PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Shayii
04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
They didn’t really talk that much during the performance…
Tracy: What they do so well is all of the details…stumble by Scott there, but watch the fingers, the shapes they create with their bodies, extension of their free legs, the point of their toes
Tom: Well when you skate against someone as talented as Davis and White it’s those little things that are the difference between the two of them
Tracy: And that’s how they try to separate themselves. Skating with precision and portraying the characters of Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire
After the performance…
Tracy: Wonderful choreography once again Marina Zueva, Igor Shpilband and these top two teams have been going back and forth this year, this is anybody’s guess Tom (shows Davis and White clapping for V/M after their skate-I think they knew they weren’t winning)…commercial break
During FD replay…
Tracy: T/S lost to D/W at GPF final, Scott said they had to go back to the drawing board rework their speed so that they had more power to match Davis and White and added more details at the end of their program. Beat Charlie and Meryl in Colorado
Scores come up…
Tracy: like Davis and White not their season’s best, but high enough to give them the win here (Davis and White still watching backstage and clapping for Tessa and Scott when they won, I think Charlie says “that’s a huge score” to Meryl)

pani
04-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Hey, no need to turn on me, I'm as big an "uber" as you can get. I will happily watch them do crossovers all day long. I was just explaining that, when you're the best, expectations are something you have to face. It may not be fair, but it's true. No one is out to get Tessa and Scott (well, except for the D/W ubers:D). They are very much appreciated for their obvious qualities even by those who dislike their programs.

And no, I don't want them to skate to Carmina Burana. But I would love for them to pick a piece of modern, yet powerful music for next season. Something that would fill an arena. Not sure a jazzy-bluesy piece could do that...

Sorry, i didnt talk about you, just about haters, who could hate in silence :D
And every time will found V-M boring, no matter, what they skate ;)

When you all talking about audience friendly FD, did you remamber about last season Samba FD? This FD wasnt audience-friendly? Wasnt this FD modern? Was it boring, romantic? If even ubers didnt see this, i am not wonder, haters didnt :D

Sonata
04-09-2012, 06:09 AM
And no, I don't want them to skate to Carmina Burana. But I would love for them to pick a piece of modern, yet powerful music for next season. Something that would fill an arena. Not sure a jazzy-bluesy piece could do that...

I agree! T/S are good enough skaters that they don't need to depend on big music to make a program successful. But they need something that will draw in the audience.

the more you feel threatened, the more you bash. you dont give the team any credit, you just pick on it for everything. because if you admit to yourself that there's something good about them, you start fearing that your favorite couple might be inferior in that respect. here's why people criticize no matter what. truth hurts a lot :D but i keep wondering, there are a lot of fans or uber of DW on fs boards. where are all the canadian TS Ubers?? are there canadian forums or something?

Yes, I agree - early on in my skating fandom, I definitely "hated" other skaters that were too close for comfort to my favourites. Now I just get irritated that my favourites' skills are not being fairly recognized ;)

Canadian TS fan here. I wouldn't call myself an uber, because I like to think my admiration for T/S is based not only on passion, but on reason :) When I look at their skating, the evidence speaks for itself; clear edges, fabulous extension, appropriate expression and commitment to the "dance" part of ice dance. And I think the fact that T/S's fans come from all over the world says a lot about how good they are. I love listening to commentary from other parts of the world and hearing the commentators rave over them.

They've often been compared to Gordeeva and Grinkov. Don't forget that even G/G had their detractors. When they retired in 1990, it was amid talk that they shouldn't have won their last world championship. And some, including myself, wonder if they should have really won the 1994 Olympics. But now they are legends in skating.

pani
04-09-2012, 06:09 AM
if anyone is interested there is a thread on golden skate about dance and politics with some really interesting remarks on canton teams. particularly at the last post. http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36740-Ice-Dance-Yesterday-Today-and-Tomorrow

that pic pretty much summarize the whole season.. (no, you can't blame me for feeling dangerous :D )

