PDA

View Full Version : Mirai Nagasu

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

skatingfan12
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
I haven't heard much from Mirai Nagasu since Nationals, where she looked so uninspired and her mind was anywhere but competing. She has so much natural talent and it should be her time to shine now, but it definitely gone that way.

It seems like a lot of fans have written her off, but has USFSA given up on her? Has she given up on herself? Does she still plan to compete even with disappointing performances the last two years? Is she still working with Frank Carroll?

She has so much talent, but seems negative about herself. I feel like she needs to see a sports psychologist to get her in the right frame of mind.

sk9tingfan
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
The only news that I have heard about her is that she will be skating in the Ice Chips show next weekend in Boston. Since Evan will be skating as well, maybe she is using this time and contact with Evan to get her act together.

http://www.icechips.org/about

RumbleFish
03-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Mirai who?

modern_muslimah
03-21-2012, 02:37 AM
There hasn't been any news recently about Mirai. Here's the thread that was started on Mirai after Nationals:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3492208&highlight=mirai#post3492208

berthesghost
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Mirai who?:lol:

Honestly, what's with all of the angst? She's hardly the first talented us skater to end their season at nats. I mean come'on Harding left behind for tonia k and Lisa I :scream: if she's smart, she'll take this as a wake up call and realize that she isn't THE only talented skater the us has. I'm hoping. Unfortunately, she has usually taken the bobeck/bonaly/bowman "I'm doing it my way" approach in the past, so :shuffle:

carriemarie
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
This^^ She does remind me of Bobek in many ways- at least her coaching has remained constant!

kwanatic
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm going to choose to be optimistic about Mirai's crappy 2011-2012 season. I'm going to say that she was off this year and that she will return next year ready to prove her late season performances in 2010 were not a fluke (nats, olys, sp at worlds). I'm going to believe that she is working hard on connecting with her skating again...that she's searching for that carefree feeling she had back in 2008; that fighting spirit she found in 2009; and that joyful spark she had in 2010.

I choose to believe that she's not finished with this sport yet and that she has a lot to offer. I believe that, across the board when she's on, she's still the most talented skater in the country and I'm going to believe that she finally believes that too and that next season she's going to prove it. She's going to get out of her own head and perform and skate like she knows she can.

I'm going to choose to be optimistic about all of this just b/c I honestly don't know what's up with her right now. I'm going to remain hopeful that these are her goals for the summer and that we'll see a refreshed and motivated skater next season...that's what I choose to believe anyway...

Sasha'sSpins
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Mirai who?

:rolleyes:

I'm going to choose to be optimistic about Mirai's crappy 2011-2012 season. I'm going to say that she was off this year and that she will return next year ready to prove her late season performances in 2010 were not a fluke (nats, olys, sp at worlds). I'm going to believe that she is working hard on connecting with her skating again...that she's searching for that carefree feeling she had back in 2008; that fighting spirit she found in 2009; and that joyful spark she had in 2010.

I choose to believe that she's not finished with this sport yet and that she has a lot to offer. I believe that, across the board when she's on, she's still the most talented skater in the country and I'm going to believe that she finally believes that too and that next season she's going to prove it. She's going to get out of her own head and perform and skate like she knows she can.

I'm going to choose to be optimistic about all of this just b/c I honestly don't know what's up with her right now. I'm going to remain hopeful that these are her goals for the summer and that we'll see a refreshed and motivated skater next season...that's what I choose to believe anyway...

^^^
THIS!

icellist
03-21-2012, 09:35 PM
i for one have never given up hope at this girl with spunk. may she be successful at what ever she does. plus, ice is slippery. i fractured my tibia the first time i tried skating and still tried it again. likewise, she will always have a future (but I hope it's in skating).

<i also sekretly hope for better choreography and see her at WTT>

Wyliefan
03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Mirai who?

That was crossing the line, IMHO.

DimaToe
03-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Mirai who?

The one that used to take my breath away :swoon:, I hope she can be able to do that again someday :(

sk9tingfan
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
The one that used to take my breath away :swoon:, I hope she can be able to do that again someday :(

I still have her Olympic performances on my DVR and watch them periodically because they were so magical. Most magical of all was her 2010 Nationals' SP! Hopefully she can have the same type of resurgence that Caroline Zhang has achieved.

Jarrett
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Mirai who?

Hahaha. :lol:

winterone
03-21-2012, 11:23 PM

So you give her an off year? Sounds Generous.

RD
03-21-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm going to say that [Nagasu] was off this year and that she will return next year ready to prove her late season performances in 2010 were not a fluke (nats, olys, sp at worlds). I'm going to believe that she is working hard on connecting with her skating again...that she's searching for that carefree feeling she had back in 2008; that fighting spirit she found in 2009; and that joyful spark she had in 2010.

that's what I thought would happen after last season...:shuffle: