PDA

View Full Version : Let's support Alissa Czisny

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

martyross
03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
It was a real pity, because when she feels secure she's an inspired and inspiring artist. But in this sport, as in any other one, you have to be a competitor deep down in the soul. Maybe she's born to be an artist, which is fantastic and maybe even more valuable than being a competitor, but that's my personal view on things. Although I wasn't expecting to see her fall because in practices she looked strong, as i read.I want to start a thread like this because i believe that everyone should be credited and appreciated for the good things they do, and Alissa does and did awesome things on the ice.
I add that in these boards people are often harsh and stalkerish toward the female skaters, maybe because being harsh on women is easier, it comes more natural. this people certainly forget that athletes are talented people who work hard almost everyday, primarly for themselves. they don't own the fans a thing and we are obviously not entitled to judge them.
So instead of "What's the deal with Alissa?" i wanted to start a new thread with a different title and hopefully the fans who admire her can express here their support for this unique skater and artist. Thanks.

Jarrett
03-29-2012, 06:00 PM
May your life after skating be sucessful...

Skittl1321
03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
I think Alissa should be proud of her skating legacy- she is known for having some of the best, if not the best, spins in the world. Being the best at something is no small feat.

She'll be remembered for that, and she'll remember her competitive triumphs, even if they weren't as frequent as we'd like.

I hope she can skate lights out tomorrow, and show a bit of fire.

AliasJohnDoe
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
I support and love Alissa!!!! :swoon:

Hope to see her finish up with a great LP and come back strong next year!!!

martyross
03-29-2012, 06:17 PM
i hope so too because being an olympian is her dream. i hope she doesn't give up.

ioana
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I hope she manages to shut out the outside world for the long program and put together a performance she can be proud of. Regardless of what the future holds, it would be nice to end her season on a high note.

Tesla
03-29-2012, 07:22 PM
I love Alissa. I hope she forgets everything and just skates lights out and ends her season on a high note. You can do it, Alissa. I believe in you.

2sk8
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I love Alissa. I hope she forgets everything and just skates lights out and ends her season on a high note. You can do it, Alissa. I believe in you.

This...Go Alissa!

query5
03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
i support her too, however she does have a tendency to screw in short/long after screw up.

she can't put it behind her -which is sad, because she really is too good of a skater to do this.

leafygreens
03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
This is so sad because Alissa thought she was a "new skater" but it looks like she's the same old skater and last season was a fluke! Tragic.

martyross
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
This is so sad because Alissa thought she was a "new skater" but it looks like she's the same old skater and last season was a fluke! Tragic.

exactly it must be excruciating because she had started to hope again,being sure of herself.poor thing.

snoopysnake
03-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Alissa had an injury that hampered her skating this season. This can happen to anybody. She should take a little vacation this spring, and decide if she wants to keep competing. There aren't that many pro opportunities these days, so it might not be as tempting to turn pro at this point. She could also take a year off (like Miki Ando is doing this year) and give it another shot for the Olympics for the 2013-2014 season.

It's not as if she's never had a comeback before. If she tries and fails to go to Sochi, at least she won't wonder for the rest of her life if she could have made it. I still think she can. It might be a long shot for her to medal at the Olympics, but it would likely be worth it to her just to be there.

I think she still can regroup and have another skate like the 2010 GPF.

P.S. Alissa - for now, just go skate a great long! Good luck, and don't forget to cheer on Adam and Jeremy this weekend!

puglover
03-30-2012, 06:16 AM
My heart really goes out to Alissa. Now she is skating for pride and I so hope she has a good long program. She is beautiful on the ice.

Vash01
03-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Alissa will be a great exhibition skater.

I am sure she will bounce back in the LP, just like she did at worlds in 2009.

Bournekraatzfan
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Thank you so much for starting this thread, martyross.

My heart goes out to Alissa, but I, too, have faith she can bounce back and skate a beautiful long program.

She is an exquisite skater with that rare quality that you just can't teach. She is just a natural performer and has a wonderful connection with the audience. More than anything, I hope she skates for herself in the long. She has invested countless hours in this, worked extremely hard, and put her body through so much. And she is such a lovely person. I want her to have a performance she can enjoy and be happy with. I hope the crowd gets behind her, (and they seem to be a great crowd, so I imagine they will). Go Alissa :cheer: