PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Caitlin Yankowskas & Joshua Reagan have paired up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

overedge
03-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Maybe there was WAAAY more to the split with Caitlin and John didn't air that?????

IT IS the same situation. People are just happier with the outward reason being given!

(what's with the Rep Power? I post an alternate perspective!!!!)

An alternate perspective from an alternate reality, apparently.

If you have proof otherwise, please post. Making veiled comments without any support doesn't give any credibility to your "alternate perspective".

RD
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
With Coughlin, he was trying out with Denney prior to Nats, and with his coach's knowledge. Most felt that between Y/C, Caitlin was by far the stronger of the two. Yet, Sappenfeld, their coach, was secretly working with Coughlin to replace Caitlin without Caitlin's knowledge while they were still competing as a couple. That struck many as being extremely underhanded and deceptive.

Hmm...Really? Don't remember hearing this one...

But then you had camp Denney posting rather vile things about Caitlin that could only be explained by pure vindictiveness, and that rather soured some on the whole Denney/Coughlin pairing with Sappenfeld coaching.

Really, was it Team Denney that did this? I do remember a couple of internet posters saying stuff about her but I definitely do not recall anything from D/C or their camp that was "vindictive" against CY...perhaps I missed something though.

agalisgv
03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
If you have proof otherwise, please post. Making veiled comments without any support doesn't give any credibility to your "alternate perspective". Very reminiscent of the posts coming after Caitlin was dumped (how John was a saint and Caitlin was some evil doer he had to escape from :drama:).

I think most of those posts traced back to posters affiliated with camp Denney IIRC. Makes you wonder....

Iceman
03-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Well caitlin is the one who introduced the subject----Is she naturally a blond? I would like to see both dye their hair Lucy RED. :eek: They would really stand out then.:rofl:

madm
03-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Here are the differences:

With Coughlin, he was trying out with Denney prior to Nats, and with his coach's knowledge. Most felt that between Y/C, Caitlin was by far the stronger of the two. Yet, Sappenfeld, their coach, was secretly working with Coughlin to replace Caitlin without Caitlin's knowledge while they were still competing as a couple. That struck many as being extremely underhanded and deceptive. Generally one doesn't expect a coach to work against the interests of one of the pair in such a fashion--particularly the stronger partner of the pair.

This was coupled by obviously false statements about the break-up (eg. Coughlin not sure if he wanted to continue skating while he had been skating consistently with Denny for weeks prior, Denney saying she was moving to Colorado Springs to be closer to her sister when she was really secretly skating with Coughlin, etc.). There was also the ick factor for some with Denney not yet being 18, and this clearly being a romantic relationship between the two.

But then you had camp Denney posting rather vile things about Caitlin that could only be explained by pure vindictiveness, and that rather soured some on the whole Denney/Coughlin pairing with Sappenfeld coaching.

Where do you come off saying these things?!!! Were you in Colorado Springs on the ice with the pair teams? Well, we were, and we never saw Caydee skating with John prior to Nationals. When do you think a skater training for Nationals would have time for that? He was focused on winning Nationals, not on getting a new partner. Add to that that Caydee was training in Florida with Jeremy Barrett for Nationals, and you can see that your statements are ridiculous. Caydee didn't become available until after Nationals and after she'd sliced Jeremy's leg badly while training for Four Continents.

Given that Worlds was delayed last year by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, there was more time in between Nationals and Worlds than anyone planned for. That gave John time to reflect on what he wanted to do about continuing skating, and even though he followed through with his commitment to skate at Worlds with Caitlin, he clearly had made up his mind to end the partnership after that. Whether or not he had firmly decided about retiring as well, I don't know. I'm not surprised that Dalilah would suggest trying out with another elite skater before he hung up his skates permanently. I doubt that the tryout with Caydee occured before Worlds as he was occupied with training with Caitlin for Worlds.

museksk8r
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't really know what happened personally between Caitlin, John, Caydee, and Dalilah, but I do know that between Caitlin, John, and Caydee, Yankowskas is the only one whose skating I really care to watch as she has so many elegant qualities and is the only American lady pairs skater currently who has the style of the classic, balletic, great Russian pairs skaters. Her posture, attention to details (watching her head, her always straight back, her extension to the tips of her fingers, her pointed toes); she has such impressive body lines and a light flow over the ice for an American pairs skater. Jenni Meno and Tai Babilonia as a pro are the only US ladies in the past who I think come close to her quality. Of the current US pairs ladies, I believe Caitlin has the most potential to be successful on the international world stage. I'm thrilled for her that she found a partner and that she is happy and can continue skating pairs; I've really missed seeing her on the ice!

The skating of John and Caydee to me appears labored, heavy, and unnatural in sense of style and overdone with the exaggerated facial expressions (the clown like grinning). The criticism of them as "truck drivers" on ice fits I think. Their skating does nothing for me emotionally even though they can do the "tricks." Much like people say of Rachael Flatt, these 2 offer very little to nothing except for the "tricks" and if the elements don't happen, then I am left with nothing else to take from their skating. JMO.

iceaxels
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
and I'm not commenting under any veil just saying there could be things not being said or flat out posted on FSU.

People on here tend to take everything posted as gold facts when they aren't always.

I wish both teams the best. Just pointing out that FSU does not always have all the facts and keep an open mind.

madm
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
and I'm not commenting under any veil just saying there could be things not being said or flat out posted on FSU.

People on here tend to take everything posted as gold facts when they aren't always.

