PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 12 (11??) - Wednesday March 14th & Thursday March 15th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

PeterG
03-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Jermaine Jones will no longer be on American Idol as he lied on his application to producers about his past...

Jermaine Jones Disqualified From American Idol For Hiding Violent Past (http://www.rickey.org/jermaine-jones-disqualified-from-american-idol-for-hiding-violent-past/)

Jermaine Jones Twitter Account Deleted (http://www.rickey.org/jermaine-jones-twitter-account-deleted/)

Jermaine Jones is now in Philadelphia (http://www.rickey.org/jermaine-jones-is-now-in-philadelphia/)

How jaded am I in that almost my first thought was "this was set up from the beginning, the producers gave him $50,000 or whatever to appear on the show and in week two, the news will 'leak' and we'll kick you off the show and provide you with a nice cheque"? :(

BaileyCatts
03-14-2012, 11:29 PM
No more jaded than I be then 'cause I thought the same thing. :lol:

Won't miss 'em. He was never going to get past the Top 10 anyway. Never would have given him the wild card slot either.

skatemommy
03-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Only 11 songs are listed on the AI site on Facebook. Don't know who is singing what (per my tweener, else I'd link...)

PeterG
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM
American Idol was the number one show on TV last week (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-weekly-ratings,0,7508066.htmlstory). American Idol was also the number two show on TV last week! :cheer2: The Wednesday show had almost two million more viewers than the #3 show (The Voice). Americal Idol easily beat "The Big Bang Theory" (which came in at #5 for the week), besting that show by almost four million viewers.

I love how people keep talking about how American Idol is plummeting in the ratings, yet year after year it stays at #1 (and #2). It's kind of like how for x years people keep talking about the troubled relationship Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have. Yet year after year, they're still together. :)

Won't miss 'em. He was never going to get past the Top 10 anyway. Never would have given him the wild card slot either.

I thought Jeremiah was quite good. He had a soothing, melodic voice. I did however, keep hoping someone would give him a makeover. That scraggly facial hair... :yikes:

kylet3
03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Philip with another good performance but after a while they all start to sound the same... or is that just me with this sinus infection?

soxxy
03-15-2012, 12:25 AM
I think Jessica is off, not the best song for her. The background singers are used way too much.

Stephen Tyler is criticizing her, and Jennifer?? I'm shocked.

PRlady
03-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Lazy girl that I am, I don't tune in til top 10 and I missed the first one. But despite the criticism on Jessica, I like her, the girl has a voice and real presence.

PrincessLeppard
03-15-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm at parent-teacher conferences, so I'm going to whine like the West Coasters :P and demand more details. :mitchell:

PeterG
03-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm at parent-teacher conferences, so I'm going to whine like the West Coasters :P and demand more details. :mitchell:

He sounded good singing that song.

She should not have chosen that song.

I liked him doing that kind of song.

She will definitely move forward if she keeps covering those types of songs.

That's what the East Coasters have said so far. Was it helpful? :)

soxxy
03-15-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't think Heejun connected at all with that song, it was a bad song for him and pitchy.

PRlady
Chinese nerd guy is cute but even I could hear his breathing was all over the place in that song. Meh.

kylet3
That was :yikes: for Heejun. Really rough

PrincessLeppard
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
That's what the East Coasters have said so far. Was it helpful? :)

No, it was not. :drama:

I don't think Heejun connected at all with that song, it was a bad song for him and pitchy.

And this was not helpful either! What song? Why is life so difficult? :drama:

4rkidz
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
I didn't think Heejun was that bad :shuffle: I would still vote for him.. I think he is so cute..plus so many entertainers are not brilliant singers but have great personalities.. this isn't the voice - it's Idol.. :cool:

4rkidz
03-15-2012, 12:42 AM
No, it was not. :drama:

And this was not helpful either! What song? Why is life so difficult? :drama:

not sure what the song was called - something about 'waiting for you' :shuffle: But he was rather breathy doing it.. and it did seem a little awkward but in the interview afterwards he said he was thinking of his girlfriend who was also in the audience.. then quickly mentioned 20% was for Jennifer Lopez and 10% for Fergie :lol: He was also dressed in a suit that was tight and small fitting in like a violet colour - with large plastic glasses that clashed .. how's that for details :D