PDA

View Full Version : Simonenko's interview with Platov `Wish I were coaching the Russian skaters'

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Garden Kitty
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the translation. I'd love to see him coaching some additional teams.

CoyoteChris
03-31-2012, 06:24 AM
The word he uses translated by google translate as (http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B1%D0%B5%D1%81) : booby, mug, bonehead, lardhead. Not idiots. My assumption (aka it is not written in the interview, just me jumping to a conclusion): he means the gap between a beginner ice dancer and a 2 times olympic champion - the level of explanation his coaches went into explaining things to him and how much he had to elucidate to explain things to his students.
TAHbKA, thanks....I think he was just venting his frustration at the situation.
I know as a teacher that sometimes one gets students who dont appreciate what you are trying to do for them and thats hard.....I would rather have a student who does try hard and does appreciate what I am attempting to do for them anyday....wonder who told him his work was rubbish? He should get back at them by writing a book on all the Russian ice dance love triangles he has seen!!!! :lol:

Really
03-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Very interesting interview...thanks for the translation!