PDA

View Full Version : Chan Conquers Toughest Six Inches

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

Japanfan
03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Where did I say anything about Canada?

Um, the article about vomit-worthy comments in a Canadian newspaper about a Canadian skater.

My response was this was a pretty standard promotional article. If someone had made similar comments about an article gushing over Wagner or Abbot on Ice Network, I would have said exactly the same thing.

Cherub721
03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Um, the article about vomit-worthy comments in a Canadian newspaper about a Canadian skater.

My response was this was a pretty standard promotional article. If someone had made similar comments about an article gushing over Wagner or Abbot on Ice Network, I would have said exactly the same thing.

I was reacting to the comments, not the Canadianness. I would've made the same comment if Todd Eldredge said that Abbot were so superior to Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano, and Evan Lysacek that he wanted to kill himself because he'd never be so good.

Aussie Willy
03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I can understand exactly where Cranston is coming from and why he would say those things. Chan is the skater's skater. He has skills that many of past champions would die for and are envious of. He really has set a new benchmark for pure skating quality.

Japanfan
03-28-2012, 12:36 AM
I was reacting to the comments, not the Canadianness. I would've made the same comment if Todd Eldredge said that Abbot were so superior to Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano, and Evan Lysacek that he wanted to kill himself because he'd never be so good.

You should probably avoid any interviews with Toller then. This was very mild for him.

Last year he did a number of interviews when he was a judge on Battle of the Blades and doing a number of art shows across the countries. Among the things he said was "I'm embarrassed to have been a figure skater"

Really, one should never take Toller too seriously.

Emdee
03-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Totally agree with Aussie Willy.

His skating is a thing of beauty.

Coco
03-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Can't help it, this thread title makes me giggle. A lot.

shine
03-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Totally agree with Aussie Willy.

His skating is a thing of beauty.

But that means he deserves 9's and 10's for everything else too? And that nobody comes close to him in everything else?

overedge
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
But that means he deserves 9's and 10's for everything else too? And that nobody comes close to him in everything else?

He doesn't get 9s and 10s for everything he does. Have you looked at his protocols?

Aussie Willy
03-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Can't help it, this thread title makes me giggle. A lot.
Well it does tend to bring out the teenage boy in all of us. :D

bardtoob
03-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I can understand exactly where Cranston is coming from and why he would say those things. Chan is the skater's skater. He has skills that many of past champions would die for and are envious of. He really has set a new benchmark for pure skating quality.

The soundness of Patrick Chan's skating reminds me of David Jenkins, 1960 Olympic Champion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-iqzaKvxo), who I think is probably the best freeskater ever . . . :cold: . . . Uncle Dick even said that there were certain aspects of David's skating to which he would take off his hat.

ETA: Bazinga, poll idea!

Aussie Willy
03-28-2012, 02:19 AM
The soundness of Patrick Chan's skating reminds me of David Jenkins, 1960 Olympic Champion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-iqzaKvxo), who I think is probably the best freeskater ever . . . :cold: . . . Uncle Dick even said that there were certain aspects of David's skating to which he would take off his hat.

ETA: Bazinga, poll idea!
Good example. Had to laugh at the scene near the start with the nuns watching.

4rkidz
03-28-2012, 03:25 AM
He doesn't get 9s and 10s for everything he does. Have you looked at his protocols?

oh please :rolleyes: this is FSU we don't look at protocols.. or even necessarily watch the skate before we give our opinion :rofl: ;)

Aussie Willy
03-28-2012, 03:40 AM
oh please :rolleyes: this is FSU we don't look at protocols.. or even necessarily watch the skate before we give our opinion :rofl: ;)
:lol:

Ozzisk8tr
03-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Well it does tend to bring out the teenage boy in all of us. :D
It's been years since I had a teenage boy in me...

Aussie Willy
03-28-2012, 04:02 AM
It's been years since I had a teenage boy in me...I can always trust you to ...... :lol: