PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Caitlin Yankowskas & Joshua Reagan have paired up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

tlk
03-23-2012, 04:49 AM
Glad to hear this. Good luck to them! I'm looking forward to seeing them compete.

stjeaskategym
03-23-2012, 07:53 AM
It caught me too. The whole article so positive and everything, then this makes me think the only good thing to say about the new partnership is.... Hair and eye color? :)

Maybe she meant it like, "We're such a perfect match, right down to our hair and eye color."

They've only been skating together a few days, so there's not much to say about the partnership. It's not like they can say, "We have such great chemistry on the ice" or "We both have a great work ethic" or "We have great unison" because they really haven't skated together yet.

Vash01
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Ashley Cain / Joshua Reagan FS US Nationals 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-IzIVU9WQ)

Ashley looks really tall for a pairs skater- or is Josh too short for a pairs partner? May be it will work out better with Caitlyn. I feel bad for Ashley though. I hope she can either find another partner or has success in singles.

Cyn
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Congratulations to Caitlin and Joshua! :cheer2:

I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop as a team and watching them compete :).

beepbeep
03-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Great for Caitlin and Joshua!!! :cheer:

I am too looking forward to watching them compete.
Hopefully this is an american pair I might enjoy, since I simply can't watch D/C and the others that look good go on making mistake after mistake... I'll go hide now :slinkaway

winterone
03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Training in Canton Michigan? This is one of the best places for DANCE. Not pairs. I wonder about that. So they essentially will be training alone. Filling in as second fiddle for Prime ICE. The Chor will be great.

Frau Muller
03-23-2012, 12:41 PM
They will make an extraordinarily beautiful couple on the ice. Yes - looks do count. Athletic ability + Beauty = Winners. Congratulations, Caitlin & Josh!

seabm7
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Ashley looks really tall for a pairs skater- or is Josh too short for a pairs partner? May be it will work out better with Caitlyn. I feel bad for Ashley though. I hope she can either find another partner or has success in singles.

I just checked Ashley's wikipedia entry. She is listed as 5 ft 5 1/2 in. It will not be easy for her to find a new partner. :(

bek
03-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Training in Canton Michigan? This is one of the best places for DANCE. Not pairs. I wonder about that. So they essentially will be training alone. Filling in as second fiddle for Prime ICE. The Chor will be great.

Well Zoueva did work with the greatest Pairs team of all time (of course as more of a choreographer but still.) She knows a little something about pairs, don't you think? I'm glad she's starting to get into pairs.

VarBar
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
OMG I am so happy for Caitlin. :cheer2: Best of luck to the new pair.

nylynnr
03-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Well Zoueva did work with the greatest Pairs team of all time (of course as more of a choreographer but still.) She knows a little something about pairs, don't you think? I'm glad she's starting to get into pairs.

Marina Zoueva worked with pairs in Ottawa, including Wirtz and Wirtz, prior to moving to Detroit. This, added to her experience in Russia and with G & G, adds up to quite a bit of pairs' experience.

merrywidow
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Didn't Ashley Cain just place 2nd at Jr. Nationals, 2012 behind Gracie Gold?

Sylvia
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Didn't Ashley Cain just place 2nd at Jr. Nationals, 2012 behind Gracie Gold?
Yes, she skated very well at Nationals (her best singles competition of the season) and should be returning to the JGP in singles this coming season.

aka_gerbil
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Marina Zoueva worked with pairs in Ottawa, including Wirtz and Wirtz, prior to moving to Detroit. This, added to her experience in Russia and with G & G, adds up to quite a bit of pairs' experience.

More recently, she also worked with Castile/Okolski, who were coached by Johnny Johns. I'd actually say that overall, she's spent more years working with pairs than she has dance teams.

5Ali3
03-23-2012, 04:47 PM

More recently, she also worked with Castile/Okolski, who were coached by Johnny Johns. I'd actually say that overall, she's spent more years working with pairs than she has dance teams.

Zoueva and Johns' experience coaching pairs is so extensive that I won't bother listing the dozens of successful and top teams that they've coached. Johns has been one of the top pair coaches in the U.S. over the past 30 years, and Zoueva has significant experience working with pairs.

(For those who are unaware, Johns was the main pair coach at Detroit Skating Club through the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s; he followed Zoueva to Arctic following the 2006 Olympics.)