PDA

View Full Version : Curling - World Women's Champioships

Pages : [1] 2 3

clarie
03-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I know we have some curling fans here and it begins tonight, so lets get started :)

Skate Talker
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Cheering for China! - except when they play Canada.

clarie
03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeh.....Go Heather and team Canada!!!!!

pat c
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Big day for Canada today, they curl against China and SUI? Must win games for them.

judgejudy27
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
The China-Swiss game didnt look any good from the bits they showed and from the percentages. I think this is the perfect time for Canada to play both and be 3-0 with atleast half of the tough teams already out of the way.

Skate Talker
03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I noticed that the curlcast live scoring has Denmark abbreviated as DNK - isn't it usually always DEN? Just looks weird to me. So spoiled from the Canadian championship coverage of every draw that I don't like only getting the World games that Canada participates in. Even worse, we will only see about half of the Canadian Men's games from Basel.

Does anyone have an alternate livestream that isn't geo-blocked?

kylet3
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I think China moving Yan Zhou from lead to third was a big mistake on their part. Qingshuang Yue had played third in the past so I thought it made sense to put her in that position, but to see her as 5th, I think it's going to be a difficult week for China. Switzerland played a solid game last night but the ice conditions favor Canada and the crowd as well. I think the scorers may have been a tad generous last night with Canada based on the mistakes I saw from Beth and Heather, Jessica was awesome and Laine solid as well, If Canada comes through today with 2 wins I think they are off to the races, but it's a VERY big if right now.

pat c
03-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I agree Kyle. Nedohin has to settle down, I'd be surprised if her stats were 60%. Canada won that one because the US allowed the 3 ender in the 8th end. I think Canada still would have won it, but it would have been close.

China has no qualms about changing players, if it doesn't go well for them today, I wouldn't be surprised to see them change their line up.

pat c
03-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I noticed that the curlcast live scoring has Denmark abbreviated as DNK - isn't it usually always DEN? Just looks weird to me. So spoiled from the Canadian championship coverage of every draw that I don't like only getting the World games that Canada participates in. Even worse, we will only see about half of the Canadian Men's games from Basel.

Does anyone have an alternate livestream that isn't geo-blocked?

http://www.tsn.ca/curling/feature/?id=1085

It says it has it streaming live on their website. I haven't tried it, but maybe it'll work.

clarie
03-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Team Canada needs to get their sh*t together....in particular the 2nd....she couldn't make most of her shots today and it was pretty bad. Good thing China had their mistakes as well. It was not a pretty game.

kylet3
03-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Team Canada hasn't been perfect, not by any stretch. I think Heather is still settling into her emotions and getting used to the ice and the rocks. I think the first real test comes tonight against Ott and the Swiss. They have been playing better than they have in quite some time. Even with her shaky delivery Mirjam is still finding ways to win. It's going to come down to the final end and the difference will be good shotmaking. Canada has to be on top of it in order to win.

kylet3
03-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow, how Canada escaped with that win is beyond me... Mirjam got that last shot outside and it never came back for her unfortunately but I've lost a few games like that so it does happen. Reminds me of her Olympic semi-final where she had to hit and stick for the extra end and she rolled out. 3-0 against the teams she started against should get them off and going now though.

kylet3
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
The surprise of the event has to be Korea :eek: They beat Scotland this morning and are now up 5 on the USA. Their mechanics are super solid and apparently the strategy has improved ten-fold from where they were last year. In other news, what a wild game going on between the Canada and the CZE. Czechs got up 5 on Canada after a nice shot in two, but I think the experience or lack thereof is really showing up in this game. They've given up the big steals in the last couple ends but if they continue to work they will be in contention in the future. This is really encouraging for Korea for 2018 as well.

pat c
03-20-2012, 03:40 AM
All right the game against Denmark was dismal. We quit watching. But why is Amy Nixon curling?

Prancer
03-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Is the existing thread talking about curling championships not good enough for all of you?