PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

martyross
04-11-2012, 04:51 AM
i feel like the question of what's it like to train with your closest competitor hasn't changed, but their answers have. before, they played up how friendly and useful it is. remember that fluff with all four and scott saying he wants d/w to get all they deserve because they're awesome. nowadays, in the tracy wilson interview and the london ctv interview, tessa is answering the question differently now. when asked what it's like, she says it's tense. to me, that's noteworthy. maybe it's always been tense, but this is the first time tessa and scott have acknowledge it. but tessa also says that she likes the tension and scott says his friendship with charlie thrives in that tension.

or also,it may be that you older you get, the less afraid you are to state your opinions and speak the truth on things. i think the change was noticeable from Finlandia trophy already, when Tessa told about their hunger to win everything, admitting that it could sound greedy from their part. they are confident in themselves this season and their openess proves it. they're really growing up as two interesting and fascinating people.

aka_gerbil
04-11-2012, 04:51 AM
The same reason they won't get SA - the medalling home team.

*facepalm* Duh!

I absolutely adore P/B, and somehow that one slipped right past me with the GP assignments next year.

zilam98
04-11-2012, 04:54 AM
re: tessa's change of stroking/skating

it's been known that tessa (and scott subsequently) had to change her stroking/skating technique post-surgery. can anyone point out any visible difference in how she has changed her stroking since surgery?

sap5
04-11-2012, 04:57 AM
*facepalm* Duh!

I absolutely adore P/B, and somehow that one slipped right past me with the GP assignments next year.

LOL. I forgot as well! I'm sadly so used to P/B not medaling!

Shayii
04-11-2012, 04:59 AM
We get so many stuff on them today! Thanks to everybody that provided links. All this talk about London 2013 makes me want it to happen now. I don't know how I'm going to be patient waiting for the new season to start, I want to know what they are going to skate to now lol.

here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYEXW2ZFfw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting this on youtube. I love the part where Tessa says she can trust Scott during lifts cuz he's the best partner in the world.

Someone can be introverted and still good at public speaking, etc. It's not interchangeable with shyness (although you can certainly see both of those traits in the same person). It's more that introverts approach these sorts of things differently than extroverts and are also affected differently. One of my favorite explanations is that social situations tend to leave an introvert drained (and leaving them needing time afterwards by themselves to re-charge) while these sorts of things energize extroverts.
Yes I personally think I'm introverted (though many people that know me disagree with that), but I've learned to control my fear and nervousness for public speaking b/c I have to do many presentations for my major. Sometimes it still gets the best of me though and I end cracking stupid and unfunny jokes lol.

i feel like the question of what's it like to train with your closest competitor hasn't changed, but their answers have. before, they played up how friendly and useful it is. remember that fluff with all four and scott saying he wants d/w to get all they deserve because they're awesome. nowadays, in the tracy wilson interview and the london ctv interview, tessa is answering the question differently now. when asked what it's like, she says it's tense. to me, that's noteworthy. maybe it's always been tense, but this is the first time tessa and scott have acknowledge it. but tessa also says that she likes the tension and scott says his friendship with charlie thrives in that tension.
Yea I feel like it has definitely changed too. Maybe it's b/c now the two teams are seen more as equal (before it seems like many considered V/M to be ahead and many still do actually) and both teams want to win every time they face each other.

re: V/M and romance
re: Should they stay or should they go.....

I'd love it if they could stick with S/Z (and the political clout that comes from dancing with them) and explore other choregoraphers. If ice dance/figure skating is a language, why should the principal actors stick to one writer/director? Could you imagine James Stewart if he stuck with Capra as opposed to visiting Mann, Hitchcock, Cukor, or Lubitsch. I'd love to see Ingo Stueur choreograph something for them.

Yes I agree I don't want them to leave Canton, just want them to work with outside choreographers.

Shayii
04-11-2012, 05:04 AM
The same reason they won't get SA - the medalling home team.

Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but is this b/c they can't face P/B during the GP series and P/B will most likely be doing TEB?

martyross
04-11-2012, 05:06 AM
ice dance is a sport full of crazy suspence: you can discuss the results of the whole gran prix 6 months in advance :D

martyross
04-11-2012, 05:11 AM
yes now that i think of it, 1-2-3 finishers dont meet in the gran prix. i hope it is Russia too, but last year it went to DW.

lavenderblue
04-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Hmm. I kind of think they might choose NHK simply because the timing's favorable and they've made many mentions of loving Japan (they also chose it in the past when another Worlds medaling team had a claim to TEB). The GPF is in Sochi as it is, so they'd be getting their additional experience on Russian ice before Russian fans right there.

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Thank you martyross and HSGP21 and everyone else who has posted links!

here's one more article on Worlds 2013 with a nice pic of Tessa and Scott:

http://metronews.ca/news/98761/sharing-the-impact-of-hosting-the-world/

Their connection is even apparent in this photo--I just love how Scott looks at Tessa when she is speaking and vice versa.

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 05:24 AM
yes now that i think of it, 1-2-3 finishers dont meet in the gran prix. i hope it is Russia too, but last year it went to DW.

I believe that's because D&W had first pick (as the higher-ranked team). Now that Tessa and Scott are world champions again (:cheer:), they will be able to make their selections first. I think I remember them saying this past season that they had wanted to do CoR but D&W had already selected it...but I don't know for sure. It would be nice for them to compete in 2 events in Russia next season--the more exposure, the better.

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but is this b/c they can't face P/B during the GP series and P/B will most likely be doing TEB?

not ignorant at all--these forums are for asking questions! and yes, that is the reason. only one medalist per event, and I can't imagine P&B not doing TEB.

martyross
04-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Grishuk and Platov hold the record of golds, 4 at worlds and 2 olympic. if Tessa and Scott won the three golds in the next 2 seasons, they will be even :D

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 05:45 AM
maybe they can do what steuer did with s/s--take pina's work to the ice and have a pairs team interpret it. even if they dont get an outside input for the fd (it would kill z/s), they can adapt something unto the ice. if not something bluesy, then something a little more abstract like what they did with PF.

that would be awesome! I am really hoping for blues or modern dance, and if they go with the latter, I would love for them to work with dancers from the Alvin Ailey dance company. In fact, I would love to see all the Canton dancers work a bit with this company, just to get a fresh approach to movement.

I have to say, it will be hard for me to say goodbye to Funny Face. You can tell they really connected with those characters and the story of Funny Face, which really made it come alive. I have loved this program from the first time I saw it, and it has been a pleasure watching them enjoy themselves so much out on the ice.

Shayii
04-11-2012, 06:14 AM
I want them to go to Russia too, but I think lavenderblue is right I'm seeing them picking Japan over Russia.

not ignorant at all--these forums are for asking questions! and yes, that is the reason. only one medalist per event, and I can't imagine P&B not doing TEB.
Thanks :). I kinda assumed that was the reason, but wanted to make sure.

Grishuk and Platov hold the record of golds, 4 at worlds and 2 olympic. if Tessa and Scott won the three golds in the next 2 seasons, they will be even :D
No no no, don't think about that...sorry I'm superstitious lol :shuffle:.