What you mean about this?
Nothing mean or extreme, but her comment about being happy to meet with the judges to see what they wanted for D/W to improve struck me as a little sharp (though yes, I admit, I'm projecting).
Who made this comments? Marina? Maybe now its deal of her life to made something for D-W will beat V-M :lol:

pani
04-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Tracy: Wonderful choreography once again Marina Zueva, Igor Shpilband

So no chances at all to see something not from Zueva. We must relax. ;)
I am sure marina siad ti Tracy, she is sad D-W didnt win this WCH :lol:
This is really interesting for me, how V-M could not see this. Maybe only n=because they didnt want to do this.

pani
04-09-2012, 06:17 AM
I had to :lol: at the picture in the K&C of Tessa and Scott and coaches. They may have been ticked off because they couldn't say "I told you so" with regards to V/M's choice of music this year. I don't think FF would have been the coach's choice at all, but totally V/M's. ;). However, V/M got their way this year and will probably go with suggestions their coaches make for the coming season. Think? Or S/Z just didn't have a chance to react at that moment, or perhaps they didn't want to alienate Meryl and Charlie by being too celebratory at that point. Hoo nose!!!

Yes, this was big moment :D And when D-W won last year WCh and all this season, coaches felt free to express, how happy they was ;)

Shayii
04-09-2012, 06:21 AM
So no chances at all to see something not from Zueva. We must relax. ;)

Lol, I'm sure if Marina gives them bad choreography for next season Tessa and Scott will be told to change it at high performance camp. Like Ioana I'm just gonna pray they choose big, powerful music next season that fills the arena especially with Worlds being in their own city, I get excited just thinking about it.

And Golightly it's ok go ahead and rant all you want. You say a lot of the things I'm thinking myself, but can't articulate into words lol.

pani
04-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Lol, I'm sure if Marina gives them bad choreography for next season Tessa and Scott will be told to change it at high performance camp. .

Like she did this season (i mean Tracy), when after HPC and a lot off competitions V-M found a lot off new things about there programs in GPF? :D
I know, V-M didnt have place to go, but how they could trust people, who said in press they must lose and this is there coaches? :D

Shayii
04-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Like she did this season (i mean Tracy), when after HPC and a lot off competitions V-M found a lot off new things about there programs in GPF? :D
I know, V-M didnt have place to go, but how they could trust people, who said in press they must lose and this is there coaches? :D

What?! I'm pretty sure they never said T/S must lose. Look, Tessa and Scott aren't leaving Canton so let's just support them and hope that they are given innovative programs next season. I'll be honest, I've said before that Marina and Igor didn't look too enthusiastic when Scott and Tessa won to me. But now thinking back on it that could have been to several reasons. Maybe they're just worried about Meryl and Charlie being "dumped" or something (I've read that elsewhere). IDK we'll see what happens next season, I'm off to bed.

bbkenn
04-09-2012, 07:25 AM
All their programs are different, all involving a romantic attachment at some stage and why the hell not? When you go out dancing with your boyfriend, you don't look at the floor or the ceiling or the people ordering a drink at the bar, you look at HIM. You dance with HIM. Dancing is, in essence, a way to connect with someone you are attracted to. Sure, there are other types of dancing, but this dancing? This dancing is about a man and woman being utterly attracted to one another. I don't get that BS about them always being in love when they dance when that's what they have to do. I mean, have these people ever danced with a significant other in their entire lives? What is DF about if not two people flirting through a waltz? And this is where I always say D-W failed to portray their characters and no amount of arguing is going to convince me otherwise. I find the romance criticism so, pardon the use of such a silly word but it's fitting here, LAME. It's lame! It goes against the very nature of dancing. There's connection, there's flirtatiousness, there's romance, there's love, and yes, there is sex. Each and every single one of their free dances have presented those themes at some point or another. If you want to be an idiot and call that one-dimensional, go ahead and do it. That, to me, is dancing.
Sorry for the rant.