I wish both teams the best. Just pointing out that FSU does not always have all the facts and keep an open mind.

Amen! When pair teams split due to injury or retirements, it's public knowledge. When they split for relationship reasons, it's not anyone else's business. Period.

Ziggy
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Here are the differences:

With Coughlin, he was trying out with Denney prior to Nats, and with his coach's knowledge. Most felt that between Y/C, Caitlin was by far the stronger of the two. Yet, Sappenfeld, their coach, was secretly working with Coughlin to replace Caitlin without Caitlin's knowledge while they were still competing as a couple. That struck many as being extremely underhanded and deceptive. Generally one doesn't expect a coach to work against the interests of one of the pair in such a fashion--particularly the stronger partner of the pair.

This was coupled by obviously false statements about the break-up (eg. Coughlin not sure if he wanted to continue skating while he had been skating consistently with Denny for weeks prior, Denney saying she was moving to Colorado Springs to be closer to her sister when she was really secretly skating with Coughlin, etc.). There was also the ick factor for some with Denney not yet being 18, and this clearly being a romantic relationship between the two.

With Caitlin and Josh, there have been no obviously false statements, no indication Kirby was secretly working with Josh to dump Ashley (actually, quite the opposite), no underage romances, and no vindictive statements thrown at Ashley.

Those are the salient differences IMO

agalisgv douze points! agalisgv douze points!

FEEL THAT FUNKY BEAT! :cheer:

When they split for relationship reasons, it's not anyone else's business. Period.

Unless they appear to be lying.

Josh has told Ashley that he wanted a partner who could focus entirely on Pairs. Which you might or might not agree with but he was honest and open about it, hence I respect his decision.

If John had told Caitlin that he wanted to skate with Caydee because she is a better jumper/turns him on/whatever other reason, than fair game to him. Again, it's something you might not agree with but it is a decision that he is entitled to.

The point where the :rolleyes: :mad: kicks in, is when somebody is saying one thing but doing another and is not being honest.

overedge
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM

Then why don't you say them, if they're so important to understanding the situation?

So is this an example of how you wish both teams the best?

He ended his partnership with Ashley in February.....just after Nationals. Caitlin was at Nationals.........hmmmm. How is this different from last year with John and Caydee?

Dave of the North
03-24-2012, 01:35 AM
I apologize; I mixed up Johnny Johns and Mr. Nicks. :lol:

:rofl:

triple_toe
03-24-2012, 04:16 AM
I don't really know what happened personally between Caitlin, John, Caydee, and Dalilah, but I do know that between Caitlin, John, and Caydee, Yankowskas is the only one whose skating I really care to watch as she has so many elegant qualities and is the only American lady pairs skater currently who has the style of the classic, balletic, great Russian pairs skaters. Her posture, attention to details (watching her head, her always straight back, her extension to the tips of her fingers, her pointed toes); she has such impressive body lines and a light flow over the ice for an American pairs skater. Jenni Meno and Tai Babilonia as a pro are the only US ladies in the past who I think come close to her quality. Of the current US pairs ladies, I believe Caitlin has the most potential to be successful on the international world stage. I'm thrilled for her that she found a partner and that she is happy and can continue skating pairs; I've really missed seeing her on the ice!

The skating of John and Caydee to me appears labored, heavy, and unnatural in sense of style and overdone with the exaggerated facial expressions (the clown like grinning). The criticism of them as "truck drivers" on ice fits I think. Their skating does nothing for me emotionally even though they can do the "tricks." Much like people say of Rachael Flatt, these 2 offer very little to nothing except for the "tricks" and if the elements don't happen, then I am left with nothing else to take from their skating. JMO.

I think Gretchen Donlan fits that as well, even moreso IMO. She's reminiscent of Katia Gordeeve in terms of looks, which adds to that too. :)

bek
03-24-2012, 04:31 AM
I kind of agree that maybe there's a bit of a double standard going on between how people reacted to the splits between different partners and Tatiana/Maxim too. But I also think there is a difference between someone being open about the fact that they are leaving their partner to find someone else, and someone saying they are retiring and then minutes later going with the partner.

Also some of it is too Max's and Josh's decision made sense, John's not so much. But it is all of their lives, and I think if john was unhappy working with Caitlynn, he had every right to leave, and it doesn't make him a bad guy. Perhaps the thing is John really didn't "owe us" an explanation.

aftershocks
03-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Good for Caitlin and Josh that their tryout was successful and their pairing is now official. I wish the best for Ashley Cain in her singles career, and I hope she will find a suitable partner if she is truly set upon continuing in pairs.

It's great that Y/R are rockin chemistry and good looks. Caitlin hopefully will go softer and lighter on the mascara, so her blue eyes can be seen. ;) Moreover, I hope Y/R will work hard at improving their individual skills in addition to developing their strengths as a pair. Caitlin definitely can improve her technical skills and Josh needs to work on developing more stretch, flexibility and expressiveness -- maybe Caitlin will inspire Josh to do some off-ice ballet training. As a pair, Y/R certainly seem to have great potential, along with a super spectacular coaching/ choreo team.

triple_toe
03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Partnerships break up, people want to skate with other people, it happens. The reason John received so much vitriol, IMHO, is because it wasn't played off as a simple change in partners; he said he was retiring (or at least that was the impression people got) and then magically came out of retirement to skate with Caydee. I don't think he would have been as maligned had he come out and said "I feel I need to change partners."