PDA

View Full Version : Laura Lepisto calls it a career.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Jeschke
03-25-2012, 10:12 PM
i never was a big fan of her to be honest, but looking back, 2007, 2008, how bright finnish ladies skating future seemed to be with poykio still on the line, korpi and especially laura and jenni vähamaa in coming.

so sad to summarize now, what a disappointing ending for poykio, vähämaa history long ago, korpi never manages to totally rock a main competition with two great skates and now lepistö retiring.

wish her the best for the future and remember her tears in the press confernce hence makes me still sad.

skatesindreams
03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry that injury forced the decision.
A shame that she couldn't end her career on her own terms.
The very best to Laura in the future.

Cheylana
03-25-2012, 10:29 PM
What a shame for Laura and the fans. I'm glad she will always be a European Champion and World medalist, but as skatesindreams said, it's a shame she couldn't retire on her own terms. :(

Ziggy
03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
:(

poths
03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
This is incredibly sad news. I am devestated for the girl and for the sport, to lose an amazing talent in such a forced manner. Her time as a senior was actually quite brief, but so effective and her Olympic skate is one of my all time favourites. It is genuinely depressing to think she won't be at a competetive event again. One of the all time best Europeans.

To be let down by your own body, especially when she seemed to everything right, developing the harder jumps as she matured, pushing her self in increments....

:respec: to the talent, sad for her, her coach, her family and fans.

brilliant9
03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
:wuzrobbed: it's a great pity

LuckyCharm
03-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I'll add to the :wuzrobbed:. I was actually just thinking the other day how I missed having her in the mix. She's been one of my favorite skaters to watch for the past few years, no matter which jumps she was landing. The fact that she was always tiffed from head to toe didn't hurt. Her "Imagined Oceans" SP is one of my favorite programs from anyone post-2006. Off to watch vid now.:slinkaway

midori
03-26-2012, 01:34 AM
So sad. :(

SamuraiK
03-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Im very sad.. watching Laura was always a joy! :(

Jenna
03-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Oh, what a shame. :wuzrobbed

Lovely, lovely skater but I am not surprised. Her FS in Vancouver was sublime.

Nomad
03-26-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm sorry, too, but at least she has the satisfaction of knowing she set records for Finland in Ladies' Singles: first Finn to win Europeans (and only Finn to win bronze, silver, and gold), first Finn to medal at Worlds, and highest finish by a Finn at the Olympics.

shine
03-26-2012, 04:29 AM
She was incredibly talented... How sad yet another great talent of the sport has been forced out by injuries before reaching her peak :( :( :(

MR-FAN
03-26-2012, 04:34 AM
This makes me angry

4rkidz
03-26-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm sorry, too, but at least she has the satisfaction of knowing she set records for Finland in Ladies' Singles: first Finn to win Europeans (and only Finn to win bronze, silver, and gold), first Finn to medal at Worlds, and highest finish by a Finn at the Olympics.

that is nice to know, hopefully she can look back and be very proud of her accomplishments :)

Sulphur
03-26-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm devastated :( :( She is currently my favorite skater and I was so hoping to see her soon.. She will be missed :(