This^^. By the way, I'm an American and a huge V&M uber fan.:)

jl22aries
04-09-2012, 08:16 AM
if anyone is interested there is a thread on golden skate about dance and politics with some really interesting remarks on canton teams. particularly at the last post. http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36740-Ice-Dance-Yesterday-Today-and-Tomorrow

that pic pretty much summarize the whole season.. (no, you can't blame me for feeling dangerous :D )

That was an awesome read Martyross, thanks so much for the link. I don't ever lurk in Goldenskate and now I'm thinking I should. Those posts are quite impressive. A public forum with intelligent, thought out, respectful debates? Sign me up!

jl22aries
04-09-2012, 08:17 AM
All their programs are different, all involving a romantic attachment at some stage and why the hell not? When you go out dancing with your boyfriend, you don't look at the floor or the ceiling or the people ordering a drink at the bar, you look at HIM. You dance with HIM. Dancing is, in essence, a way to connect with someone you are attracted to. Sure, there are other types of dancing, but this dancing? This dancing is about a man and woman being utterly attracted to one another. I don't get that BS about them always being in love when they dance when that's what they have to do. I mean, have these people ever danced with a significant other in their entire lives? What is DF about if not two people flirting through a waltz? And this is where I always say D-W failed to portray their characters and no amount of arguing is going to convince me otherwise. I find the romance criticism so, pardon the use of such a silly word but it's fitting here, LAME. It's lame! It goes against the very nature of dancing. There's connection, there's flirtatiousness, there's romance, there's love, and yes, there is sex. Each and every single one of their free dances have presented those themes at some point or another. If you want to be an idiot and call that one-dimensional, go ahead and do it. That, to me, is dancing.
Sorry for the rant.

Awesome post. Agreed 100%!

walei
04-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry to go off topic a bit but I had another dream last night about V/M that I MUST share.

This time it's really Tessa and Meryl. I think I was a reporter or something, and I was standing right in the middle of the ice with Tessa, Meryl, and Zueva in their training rink. Marina told Meryl that if she and Charlie want to improve their edges they have to deconstruct their technique and relearn the stroking like Tessa did. I am no technik so that is just something my subconscious pulled out of my butt.

Then, Zueva said to both Meryl and Tessa that the best way though to improve is to buff themselves up physically. Meryl had this stern look to the side and my dream self pointed out to Meryl and Tessa that Meryl looked upset because she does not like to look buff. Tessa said something to Meryl and Meryl laughed and said "so are we finally speaking to each other now?" meow! :lol:

The both started laughing and giggling, then Meryl and Tessa started skating together in a circular step sequence around the rink with dance holds and everything. They were both superb and beautiful. My dream self wanted to come back to FSU and post what I saw so bad but couldn't because supposedly if I did I would be banned for life by team Zueva. :lol:

the day before I dreamed about watching a beauty pageant supposedly for women, but first runner up was Sam from Glee, and the crown went to Spike Lee who was wearing a hip hop track outfit while being crowned...

IoanaC
04-09-2012, 09:02 AM
When you all talking about audience friendly FD, did you remamber about last season Samba FD? This FD wasnt audience-friendly? Wasnt this FD modern? Was it boring, romantic? If even ubers didnt see this, i am not wonder, haters didnt :D

I loved last year's FD and it's a pity it didn't get the chance to grow over a whole season. I loved the audience's reaction to it, that's why I want them to choose a piece of music that has the same appeal. Just not ballroom again, if possible.:)

Walei, loved your dream!
Tessa said something to Meryl and Meryl laughed and said "so are we finally speaking to each other now?" :lol:

martyross
04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Why do you think the posters here aside from you and pani aren't V/M ubers?

and who thinks that? :confused: that is clearly not my point. since i read much more support toward DW on goldenskate and livejournal (i'm not sure about FSU) and much less for T&S, i was just wondering, why there seem to be less active fans of T&S, given that they're popular in Canada. i'm talking about this country because it has more fans than in any other one so the number must be huge. it may be that 1) Canadian fans express they love elsewhere 2) They lurk. 3) it's just my impression/paranoia about little support for T&S.
obviously there are a lot of good T&S supporters around the World <shrughs>