PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 10 (Billy Joel Night with P. Diddy As Mentor, Of Course)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Sassafras
03-23-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm so done with this show. I'll finish the season because I like these singers, but this is it for me.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the season :blah:

flyingsit
03-23-2012, 02:07 AM
I think they didn't save her because she's been in the bottom on a regular basis, plus she was a wild card to begin with. We like her, but she didn't get votes. I actually think that they should only be able to save someone the first time they are in the bottom; if they keep hitting the stools, let the votes make the decision.

Fridge_Break
03-23-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the season :blah:

Same here. :blah: I was frustrated with the bottom 3 last week, and while Deandre and Heejun were rightfully down there tonight, the fact that they got more votes than Erika who has WAY more talent than either of them has pretty much driven me over the edge. I'm glad I'm not going to have to catch up with Survivor the day after it airs now.

haribobo
03-23-2012, 03:08 AM
I think they didn't save her because she's been in the bottom on a regular basis, plus she was a wild card to begin with. We like her, but she didn't get votes. I actually think that they should only be able to save someone the first time they are in the bottom; if they keep hitting the stools, let the votes make the decision.

I agree with this. I knew Erika was likely dunzo the second she started singing in what, the second performance of the night? The new haircut was nice enough but made her look 10-15 years older :shuffle: , the version of her song was shlocky and nothing new, and on top of all of it, she had been in the bottom 3 every week and that's after getting wildcard in. She needed to show real originality and that wasn't it last night- the best thing she did on this show was the snippet of the Pink song in Hollywood week, and since then its all been a little ho-hum for me, albeit in tune and all that. She's just not original or exciting enough and seemed clueless about picking songs to show off her rock side. I think also there was some major vote splitting going on between her and Elise for the mature older rock/jazz singer vote and Elise clearly had a moment last night for me that Erika didn't (although it seems that FSU disagrees). All that being said, I thought Erika was fantastic in her singoff tonight, but she was out of favor by this point after too many safe and samey songs.

Complain about Heejun all you want, guys, but I think he was fun last night and had some moments where his voice sounded pretty cool- he did just the right thing for himself although I don't see him lasting all that much longer. I think all 4 girls left are incredible and control their destiny. Heejun, Deandre, and Joshua should probably be the next 3 to go but anything can happen on this show- Hollie could pick a really treacly boring ballad and ruin her shot, Elise could be forced to pick another song that doesn't suit her, and Skylar has been on a bit of a downward trend lately- but I love all 3 and am rooting for them along with Jessica and Phillip. I'm not a huge Colton fan but I've accepted that he'll be around til top 5 at least.

my little pony
03-23-2012, 03:14 AM
erika was my favorite girl but im old and dont text fast. im not sure why they extended the age to 29 or whatever since the format is rather cheesy for the older contestants. the younger ones can get away with it better.

i think heyjun is borderline creepy so he isnt going anywhere

birdgal
03-23-2012, 03:19 AM
erika was my favorite girl but im old and dont text fast. im not sure why they extended the age to 29 or whatever since the format is rather cheesy for the older contestants. the younger ones can get away with it better.

i thin heyjun is borderline creepy so he isnt going anywhere

I also think that Heejun is creepy, nothing borderline about it.

Allskate
03-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Poor PeterG can't even look forward to people saying good thinks about Erika next week. At least she got a new hairstyle out of it and will get to go on tour.

i think heyjun is borderline creepy so he isnt going anywhere

Is he the Vote For the Worst pick?

Who is Jimmy's stylist for the show?

I think Jimmy is looking for someone who is eager to be Interscope's puppet. He's very manipulative. I think he knew exactly who his third horse was going to be when he made that comment last week, and I'm guessing they've already decided who they're going to promote next week, so the audience doesn't think that the final two are a foregone conclusion. My guess is they'll go with Hollie next week.

skateboy
03-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Complain about Heejun all you want, guys, but I think he was fun last night and had some moments where his voice sounded pretty cool- he did just the right thing for himself although I don't see him lasting all that much longer.

This. Heejun is already a star. He will be more famous and successful than whomever it is a year from now, who we're trying to remember won Idol 2012.

fenway2
03-23-2012, 05:10 AM
This. Heejun is already a star. He will be more famous and successful than whomever it is a year from now, who we're trying to remember won Idol 2012. :rofl:

fenway2
03-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Is he the Vote For the Worst pick? Yeah but he was picked after the performances yesterday so you can't really blame/credit the site for him being safe.

BaileyCatts
03-23-2012, 06:40 AM
I knew Erika would be:

1) the lowest vote getter and a goner
2) they would not use the save on her

BECAUSE:

1) The kids ain't voting for her and never did (and majority its the kids who are the ones who control the vote since they sit up and vote non-stop for 2 hours). I know Idol's age limit is 29. I'm sorry but she looks much older than that. And the makeover made her look even older (to me). If you showed me that video of her makeover look, and I didn't know what her real age was, I would have guessed about 40. To the tweens, voting for Erika would be like voting for their mom. Wasn't.ever.gonna.happen. I knew she would be out within 3 shows at the most.

2) There was no way in hell they were going to ever use the save on her at only 10th place. They won't use it until either the final week they are allowed to use it (which is what, Top 6?), or the week before. So 9th, 8th and high probability of 7th ... no save for them.

And final reason I knew she would be out .... American Idol is not a singing competition ... its a popularity contest. And Erika was never popular (with the core voters of this show), plain and simple. Elise is likely next to go cause the tweens love Heejun and Deandre. I'm very surprised she wasn't in the bottom 3 tonight.

haribobo
03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah but he was picked after the performances yesterday so you can't really blame/credit the site for him being safe.

They helped him this week- they picked him immediately after the show or possibly even during it so the VFTW crew knew who to vote for.

cruisin
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
The sad part is that Heejun can sing. However, Wednesday night, he didn't hit one note right. And he made a fool of himself. As has been said, on the show, he has to decide what he wants to be - a comedian or a singer. Both ain't working.

haribobo
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
The sad part is that Heejun can sing. However, Wednesday night, he didn't hit one note right. And he made a fool of himself. As has been said, on the show, he has to decide what he wants to be - a comedian or a singer. Both ain't working.

Well the singing treacly ballads is what he does best, and its not going to win him the comp no matter what, I think he knows that, and he knows his time is limited so he figures, why not do something fun and lively? I don't think he has to decide what to be- he just has to be Heejun and ride this out until it inevitably ends in a week or two. I don't think he made a fool out of himself anymore than Tim Urban or Jon Peter Lewis ever did. It's fine. This is American Idol. You have to break out and do something a lil silly sometimes.

snoopysnake
03-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I knew Erika would be:

... I know Idol's age limit is 29. I'm sorry but she looks much older than that. And the makeover made her look even older (to me). If you showed me that video of her makeover look, and I didn't know what her real age was, I would have guessed about 40. To the tweens, voting for Erika would be like voting for their mom.

You got that right! It looks like the Ford video was made before Erika's makeover. (Why couldn't they have given her a Lucy Van Pelt hairdo instead?) If she was in another Ford video, they'd have to have her driving the kids around in the minivan!