PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Twilight1
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Just listened to music from the movie 'The Artist'- it won the academy award for original score this year and there are some amazing choices in there.

A couple I thought suit V&M really well but I imagine many teams will pick from this soundtrack this coming season.

pani
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Just listened to music from the movie 'The Artist'- it won the academy award for original score this year and there are some amazing choices in there.

A couple I thought suit V&M really well but I imagine many teams will pick from this soundtrack this coming season.

I think Tesa look like that actress from the movie :rolleyes: But they couldnt use it, because they did F this year :(
So, maybe Natalie and Fabien will use it?

Twilight1
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
But they could use this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfxYc2MuQmQ with their polka. :)

Sahararainfall
04-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Actually I might have used the wrong words describing Charlie as genuinely happy when they lost. Of course he was disappointed that they didn't win, but he just didn't seem overly disappointed. Anyways I agree they all seem like great people and I like them all and I disagree with some of the words used to describe them (even Tessa some seem to take her introvertedness to mean pretentious and fake).

Introvertedness equates to being fake? LOL Gosh, I am such a fake person then. :lol:

Sahararain, W/P have only really caught a lot of people's attention this year and je suis malade I never thought of as a "lovey-dovey" program at all. Did you see it has a love program? I mean it could fit under that category as love gone wrong I guess. Criticism of V/M seem to be geared at them doing first love kind of programs.

Or maybe because TS romantic programs are for the most part "uplifting" programs, the polar opposite of the almighty, angsty, theatrical, voidy programs. :lol: I guess "lovey dovey" is not the proper term for WP. "Grieving" romantic to borrow Martyross' term may be better.

You know, something I actually wonder about is if V/M have taken more of a responsibility for their programs since the Olympics -- the indication that the FD music and general idea was up to them for 2010-11, FF having been Tessa's original suggestion (though Marina may have brought it back to the table). It does seem as though they speak more of their involvement in that aspect of the work than do some of the other top teams, so I'm curious if that trend will continue as their competitive career winds down.

(I hope that it does, because it seems like only a great thing as far as experience and building on their knowledge of the sport is concerned.)

Quote from their book I've managed to save from Google preview, rather incomplete, starts at page 118 but you can get the gist:

...students in the creative process more than they ever had, which also helped unite them in a common purpose. "They would say, 'We want you to get from here to here, what do you feel comfortable doing?'" Tessa recalls, "And we'd come up with something and they'd make it better. So things really came from us. I mean Marina had this vision, but the actual steps came from us, because it was just natural."

"It was our program," Scott says. "It's us. We made it, we help Marina make it. She really took our greatest strengths and put them into the program."

They were talking about Mahler of course, and you add in some of the things they said earlier in the season (regarding creating their programs) and one can sense that they do seem to have more creative input in their work than one would expect and not just in the music choice. Now some might see that as being, I don't know, too confident? Too bold for people too young and inexperience? (I can't find the proper words again.) Now we don't know exactly how much input T-S have in the choreo of their programs itself, but I'm glad it seems that TS were allowed to experiment a little and be involved more in the creative process the past two years (the best time for it before the OG build up). The experience would help them if they want to stay in the sport, especially Scott if he plans to do coaching. (Learning from other choreographers would be nice too, like apprentices learning from other masters, but maybe they can do that when they turn pro. I am sort of on the fence regarding coaching change right now. I will just have to trust TS regarding that.)

I do think (like some already mentioned) that Marina already has a plan for them (and DW) in 2014, not sure for next year, but definitely for next OG, unless this year's Worlds results messed it all up. :lol:

pani
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Do you know, who made there new exibition program?

pani
04-09-2012, 08:47 PM

But common style with this year FD..... But could be great.
Maybe i am really going crazy, but i like to see Yankee polka on Kevin Reynolds SP music :D

clarie
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
If Plan A doesn't work, skip to Plan B..........we do it in curling :lol: (a lot!)

pani
04-09-2012, 08:55 PM
If Plan A doesn't work, skip to Plan B..........we do it in curling :lol: (a lot!)

:lol: You need to give some advices to figure skaters :)

Sahararainfall
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Do you know, who made there new exhibition program?

I have no idea pani. You have more sources so I don't think it's fair for you to ask me. :lol:

I am still very much afraid of that polka. It's more a social dance to me than a dance I would pay to see people competing in.

IoanaC
04-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I am still very much afraid of that polka. It's more a social dance to me than a dance I would pay to see people competing in.

I hope they go for a more serious/elegant dance, since they can mix polka and waltz/march. I really can't imagine Scott being all cutesy and silly, especially knowing he's not exactly fond of the polka.:)

The ideal march would look like that. Now, if they could only squeeze the polka somewhere in there...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyxpzJDK5g

Golightly
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/chaconnedai/status/185497957364269056/photo/1
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRIDPMiSAmo

That right there is the difference between both teams. I am not diminishing either by this comparison. Just saying that that is how they approach their dancing, too.

Shayii
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I think Tesa look like that actress from the movie :rolleyes: But they couldnt use it, because they did F this year :(
So, maybe Natalie and Fabien will use it?

You think Tessa looks like Berenice Bejo? I don't see a resemblance.

Oh I like this! I don't know if it fits polka cuz I try to stay away from that genre as much as I can lol, but if if they use this kind of music it might make it more tolerable.

Introvertedness equates to being fake? LOL Gosh, I am such a fake person then. :lol:

Yea I forgot where I read that, but I was like WTF?

I do think (like some already mentioned) that Marina already has a plan for them (and DW) in 2014, not sure for next year, but definitely for next OG, unless this year's Worlds results messed it all up. :lol:

Lmao :lol:.

Did you guys read the Krylova interview in great skate debate thread? As we've already concluded she really likes V/M particularly Scott and she seems like such a lovely person.

Pani at FF you said something about Tessa not looking at Scott at the gala practice then they went backstage to talk, what did you mean by this?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Entire Post

:respec:

When you also add in V&M's junior FD's then the number of truly "romantic, lovey-dovey" programs they have skated to are even less.

Sometimes I think that some things get repeated so often, they are just accepted as fact.

bmcg
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM
:respec:

When you also add in V&M's junior FD's then the number of truly "romantic, lovey-dovey" programs they have skated to are even less.

Sometimes I think that some things get repeated so often, they are just accepted as fact.

Skating politics 101. Keep repeating something until it's accepted as fact.

martyross
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
so this yankee polka program can be detached from the original background of the dance?
not sure i can endure a whole season of cuteness.