PDA

View Full Version : Amber Corwin on My Fair Wedding?!

Pages : 1 [2]

RFOS
03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Amber Corwin discussion aside, the mechanics of the toe jump do not really involve any pre-rotation.

Pre-rotation is only a natural occurrence that you can't get around on the edge jumps.

To the largest degree on the loop to a lesser degree on the salchow and axel.

The toe pick would have to pivot at least some to initiate the rotation for a toe jump, but for a triple jump it would have to happen really quickly and shouldn't be obvious in real time (unlike for my single lutz that I saw on video once, where the mechanics were so slow that the prerotation was embarrassingly and glaringly obvious :yikes: ). I agree that loops would probably tend have the most pre-rotation though. In order to get an underrotation or downgrade call, it needs to be obvious in real time (I'm sure lots of jumps that look fine in real time would be called underrotated if they could be looked at frame by frame, which I assume is why they don't allow that -- if I had a program that could do that, I'd be interested in that. Hmm, I should try to find one. :shuffle: I've already done several nerdy screencap analyses ;)).

What did you think of Amber's combination from 2006? What GOE would you give?

Aaron W
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Someone needs to upload her short program from the 2004 Nationals. It's my favorite Corwin performance! :cheer2:

Sylvia
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Last night there was a new episode of My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, and Amber was on the episode as one of the bridesmaids of Taylor Strook. The theme was a Mad Men wedding so all of the wedding party got to do a photo shoot in the 60s style. It took place in California.

The show is on the WE channel if anyone wants to check it out. Amber appears later in the episode. She didn't say anything other than "I feel like a princess" when she got to wear her cool bridesmaid dress. But they showed her a lot.
Corwin can be seen in this 2.5 minute video: http://www.wetv.com/my-fair-wedding/videos/my-fair-wedding-mad-men-shoot

skatesindreams
03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
She looks great in the videoclip.
You can tell that she is accustomed to posing.

leafygreens
03-16-2012, 02:07 AM
I was wondering how Taylor knows Amber (skating related?) We'll probably never know... :lol:

Rex
03-16-2012, 02:27 AM
I was gonna make my FSU name ACCL - for Amber Corwin's Cheated Lutz, but thought it too mean.

I'm waiting for her to design her own clothing line - Johnny did it without a degree, and she has one in fashion, does she not? C'mon Amber - we're waiting.