PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

lavenderblue
04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
However, V/M got their way this year and will probably go with suggestions their coaches make for the coming season. Think?

You know, something I actually wonder about is if V/M have taken more of a responsibility for their programs since the Olympics -- the indication that the FD music and general idea was up to them for 2010-11, FF having been Tessa's original suggestion (though Marina may have brought it back to the table). It does seem as though they speak more of their involvement in that aspect of the work than do some of the other top teams, so I'm curious if that trend will continue as their competitive career winds down.

(I hope that it does, because it seems like only a great thing as far as experience and building on their knowledge of the sport is concerned.)

but i keep wondering, there are a lot of fans or uber of DW on fs boards. where are all the canadian TS Ubers?? are there canadian forums or something?

Why do you think the posters here aside from you and pani aren't V/M ubers? Speaking for myself, I adore V/M and would certainly never be mistaken for an uber of any other teams (well, perhaps Paul/Islam -- pull it together, kids!). I enjoy watching a number of others, like P/B and C/L, and even the oft-maligned Shibutanis when things gel, but none to any extent near V/M; D/W as skaters wouldn't really be in that conversation for me aside from a couple of their past programs.

P.S. I'm American. A fair number of V/M's ubers, in fact, are American or European. Or are Canadian ubers just superior? ;)

martyross
04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I often think about this exact same thing! And I laugh sometimes imagining the comments of the haterz!

yes its one of the most detested programs on youtube. i was insulted when i posted an appreciative comment. ridicolous. its only a piece if skating, for pete's sake.

Macassar88
04-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Hey, no need to turn on me, I'm as big an "uber" as you can get. I will happily watch them do crossovers all day long. I was just explaining that, when you're the best, expectations are something you have to face. It may not be fair, but it's true. No one is out to get Tessa and Scott (well, except for the D/W ubers:D). They are very much appreciated for their obvious qualities even by those who dislike their programs.

And no, I don't want them to skate to Carmina Burana. But I would love for them to pick a piece of modern, yet powerful music for next season. Something that would fill an arena. Not sure a jazzy-bluesy piece could do that...

I love watching them warm up. It's so nice to watch their basic skating.

Emdee
04-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Pani, the photo is priceless.

I think since they knew about the bobbles they were totally caught off guard. No time to put on the celebratory face if indeed they wanted to put it on. DF was to be Marina's opus so I guess that was a slap.

Hope to see some of the WTT videos. Best of luck to Scott and Tessa. How nice would it be for them to win three outings in a row against D&W !

martyross
04-09-2012, 12:49 AM
if anyone is interested there is a thread on golden skate about dance and politics with some really interesting remarks on canton teams. particularly at the last post. http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36740-Ice-Dance-Yesterday-Today-and-Tomorrow

that pic pretty much summarize the whole season.. (no, you can't blame me for feeling dangerous :D )

Golightly
04-09-2012, 01:20 AM
That Flickr page Pani linked to has this preciousness of image: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6901263372_95919af31d_z.jpg. They ARE the best, look at that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skatingpics/6901287996/in/set-72157629745070225/

Golightly
04-09-2012, 01:53 AM
LOVE this version of Black, Black Heart...also love the slower, more pedantic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=8U4C-zYrFUg

This would definitely be a departure for V&M and I would love to see it.

Ooh, that's the version I have on my iPod! I loved it so much. God, that was a good year in music. They could even use both The Flower Duet and Black Black Heart, it would be mindblowing :eek:

iggie
04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
"my coaches are canadian and american. they are from russia. obviously, they have that russian background. it was a big reason why we went to them 7-8 years ago. russia was dominating the sport in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. we wanted to take that leadership from marina and igor and benefit from it. the sport has changed a little bit since then. it's more so the vision now at this point in our careers. we do have to go back to the technical side of things, mostly in may, june and july. we go back there once in a while. it's more about vision and we're excited about the vision marina and igor have for us and we're lucky to have them."

