PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men season premiere tonight!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

olympic
03-26-2012, 12:20 AM
After a long-ish hiatus, it premieres at 9pm on AMC :hat1:

Sparks
03-26-2012, 03:16 AM
And...what do people think so far?
Campbell is such a weasel...

Amy L
03-26-2012, 04:12 AM
I love Pete when he's being a greasy weasel. :lol:

Grannyfan
03-26-2012, 05:10 AM
So few likable characters on this show, yet it's my favorite and the only series I always watch. Tonight was mostly a lot of catching up, which is understandable when you've been off the air for nearly a year and a half I guess.

Don's new wife has a lot of teeth.

oleada
03-26-2012, 05:41 AM
I love Pete's sliminess :lol:

Aussie Willy
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Boo hoo - I probably won't get to see this until June when it comes out on DVD in Australia. On TV they haven't even shown Season 4 which I ended up buying on DVD anyway.

olympic
03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Wow, big change in fashion from 1965 to 1966, no? The women's skirts are shorter, make-up is less subdued, huge splash of color.

Yazmeen
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Campbell may be a sleaze at times, but he has a point, and Sterling is far worse, sleaze factor-wise. Pete is busting his tail bringing in the business while Sterling does nothing but stay drunk most of the day. Love, love, LURRRRRVE how he set Roger up with the fake Coca Cola meeting.

Overall, a marvelous opening episode, can't wait for more!

znachki
03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I think Pete is being a lot less weasely. He was very upfront about what he wanted, which is a far cry from the way he was before. The fake meeting was hi-larious. Served Roger right! As for Roger - I can't decide whether he's turning into Freddie, or Duck.

I got a big kick out of the way everyone at SCDP reacted/interacted with Joan and baby.

Don told Megan about his past, so that's good. That relationship has a very different dynamic than his marriage to "Morticia". I kept looking at their scenes and playing out the way they might have happened with Betty.

vesperholly
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I still don't like Megan. Hrmph.

*Jen*
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
:rofl: I LOVED Peggy's comment:

"Clients are right all of a sudden? I don't recognise that man! He's kind and...patient."
"And it galls you"
"No. It concerns me".

smurfy
03-27-2012, 01:47 AM
So glad this show is back.
So many little moments.
'Lurch and Morticia'
Roger drinking, and in the office dancing like Meghan when he sees Don
Different reactions to their ad: Joan's and then the lobby full of applicants.
Joan's mother - apples don't fall far from trees
NO Betty!! Yea Glad to see the kids, Gene is growing, just love Sally!
Don was honest with Meghan - she is the anti Betty, and Don knows that, great progress.
Campbell - I enjoy him, did not like him 1st season, but he fits in with all the crazies.
Roger to his wife Jane - why don't u do that (not sure of wording when Meghan serenaded and dance for Don
Jane - why don't lyou ook like him
I agree, I don't necesarily like some of the characters, but they intrigue me, I want to know what they do next.
Good start, and glad it is back.

topaz
03-27-2012, 04:48 AM
I liked the episode. I'm starting to really like Megan. She tries really hard to make him happy and she seems to know Don very well. He calls him on his BS. Also, Megan is no push over like Betty. She displays are lot confidence, wants a career and did anyone notice how she interacts to his kids or how she barely wanted anything to do with Joan's baby? I don't see kids in Don's and Megan's future, lol.

Pete is demanding that Roger take him seriously and Pete is fed up with Roger's approach to clients. I have a love/hate relationship with Roger. He irritates me at times and other times I just love his candor, his interaction with his mistress turned wife Jane. They really don't like each and have nothing in come.

I'm so tired of Harry. I really like Lane and Joan's relationship. He really respects and likes her. I wonder if there will an affair happening between them. He was only one who wanted to hold the baby and genuinely enjoyed it. Roger could barely contain his dislike in holding his own son. Peggy and Megan I can't see having any babies, ever.

Artemis@BC
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I really like Lane and Joan's relationship. He really respects and likes her. I wonder if there will an affair happening between them. He was only one who wanted to hold the baby and genuinely enjoyed it. Roger could barely contain his dislike in holding his own son.

Lane & Joan was my favourite scene in the episode. I really, really hope they don't push them into an affair -- enough already, and I like having at least some man-woman relationships that aren't about sex!

And I agree that Roger is 10x slimier than Pete. Pete's just doing his job ... but Roger is not only slimy, he's a waste of space (literally) and resources.

Peggy and Megan I can't see having any babies, ever.

Not so sure about Megan. I could see her trying to "do it all," a superwoman before her time -- wife, worker, mother. I'm still not her biggest fan, but I do find her to be at least interesting.

Peggy though ... it's obvious that any close contact with a baby brings up the whole issue of her own experiences for her. Will we see that storyline come around again? Something happening with the sister so that Peggy has to take responsibility for her child?

Overall I thought this episode was a little slow, esp. considering its length, but did a good job of setting things up. Looking forward to the next one! This is the first season I'm able to watch it in real time. I actually didn't like it when it first aired, but I gave it another chance on DVD, and now I'm definitely a fan.

PRlady
04-02-2012, 04:36 AM
OK, I don't read celebrity magazines so I was pretty stunned that January Jones is that heavy. And that it seems to be a major part of the plotline!