PDA

View Full Version : American Idol 3/28-3/29: Top Nine Perform

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

skatesindreams
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
The powers that be gave him a standing ovation last night. It was the voters who didn't support him this week. And it probably had to do not only with his poor performances in previous weeks, but his attitude. A contestant really is not doing himself any favors when he takes constructive criticism poorly, appears not to take a competition seriously when so many others would kill to be in his place, and says he doesn't want to be a star. This show is a pageant. The talent portion is only one part of it.

Hee-jun acted as though he didn't want to be there.
The public obliged him; and sent him home.
I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.

taf2002
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.

Plus his mediocre voice.

skatesindreams
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
That, too,
However, his demeanor made sure he went home sooner than he might have, if he had acted as though he wanted to work/succeed.

JILEN
03-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Hee-jun acted as though he didn't want to be there.The public obliged him; and sent him home.I wonder if he will ever realize that his attitude was the reason.

I think none of these things has to do with anything. Contestants he left behind are more (some way more) talented than him...

I like Hee-jun and he's come very far. But this is how far he's gonna go.

I enjoy his smooth voice when he sings ballad and when he hits the perfect note but he doesnt have the range and the versatility to endure week after week.

The vibe or the attitude that he doesnt want to be there I didnt get in fact I saw somebody trying so hard to be Mr. Nice Guy. Goodluck to him.

Susan1
03-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I think none of these things has to do with anything. Contestants he left behind are more (some way more) talented than him...

I like Hee-jun and he's come very far. But this is how far he's gonna go.

I enjoy his smooth voice when he sings ballad and when he hits the perfect note but he doesnt have the range and the versatility to endure week after week.

The vibe or the attitude that he doesnt want to be there I didnt get in fact I saw somebody trying so hard to be Mr. Nice Guy. Goodluck to him.

If I wouldn't have already wanted Heejun gone 3-4 weeks ago, this week aggravated me because the title is A SONG FOR YOU, not "I'm singing this song TO you". A Song FOR You. That's how Leon Russell wrote it. That's how the Carpenters sang it. It really grated on my nerves. Along with his "airy" voice.

taf2002
03-31-2012, 11:12 PM
If judging on singing voice I thought Deandre should have gone before Hee-Jun but in the long run it doesn't make that much difference because neither have a "radio voice" IMO. I'd put Joshua with those 2 also but all the others, I think a record producer could do something with. Seven real talents isn't bad. It reminds me of season 5 where many of them got record deals & had some success.

JILEN
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
If I wouldn't have already wanted Heejun gone 3-4 weeks ago, this week aggravated me because the title is A SONG FOR YOU, not "I'm singing this song TO you". A Song FOR You. That's how Leon Russell wrote it. That's how the Carpenters sang it. It really grated on my nerves. Along with his "airy" voice.

Didn't notice that but he sang the Donny Hathaway version which I'm not familiar with. Maybe Donny change his version to "I'm singing this song to you instead of for you". :)

shan
04-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Idology from last week's episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXgfNqT-6w

:rofl: at the description of Holly's performance.

eta: an interview with Erika Van Pelt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsyqZrGB38&feature=endscreen&NR=1