s a born figure skater. She’s so calm and collected, and she’s got exquisite taste."

And what does Katia think of her partner?
"He has a good sense of humor and loves to laugh, so he’s easy to be around."

pani
04-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks! :) So do you think V-M made PR using G-G model and even there words? Really interesting to know :)

twinktwink
04-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Off-topic: I came across this old article about Gordeeva & Grinkov: http://www.gordeeva.com/media/english/1987_soviet_life.shtml

Wow its so weird that you've brought this up because a couple of days ago I got a copy of 'My Sergei' and started reading it today and right in the prologue I think Katia says how she's never scared during lifts because she trusts Sergei completely and it made me think about what Tessa said about Scott recently.

I'm so glad I finally got this book though, its a fascinating read and I've only just got passed the 1988 Olympics.

sap5
04-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks! :) So do you think V-M made PR using G-G model and even there words? Really interesting to know :)

I didn't say that. Is that what you think, pani?

IoanaC
04-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Pani, I swear you have the craziest ideas. I don't even know if you're serious or joking...:confused:

flowerpower
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
So do you think V-M made PR using G-G model and even there words? Really interesting to know :)

No, of course not. :lol:

Tessa is her mother's daughter (high-achieving, composed, elegant) and Scott is like the rest of his family (active, hard-working and fun-loving). PR has nothing to do with it.

It's quite a coincidence that are some parallels to Katia and Sergei - but I guess some of the best partnerships are formed by people of different but complementary personalities.

sap5
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm so glad I finally got this book though, its a fascinating read and I've only just got passed the 1988 Olympics.

It's a good book. It gives some great insight to the way Marina develops programs.

Golightly
04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Speaking of books, I recently got around reading Tessa and Scott's and I was impressed with how they describe their childhood and the way it all really came together. They progressively became partners, it wasn't something that happened one day.

Also, Tessa must be some kind of genius, isn't she? I love how she says she was in it for the choreography and that she would spend hours choreographing stuff in her head. No wonder she seems like such an introspective kind of person, most geniuses are.

pani
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Speaking of books, I recently got around reading Tessa and Scott's and I was impressed with how they describe their childhood and the way it all really came together. They progressively became partners, it wasn't something that happened one day.

Also, Tessa must be some kind of genius, isn't she? I love how she says she was in it for the choreography and that she would spend hours choreographing stuff in her head. No wonder she seems like such an introspective kind of person, most geniuses are.

And she talking what she want to see in program and Scott show how to do this :) Ideal team.

pani
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I didn't say that. Is that what you think, pani?

Its just interуsting, when after so many years different teams form different countries used the same words, when they describe there relationships.
I read this book a long years ago. Maybe i need to read it again, because i forget some details :D

jl22aries
04-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Wouldn't it be a dream if they continued in the sport after competitive retirement? Scott the coach. Tessa the choreographer. Dreamy picture.

I STILL have not read Tess and Scott's book. As much as I love them! Is there much in the book that has not already been revealed through watching their career and many interviews?

twinktwink
04-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I still haven't read Tessa and Scott's book either, its on my long list of biographies and autobiographies that I want to read. I'm kind of hoping they'll do another some day and I guess I'll read them one after the other if I don't get around to it before then :)

pani
04-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Wouldn't it be a dream if they continued in the sport after competitive retirement? Scott the coach. Tessa the choreographer. Dreamy picture.

I STILL have not read Tess and Scott's book. As much as I love them! Is there much in the book that has not already been revealed through watching their career and many interviews?

Honestly no. And maybe you saw all photos in internet.
Like Zueva said about T-S book - its good photo album :D
But i like to read about Tessas close relationshils with Susane Killing and how Susane fell Tessa really well.