PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week Two

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

centerstage01
03-28-2012, 03:21 AM
While it wasn't a surprise, poor Tony. I wish he could win that trophy. He and Anna. They could swap years.

Spareoom
03-28-2012, 04:09 AM
I wish they'd team up Ballas and Hough with partners who don't have high energy. I would have loved to see what either of them would have come up with for Gladys Knight for example.

I just wish I knew which one of my half-dozen favorites needed my measly pack of votes.

They already did; her name was Bristol Palin. Although you're right; Derek has never gotten a "clunker".

cruisin
03-28-2012, 04:17 AM
I thought that what Gavin said to Martina was truly classy. That it was an honor to share the stage with her. Nice guy :)

danceronice
03-28-2012, 04:31 AM
They already did; her name was Bristol Palin. Although you're right; Derek has never gotten a "clunker".

And Mark really rose to the occasion. He's the ONLY pro who's ever been given a celebrity with NO experience performing for an audience in any way and he did a fantastic job. Pushed when he had to, knew when to back off, got decent technique out of her without being a slavedriver. Mark CAN teach and deal with a non-ringer when he needs to. (Though in fairness, Bristol's YOUNG, so it's not like he's working with someone in their sixties. Katherine's not a dancer or someone noted for movement, but she's young and high-energy. What he'd do with a Gladys or Martina or Cloris? Who knows.)

Derek, otoh, has never really been challenged with an older celeb or one not fit and energetic. Though I don't think he's been given a ringer this time, and while her laugh makes me want to stick an awl through my eardrums, Maria's doing a good job not whining at all so far. Broken rib? Just remember, no hugs.

mrr50
03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
This time there is no one who HAS GOT TO GO. They all seem to be nice individuals who are trying to dance. What a concept.

cruisin
03-28-2012, 01:34 PM
^^ I don't know Melissa Gilbert is already getting on my nerves.

skaternum
03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
^^ I don't know Melissa Gilbert is already getting on my nerves.

Me too. She's so fake -- her face, her behavior, everything. Bleeeech.

I'd like to see Gavin go next week, followed by Melissa.

cruisin
03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Me too. She's so fake -- her face, her behavior, everything. Bleeeech.

I'd like to see Gavin go next week, followed by Melissa.

agree with your Melissa comments. But, I'd rather keep Gavin. At least he's a good guy. I especially like him after what he said to Martina last night. Realistically neither have a chance at winning. So, for the bottom dancers, I base my choices on personality :lol:.

Rob
03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Mark had Bristol, Kim Kardashian, and Shannon Doherty, plus lesser clunker Melissa Joan Hart. Then he had Kristin Cavallari, who had the energy, but not the fanbase.

danceronice
03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Mark had Bristol, Kim Kardashian, and Shannon Doherty, plus lesser clunker Melissa Joan Hart. Then he had Kristin Cavallari, who had the energy, but not the fanbase.

Was Shannon the season where Mark was going to have to be out anyway the week she was eliminated? IIRC, he got injured, and if they'd stayed she would have been with Corky. Now, THAT would have been interesting television. I'd like to see what Corky could do with a partner who wasn't being clearly labled the AARP candidate.

Rob
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, he did get injured with Shannon. They probably don't want to put Corky with an 18 year old, but I'd like to see him get someone like Ricki Lake, Jennifer Grey or Kirstie Alley (well, Kirstie's too tall, but you get the idea).

WindSpirit
03-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I just watched their second dances and don't have time to post but I had to say this:

What's your room number? How you doin', Gavin? :grope:

Beefy Latino with huge teeth is all yours, girls. I like quirky, talented men who are not afraid to challenge themselves. And Gavin's a cutie, too.

"Brando does pelvis, I mean, Elvis"? Touche, Bruno. :lol:

screech
03-29-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't get the whole William Levy fascination. His posture was terrible during the quickstep - very overmarked IMO and he kind of looks like a poor man's Ricky Martin, though less hot. People are screaming as though he's Gilles Marini or something!

Really I hope people will judge him on his dancing (which IMO is middle of the pack) instead of his perceived hotness. He;s really milking the 'rumoured to break up JLo's marriage' publicity from a few months ago for all it's worth. Even my mom recognized him from all that.

Cherub721
03-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I don't get the whole William Levy fascination. His posture was terrible during the quickstep - very overmarked IMO and he kind of looks like a poor man's Ricky Martin, though less hot. People are screaming as though he's Gilles Marini or something!

Ugh, yes! I thought I was the only one who thought that way (right down to the Ricky Martin comparison). He's handsome and all, but I don't understand why they have to keep telling me that's he's sooooo hot. If he is really that hot, then people will notice it on their own!

danceronice
03-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Yes, he did get injured with Shannon. They probably don't want to put Corky with an 18 year old, but I'd like to see him get someone like Ricki Lake, Jennifer Grey or Kirstie Alley (well, Kirstie's too tall, but you get the idea).

If I were somehow to wind up on the show, I'd ask for Corky. But then again that's just because I'd want a lesson from him without having to pay his normal rates.