PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race 3/18 - "Uglier Than a Mud Rail Fence"

Pages : [1] 2

Fridge_Break
03-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Starts in 10 minutes in the East. NCAA basketball ran over.

Cheering for Brenchel to get lost and lose!

rjblue
03-19-2012, 12:57 AM
It's almost over here. I know how Brenchel is doing.

Prancer
03-19-2012, 01:58 AM
LOL at the episode title. My dad had no interest in skating at all, but one day he happened to come across me watching an interview with Scott Hamilton and said, "That boy is uglier than a mud rail fence in a hard rain."

:lol:

Too bad about the elimination; I liked them. I have no idea who to pick next for Beefy's :EVILLE: game; aside from Border Patrol (or maybe beside them), none of them are impressing me with their competence at challenges.

Fridge_Break
03-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Sad, I liked Kerri & Stacy. :( They had a spunk about them that made them fun.

I loved seeing "Rachel & Brendon: Currently in last place" for once on my screen. It's a major pity that everyone else went to the wrong castle. I couldn't help but laugh when he slipped his ashpan at the pit stop mat. :lol:

Art & JJ are clearly the best racers this season. If they don't win then I'll be really surprised. They're not my favorite team and they definitely won't be my favorite team, but they've got the goods to knock off Brenchel, so I shall cheer for them.

Rather liking Joey & Danny, I didn't think I would from the start. I still like Vanessa & Ralph (another team I thought I wouldn't like) but that'll evaporate quickly if they keep up the bickering. They probably really should get eliminated before she actually does murder him.

Lederhosen :rofl:

BaileyCatts
03-19-2012, 06:36 AM
I think the Border Patrol are good racers as well, but they really need to stop talking about how great they are doing, because that's usually the kiss of death. I keep waiting for the big screw up that all that talk is leading up to. Never talk like that on TAR, even if its true. Bad things happen when you do. :lol:

Twilight1
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I think the only reason why I liked Brenchel on Big Brother was because they alligned wih Jeff and Jordan...well more Jordan than Jeff. I wish they would get elliminated.

Rogue
03-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Can you imagine any other team having as much fun with the yodeling? That was a riot.

skatesindreams
03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Can you imagine any other team having as much fun with the yodeling? That was a riot.

They know that the race is providing them with opportunities they would never have the chance to experience without it.
I was so happy that they improved their position, despite the extra task.

Beefcake
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode, but I wasn't feeling any mystery. As genevieve said in the Suicide thread, the editors showed their hands in the first five minutes ... we knew that the Mississippi girls were heading toward the exit as soon as they started waxing poetic about their kids and such.

They did well, though, as 8th was quite possibly an overachievement for them ... not great with challenges and downright awful with directions.

:P BBRachel saying they're heading to "Bolivia" vice "Bavaria". For chrissakes. Well, she was tolerable this episode, got to say, and I did enjoy Brendon falling - cartoon like - onto the hay at the pitstop.

:lol: Next week's preview with Bopper talking about how the hairy BPAs need a shave. (Yowsers, yes, those were some hairy backs, but that local/[spa assistant?] the clip showed, with the yellow teeth and Saddam mustache, was even hairier.) Hopefully, we'll be seeing the other guys in equally state-of-undress. I can look away during Bopper and Mark's turn.

Bev Johnston
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
What a fun episode! So much to love.

I loved the tinkly music played everytime someone mentioned "fairy tale"... I loved the tasks... The beard guys were awesome... Yodeling was hilarious.... I personally love mountains, snow and ice, got plenty of that.... Some suspense with the castle screw ups and Gnome Curling and getting lost and hyperventilation...

But my absolute favorite, favorite thing about this episode was the shot they did each time a team came into that barn to check in. Phil and greeter at the end of a long line of cows, and the cows looked at the door every single time. I found that charming and hilarious.

My only wish is that Rachel would've been the one to fall in the poop and then get eliminated. Oh well. I guess you can't have everything.

Go Tools!! They are quickly becoming my favorites, along with the LadyGents. I was happy to see them make the cut.

KHenry14
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Funny how the most difficult challenge was finding the right castle!!!

No matter how this ends up, I think I can guarantee that Mark and Bopper will be back on TAR at some point. They can race and they are hilarious!

Tinami Amori
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Funny how the most difficult challenge was finding the right castle!!!

It was not about "finding", it's about "knowing or learning" basic history.

The key words in the challenge were "find King Ludwig's bedroom".

King Ludwig built the Neuschwanstein Castle (the right one).

King Maximilian II of Bavaria and Maria of Prussia built the Hohenschwangau Castle (the wrong one).

Then naturally: King Ludwig = Neuschwanstein Castle

Rogue
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Or just be a Disney fan - most Disney fans know the Sleeping Beauty's castle was modelled after Neuschwanstein.

Beefcake
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Props to you, Tinami, :P for having all that knowledge and history in you, and being able to conjure it up without referring to Wikipedia or what-not.

You are superior to not all these ignorant American racers, but to multiple locals who pointed the racers to the wrong castle when asked "which is the 'Sleeping Beauty' castle?"

Impromptu
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I travelled in Bavaria several years ago, and wandered around Munich with some natives of the city. Every time we reached a statue, I asked them who the statue was of, and they kept saying "It is Maximilian." I finally noted that he must have been very popular, and was told,

"Well, perhaps, but in truth, we do not know who these statues are of, but there were a lot of Maximilians, so we universally call them all Max."