PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Well you certainly don't hate in silence. IMO you are the biggest hater on this board. You jump all over anyone in the V/M thread who have anything nice to say about another dance team, esp Davis/White, you go into the D/W thread in order to flame, & you constantly bring up Meryl in every thread. You criticize every word that comes out of her mouth and twist her words so it makes her look like a bad sport, but Scott's poor sportsmanship last year got a pass from you. FTR, I don't expect skaters to be angels all the time so I don't mind him getting a pass from his fans, but be a little consistant. At least don't make up stuff that didn't happen. Your constant refrain of "Meryl is a devil" is getting really old.

:D
When i was in D-W thread last time?

Sahararainfall
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
They all good guys (dont know about Meryl) but pressure is too high.
But Tessa look like person, who care mor about to be nice person, then champion :)

I'm sure they're all good kids, and TS themselves says Meryl is such a sweetheart. But I do get that impression that Meryl and Scott are the same in a way in that they are the half of the team that might speak out more openly (with Scott obviously more frank by a long mile :lol:). Charlie and Tessa on the other hand are more laid back and reserve (respectively) but doesn't mean they don't get upset when they don't get the results they want or expect. They are just better at keeping it to themselves.

I've spent some time myself musing over V/M's programs and the claims by some that they're always "lovey-dovey romantic crap."

Where I've ended up is that there is always going to be a subset of people who will always label V/M's programs as "lovey-dovey" simply because of the connection that V/M have with each other. They could go out and skate to some heavy metal, dressed as punk rockers with pink and blue hair, and that one group would still call the program romantic.

I am sort of very curious what's WP is going to do next, partly because the expectations are going to be very different for them next year, but mainly (as a VM fan) because I want to see how people are going to react if they chose something remotely romantic. I am curious if they will get saddled with the same "lovey-dovey" thing that VM always gets or if this standard is just applicable to VM.

Walei, you have the most interesting dreams. You ever dream anything about the lotto or something like that? :lol:

sap5
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
something i've been wondering, in your opinion, what do they express in the Pink Floyd program? they're super connected, but it doesnt look as romance.

It's not romance. It's sensuality. At least that's how I see it. ;)

Shayii
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm sure they're all good kids, and TS themselves says Meryl is such a sweetheart. But I do get that impression that Meryl and Scott are the same in a way in that they are the half of the team that might speak out more openly (with Scott obviously more frank by a long mile :lol:). Charlie and Tessa on the other hand are more laid back and reserve (respectively) but doesn't mean they don't get upset when they don't get the results they want or expect. They are just better at keeping it to themselves.

I am sort of very curious what's WP is going to do next, partly because the expectations are going to be very different for them next year, but mainly (as a VM fan) because I want to see how people are going to react if they chose something remotely romantic. I am curious if they will get saddled with the same "lovey-dovey" thing that VM always gets or if this standard is just applicable to VM.

Walei, you have the most interesting dreams. You ever dream anything about the lotto or something like that? :lol:

Actually I might have used the wrong words describing Charlie as genuinely happy when they lost. Of course he was disappointed that they didn't win, but he just didn't seem overly disappointed. Anyways I agree they all seem like great people and I like them all and I disagree with some of the words used to describe them (even Tessa some seem to take her introvertedness to mean pretentious and fake).

Sahararain, W/P have only really caught a lot of people's attention this year and je suis malade I never thought of as a "lovey-dovey" program at all. Did you see it has a love program? I mean it could fit under that category as love gone wrong I guess. Criticism of V/M seem to be geared at them doing first love kind of programs.

Subway
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
So no chances at all to see something not from Zueva. We must relax. ;)
I am sure marina siad ti Tracy, she is sad D-W didnt win this WCH :lol:
This is really interesting for me, how V-M could not see this. Maybe only n=because they didnt want to do this.

Or maybe because it's not happening and never has. Hard to see what doesn't exist.

pani
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I think W-P pay a lot in love off-ice. I dont know, maybe they are a couple off-ice, but look they work so hard :lol:

pani
04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Or maybe because it's not happening and never has. Hard to see what doesn't exist.

So its wasnt Zueva and Shpilband, who said, they think M-C must win :D

Subway
04-09-2012, 07:07 PM
So its wasnt Zueva and Shpilband, who said, they think M-C must win :D

I read the quote and that was your interpretation, not what they said.

pani
04-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I read the quote and that was your interpretation, not what they said.

What they said? :D

Subway
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
What they said? :D

That D/W skated perfectly - IOW, perfectly for them. Clean and no mistakes, so surely this must win. And Scott and Tessa had mistakes and won. That is a statement of how good Scott and Tessa are, while complimenting Meryl and Charlie's performance. Marina covered both bases. She's sophisticated when she talks to the press.

Subway
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I think W-P pay a lot in love off-ice. I dont know, maybe they are a couple off-ice, but look they work so hard :lol: It does look like they work hard to have the look. I don't want to go off topic but maybe that's the Shae Lynn influence? She was an accomplished skater but also had a "sell it!" feel to her that I see with W/P. Something less than natural in the expression.

bmcg
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Shae sold it and Angelika was often criticized for OTT emoting. I can see an influence from both women in the way Kaitlyn skates.

Subway
04-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Shae sold it and Angelika was often criticized for OTT emoting. I can see an influence from both women in the way Kaitlyn skates. It can come off like mugging.

pani
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/chaconnedai/status/185497957364269056/photo/1
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRIDPMiSAmo

pani
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Just re-watched this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu0VNFDvCeQ
This FD is o funny and unusual/ And i like there "Beatls" FD.
And this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3AYM4zdTj8&feature=player_detailpage#t=170s