PDA

View Full Version : "All That Skate Spring 2012" (May 4 -6)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

spikydurian
05-12-2012, 07:33 AM
^^ Thanks puretea for diligently posting all the pictures and vids to share with us.

spiral9509
05-12-2012, 04:01 PM
"Jin-Seo's D-Day", a documentary about Jin-Seo Kim who showed brilliant performances at All That Skate Spring 2012.

Jin-Seo is the reigning Korean National Champion.
He got triple axel and won the nationals after three year figure skating career.

The documentary includes not only his daily life as a figure skater but also backstage interviews and practice footages at ATSSp 2012.

I am sorry that there is no translation yet,
but you can find Yuna Kim, Carolina Kostner, Stephane Lambiel and Patrick Chan's practice at the latter part.

Enjoy!!!

http://youtu.be/LGsufcCNgZg

spikydurian
05-12-2012, 11:48 PM
"Jin-Seo's D-Day", a documentary about Jin-Seo Kim who showed brilliant performances at All That Skate Spring 2012.

Jin-Seo is the reigning Korean National Champion.
He got triple axel and won the nationals after three year figure skating career.

The documentary includes not only his daily life as a figure skater but also backstage interviews and practice footages at ATSSp 2012.
http://youtu.be/LGsufcCNgZg
Thanks spiral. Jin-Seo is a sweetie and a talent. To reach that level after only three years of skating. Mum sounds emotional in the interview after watching Jin-Seo fell a few times. It's such hard work and look at the bruises on his feet.
He did well in his first outing. He should be proud of himself and his achievements. Go Jin-Seo go. You set a good example to the Korean boys and some day Korea will have a Yuna equivalent male skater soon. Good luck.

l'etoile
05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I've finally watched all of them! WOW.. I'm having a blast in this weekend:D

What I was most amazed by was that those vivid and glamorous lighting effect and videos so accordingly displayed to skaters' performances! They sure have put one of best shows taking every detail into account.

I enjoyed most of their performances even Alyssa's jump-botching ones ;) That acrobatic duo's were absolute crowd-wower, so hilarious and surprising.

And am I the only one who actually likes Evan's Tango de Roxane? Very elegant, powerful, yet controlled skating! Maxim T was supposedly shocked by him trying quads in practice and I'm so looking forward to what Evan is gonna bring to competition skating again.

Carolina! Oh how I was glad to see her unitard costume under those blazing lights! Her skating was sublime as always, and I'm wondering if she will ever go on to compete more. I so wish she does. But I did not like that gala with screaming sound of music, I was like, WTH?:rolleyes:

So, this show was the last international showcase for S/Z's skating ever :( This fact just saddens more I think about it. They could rest and have some stuff organized for a few years and come back like S/P, couldn't they? Anyways I liked their gala to a chinese song. So romantic melody and such a chemistry from them. I think they are one of very few skaters who had been around competitive skating so much that everyone was glad and delighted to have witnessed their development as a technically superb team and artistically improving team. And they got their very well deserving Olympic gold in Vancouver.

And there's S/P, who are soooooooooo good at what they are doing that during their performances one can relax and just have fun, go nuts with them. Scream was a great excitement and I think only Korean fans can thrill them with their reactions, and vise-versa, which is probably why they brought this routine for two years in a row.

Patrick's Mannish gala was by David Wilson, isn't it? Wilson brought out some good quality of Patrick! Still, I prefer Elegie;) When is his coach decided? Or Cathy Johnson is the new coach? And is it confirmed that he's trying out new choreographers other than Lori? This is a good for him, or any other skaters, to try something new, endless find himself adventure. (which makes me want to beg Yuna to do the same!)

Which brings me to Yuna. She was just exquisite in those new galas. All of Me was such a delightful surprise while Someone Like You was Yuna as we knew, amazingly musical and emotional skater. Those tears she shed at the end of her performance are so uncanny and bring up some questions which I won't even bother to answer to. This young lady has a God-given talent, that's for sure. Being born in a country which had and has literally no business in figure skating, going through all those difficulties, she had nowhere to hang on but herself, her talent. And she became the champion so brilliantly that no one can ever doubt. That alone is enough for me to embrace her as one of greatest skaters in the history. One can only wonder how further she and her team will branch out this gift.

SkateFan66
05-13-2012, 10:53 PM
And am I the only one who actually likes Evan's Tango de Roxane? Very elegant, powerful, yet controlled skating! Maxim T was supposedly shocked by him trying quads in practice and I'm so looking forward to what Evan is gonna bring to competition skating again.

No, you are not the only one that likes Evan's El Tando de Roxanne. I have seen Evan perform it live six times and it is fantastic. I am also looking forward to seeing what Lysacek can bring to competitive skating this season.

TheGirlCanSkate
05-13-2012, 11:03 PM
No, you are not the only one that likes Evan's El Tando de Roxanne. I have seen Evan perform it live six times and it is fantastic. I am also looking forward to seeing what Lysacek can bring to competitive skating this season.

I fell in adoration of him in that program. A couple years ago I saw it live - it was amazing. Thank you all for the videos and photos and your thoughts - so much fun to see and read!

puretea
05-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Found new videos on this channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/dangdanghada

I especially like this clip ;
ATS Spring Act 2 Opening (DJ Special Mix) http://youtu.be/IFOTnP-9jss
I've never seen this part of the show through fancams before.
It looks great with the colorful lighting! :)

t.mann
05-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Chan's Elegie (day 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZOdsXmhqs

:swoon: at his heavenly skating skills

skatesindreams
05-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the additional video links.

l'etoile
05-15-2012, 06:45 AM
From All That Skate Youtube channel : Yuna's All of Me in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KB7rccqcSzg)!!