PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 10 (Billy Joel Night with P. Diddy As Mentor, Of Course)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

PRlady
03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Elise is singing this song like she believes it but her voice veers off-key too often. It's a shame, she's got an expressive instrument there.

soxxy
03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
I would have liked to see Elise in the bell bottoms.

Smiley0884
03-22-2012, 01:05 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, just wanted to chime in really quick to say the judges are officially disgusting. Zero respect for any of them. Erika killed it, and they refused to acknowledge her brilliance. One week she's over singing, the next she's under signing? WTF? REALLY? :blah: I miss Paula and Simon. They were full of crap at times too, but never this horrific. :scream: These three clowns are SO scripted it's embarrassing.

Allskate
03-22-2012, 01:06 AM
I hear so much Lady Gaga in Elise's voice, I love it.

I think GaGa's voice is a bit richer and not as hoarse or harsh. Elise's voice is more like Joplin's, but she doesn't really wail like Joplin. I don't think her voice is really well suited for Billy Joel.

PeterG
03-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Am I the only one who can't understand a word DeAndre is singing?

He sounds like he suspended a game of chubby bunny to sing this performance.

That's too bad because he was really happy about his song choice.

i really like erika's singing, but i really hate this song too.

I like a few Billy Joel songs, and Deandre destroyed the one I like best with his mindless mumble.

I didn't like the interpretation, it was "too big" for this song.

I like the song Joshua sang, but I didn't care for his interpretation. I like the quieter version.

:wall: :mad: :wall: :revenge: :wall: :blah: :wall: :soapbox: :wall: :angryfire :wall: :wuzrobbed :wall:

shan
03-22-2012, 01:11 AM
(((PeterG)))

kylet3
03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
I think Philip is kind of adorable for a southern boy. Tommy Hilfiger... "You Need Help" :lol:

Fridge_Break
03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
:rolleyes: Tommy Hilfinger.

kylet3
03-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Leave it to P-Diddy to get him groupies :rofl:

soxxy
03-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Phillip Phillip's interpretation of Movin' Out didn't especially work for me....it dragged. I like his voice, though.

Fridge_Break
03-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Phillip is going to win this season. He's cute, he plays guitar, he has a penis. All the requirements to win this show these days.

soxxy
03-22-2012, 01:18 AM
So anything Phillip does for the rest of the season to any song will be fine, because he makes it his own. Got it.

Allskate
03-22-2012, 01:20 AM
:wall: :mad: :wall: :revenge: :wall: :blah: :wall: :soapbox: :wall: :angryfire :wall: :wuzrobbed :wall:

I'm sure you'll love everyone tonight. Even Phillip. ;)

If someone wants a career in the music industry and are not familiar with the work of Billy Joel, I'd be okay if they fail consistently throughout their career. It's like saying you don't know any music by Fleetwood Mac or Linda Ronstadt. :rolleyes:

But half of these contestants are teenagers. Not only were they not around when he sang, but they haven't had time to familarize themselves will all the successful singers. They probably don't know Fleetwood Mac or Linda Ronstadt. Or Lionel Richie or Frank Sinatra or the Bee Gees or the Rolling Stones or Loretta Lynn . . . Especially if it's not a genre they're interested in.

shan
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I enjoyed Phillip's performance, particularly toward the end. I had to :lol: at Tommy not wanting him to wear gray. Wasn't Skylar wearing a gray top?

And what was Randy rambling on about when he said something like "Those who can, do and you can so you did"??? :huh:

PeterG
03-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Erika with a brand new do rocking "New York State of Mind."

Phillip Phillip's interpretation of Movin' Out...

:respec: :D :respec: :summer: :respec: :cool: :respec: :kickass: :respec: :cheer: :respec: :rockstar: :respec: :cheer2: :respec: