PDA

View Full Version : Chan Conquers Toughest Six Inches

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Aussie Willy
03-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd like the article better if it were titled "Chan conquers hardest six inches".
This image is :rofl:

aftershocks
03-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, initially I thought the "six inches" could have been referring to the length of his fs blades, but I immediately flung out that notion. Chan's mastery of his blades supercedes his rise to dominance; that is a given. The ending of the opinion-piece was quite anticlimactic, and rang of hype as well, not unlike everything else Milton had to say:
"Chan seems to have conquered the toughest six inches in sport, which is between the ears." I doubt that is a uniform measurement, plus that space seems to have more to do with the nasal passages, rather than mind over matter (which Milton awkwardly seems to be referencing). In any case, Chan's conquering of the mental aspect of competition (just as with any athlete) remains to be seen, each time he skates onto the ice.

pinky166
03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Six inches? I'm not impressed...

He's a 5 foot 7 asian figure skater...what do you expect? :P

This thread title :rofl:

Aussie Willy
03-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Or the article could be called "Six inches is all it takes".

I am having "Are you being served" flashbacks with this thread.

museksk8r
03-24-2012, 11:18 PM
In any case, Chan's conquering of the mental aspect of competition (just as with any athlete) remains to be seen, each time he skates onto the ice.

Yes, it's more difficult being the hunted than being the hunter. The last skaters in all figure skating disciplines on the senior level who successfully defended a World Championship title are: Stephane Lambiel in 2006, Michelle Kwan in 2001, Savchenko/Szolkowy in 2009, and Denkova/Staviski in 2007. Chan has a big test next week as he will be attempting to defend his first World title, a feat that many great legends of the sport could not achieve.

nubka
03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I've asked it before, and I'm asking it again - why can't we have a BARF smilie?

It would come in so handy for this thread... :D

Iceman
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I want Chan to bring tears to my eyes, a lump to my throat (the way the Kween used to frequently do), but it hasn't happened yet

Since the Olympics is still to come maybe a good title might be
The Last Six Inches Is Always the Hardest:eek:

aftershocks
03-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I want Chan to bring tears to my eyes ...

I can't wait to see the "puppies crying." Everyone knows that Dai already has the kitties in his corner ... they are wild for him. :P

Since the Olympics is still to come maybe a good title might be The Last Six Inches Is Always the Hardest:eek:

:rofl: :rollin:

Clearly it's going to be a long, hard off-season, and Worlds hasn't even started yet.

Aussie Willy
03-25-2012, 02:13 AM
I can't wait to see the "puppies crying."
Is Snookie a figure skater?

overedge
03-25-2012, 02:34 AM
As far as other Canadian sports writers, I've read plenty of Canuck hype about Chan's mad SS and superhero non-gay status, not to mention the rush by many in the Canadian media to pamper Chan and take him off the backlash hook post Reuters' claptrap/ potshot/ backstabbing -- albeit Chan gave the Reuters reporter a knife and lots of ammunition.

And once again you are mistaking the opinions/bias of a few as representative of the many.

johndockley92
03-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Takahashi > Chan

Rex
03-25-2012, 03:35 AM
This kind of articles really do not help Chan win fans.

Well, the title alone might help him win some fans, although I don't think it is the demographic Team Chan is going after :shuffle:.

hirshey girl
03-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Well, the title alone might help him win some fans, although I don't think it is the demographic Team Chan is going after :shuffle:.

Well, the title didn't win me over. 6 inches? Meh. :P

Lanie
03-25-2012, 03:49 AM
My reaction to this article is something like :rofl:

aftershocks
03-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Maybe this article is in response to the article "Takahashi Can Topple Chan, Warns Japan Skating Chief" in the K&C section.

:lol: I seriously doubt Milton's Chantastic opinions are in response to remarks by Japanese fed "skating chief." In any case, since Chan has the ISU judges all sewn up ad infinitum, why shouldn't Dai be allowed to have someone from his fed speak up publicly on his behalf? About time, isn't it? Surely, its not enuf for Dai to have only his fans and the kitties in his corner. ISU judges probably aren't listening/ reading what Dai's "skating chief" said anyway -- they are too busy enjoying and perhaps guffawing a little (in spite of themselves) over Milton's superhero Chanorgasm. Does anyone think that the Canadian fed just sits twiddling their thumbs when it comes to politiking for Chan? Not that by now the Chanadian fed has to do very much anyway, as Chan's SS can speak on ITs own behalf ... so everpresent and all-consuming in ITs appetites.

...Wow, so an article can't praise Chan now? ...

You call what Milton has to say, "praise"? :rofl: If Chan got an eyeload of Milton's "article" surely he is scratching his head, maybe even blushing and avoiding looking Dai in the eyes. OTOH, hopefully fs coaches train skaters to not read media fluff/ drivel prior to or during an important competition.

Is Snookie a figure skater?

Ah, do you mean Snooki of Jersey Shore reality show fame? I've never seen the show, but I have been unable to avoid hearing references to Snooki. As I recall, even President Obama was once asked a question about Snooki. I don't know much else about Snooki, her puppies, her career or her pastimes. My "puppies" reference was nabbed from an earlier post by berthesghost:

... [Chan's] so great small puppies cry when he skates...