- scott answering a question at the 2012 worlds press conference. a journalist had asked all the medalists to explain how having russian coaches helped.

sequins
04-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Why do you think the posters here aside from you and pani aren't V/M ubers? Speaking for myself, I adore V/M and would certainly never be mistaken for an uber of any other teams (well, perhaps Paul/Islam -- pull it together, kids!). I enjoy watching a number of others, like P/B and C/L, and even the oft-maligned Shibutanis when things gel, but none to any extent near V/M; D/W as skaters wouldn't really be in that conversation for me aside from a couple of their past programs.

P.S. I'm American. A fair number of V/M's ubers, in fact, are American or European. Or are Canadian ubers just superior? ;)

No we're not superior, just a bit better:rofl:Just kidding! It's great when V&M have support from everyone no matter where they come from. I especially love all the support they get from fellow skaters past and present. They are appreciated, I know that and I try to remember that through all the nastiness. I'm a huge V&M geek(you have no idea) I just don't express it as 'well' or as much as some I guess. Doesn't mean the love ain't there. Like you I also like and appreciate other teams but forced to choose it's no contest.

Shayii
04-09-2012, 04:52 AM

I'm American and I'm a V/M uber lol :D. Man I know this season just ended, but I'm so impatient for it to be next season already. I've been thinking, what do V/M haters and detractors complain about them the most? It's that they're boring, boring, boring, all they do are lovey-dovey programs, they're boring, they don't think outside the box, and that they're boring again. That's why I hope they pick something audience friendly, unexpected, and modern for next season; not to try to please those people, but I wanna see what excuses they'll come up with then.

Anyways did anybody watch the NBC broadcast? Before their FD, T/S were feeling each other's heartbeat. I guess that's one of the ways they get in-sync with each other before a performance. Also is it required for skaters to watch the people that skate after them cuz it was awkward watching Meryl and Charlie watch Tessa and Scott get their scores (or maybe it was just me lol).

The Accordion
04-09-2012, 05:13 AM
What did they say on the NBC coverage about the freedance?

sequins
04-09-2012, 05:16 AM
I'm American and I'm a V/M uber lol :D. Man I know this season just ended, but I'm so impatient for it to be next season already. I've been thinking, what do V/M haters and detractors complain about them the most? It's that they're boring, boring, boring, all they do are lovey-dovey programs, they're boring, they don't think outside the box, and that they're boring again. That's why I hope they pick something audience friendly, unexpected, and modern for next season; not to try to please those people, but I wanna see what excuses they'll come up with then.

I never understood that arguement it's such BS. Do we really need to go over their programs to prove our point? But I always thought that a big problem was that their 2 'different' programs Pink Floyd & Latin FD were skated in injury plagued seasons and less seen and under appreciated. That's my reasoning anyway to help me deal with their foolishness:)

Golightly
04-09-2012, 05:31 AM
All their programs are different, all involving a romantic attachment at some stage and why the hell not? When you go out dancing with your boyfriend, you don't look at the floor or the ceiling or the people ordering a drink at the bar, you look at HIM. You dance with HIM. Dancing is, in essence, a way to connect with someone you are attracted to. Sure, there are other types of dancing, but this dancing? This dancing is about a man and woman being utterly attracted to one another. I don't get that BS about them always being in love when they dance when that's what they have to do. I mean, have these people ever danced with a significant other in their entire lives? What is DF about if not two people flirting through a waltz? And this is where I always say D-W failed to portray their characters and no amount of arguing is going to convince me otherwise. I find the romance criticism so, pardon the use of such a silly word but it's fitting here, LAME. It's lame! It goes against the very nature of dancing. There's connection, there's flirtatiousness, there's romance, there's love, and yes, there is sex. Each and every single one of their free dances have presented those themes at some point or another. If you want to be an idiot and call that one-dimensional, go ahead and do it. That, to me, is dancing.
Sorry for the rant.

Shayii
04-09-2012, 05:37 AM
What did they say on the NBC coverage about the freedance?

I recorded it, I'm gonna replay it back and tell you. From the info box, the commentators are Tom Hammond and Tracy Wilson.

The Accordion
04-09-2012, 05:39 AM
I recorded it, I'm gonna replay it back and tell you. From the info box, the commentators are Tom Hammond and Tracy Wilson.

Thanks!